Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France joins the war against Sweden

Éric

I have heard rumours about British traders (players) being attacked by Swedish players in Costa Rica. I don't know if this is true, but it won't surprise me... Swedish reputation is so low on our side. It seems to me that Sweden is the real pirate nation in this game...

And if this is true, Brits, deal with your new friend.

aka SlipEnTitane

i suggest you to change your name as it is hated by french and would decrease the tension between your group of player and the french. I told you the french clan LMO change his name after the departure on his leader for the same reason to not be hated by swedish.

I thought it was something smart but it seems you take it as an insult. It was not, just a suggestion. You refuse it and this history was over, your are master of your choice.

I have heard rumours about British traders (players) being attacked by Swedish players in Costa Rica. I don't know if this is true, but it won't surprise me... Swedish reputation is so low on our side. It seems to me that Sweden is the real pirate nation in this game...

And if this is true, Brits, deal with your new friend.

aka SlipEnTitane

I heard rumors that DRUNK clan only consists of bugged NPCs...

It seems to me that Sweden is the real pirate nation in this game...

aka SlipEnTitane

I think you should think twice before making such a statement. The alleged doings from one clan isn't per se the doings of an entire nation. 

Don´t worry Wille Wilse, spreading such rumors isn´t hurting at all. 

Every nation has at least a few players that do not agree on what the councils decide/agree on.

A few french players attacked our traders, and a few danes did so too. No big deal for me, anyone who judges a nation based on the actions of a few or single players is simply not worth getting angry about. ;)

The alleged doings from one clan isn't per se the doings of an entire nation. 

No big deal for me, anyone who judges a nation based on the actions of a few or single players is simply not worth getting angry about. ;)

And how does this logic fit into the alleged "some players" handing Roadtown to pirates?

Check and mate.

There is a huge difference between handling over a port to our enemies or attacking some players. 

Did we declare war against you because of that? No!

We simply took that pirate port and intercepted the flag because we couldn´t be sure if it wasn´t said clan/players that handed the port to the pirates.

And if you say Ironeagle was not a RUS member before I trust you with that, I simply was told he was member of RUS before. And it was said (count that as rumor because there was no hard evidence) that RUS gave it to them because they have a strong relationship with the russian pirates.

We simply needed to secure our homewater from pirates and their "staging" point.

And I was not involved in all that diplo stuff.

Bottom line: we are at war now and playing the game has never been that interesting before. You have a lot more player driven content/events now, and so do we.

The latest issue of the International Free Press attributes the current conflict in the East as a by product of the Peace Treaty signed by Dutch and Swedish after the Swedish-Dutch war, which came to a standstill.

Interesting enough the same article points out that agents and spies from the Soda Can group instigated the present conflict not envisioning the welfare of Sweden but the expansion of their own power.

At the end of the article the spokeperson of the study group which follows the situation in the Caribbean quoted - "The Roadtown incident was never a reason more than an excuse to shift attention from the truth. It was more a statement than a real threat."

The magazine also had some other very nice articles but this one was quite nice to read.

The latest issue of the International Free Press attributes the current conflict in the East as a by product of the Peace Treaty signed by Dutch and Swedish after the Swedish-Dutch war, which came to a standstill.

Interesting enough the same article points out that agents and spies from the Soda Can group instigated the present conflict not envisioning the welfare of Sweden but the expansion of their own power.

At the end of the article the spokeperson of the study group which follows the situation in the Caribbean quoted - "The Roadtown incident was never a reason more than an excuse to shift attention from the truth. It was more a statement than a real threat."

The magazine also had some other very nice articles but this one was quite nice to read.

I would love a copy of that

There is a huge difference between handling over a port to our enemies or attacking some players. 

Did we declare war against you because of that? No!

We simply took that pirate port and intercepted the flag because we couldn´t be sure if it wasn´t said clan/players that handed the port to the pirates.

And if you say Ironeagle was not a RUS member before I trust you with that, I simply was told he was member of RUS before. And it was said (count that as rumor because there was no hard evidence) that RUS gave it to them because they have a strong relationship with the russian pirates.

As a former clanmate of Ironeagel in Vikings I can attest to the fact he in Vikings, not in RUS when the Roadtown incident took place. 

Ironeagel had all reason to buy a flag to retake the port. he had production there and spare Santissimas. Sounds like enough reasons to want to retake?

Everybody in D-N wanted the pirates out, me included. As a matter of fact I would have bought the flag if he didn't beat me to it by 5 minutes.

A friend of mine was in the Sverige TS channel for the swedish screening fleet and he was ordered to take out the D-N flag. Not by the normal commander but by another guy screaming to intercept the flag. Ask for Weitsicht in Sverige for a full account of this situation.

Sweden was warmongering and got it's way. Too bad the Dutch got strongarmed into this. The fact Sweden now has outposts in Panama show they planned this and used it to their benefit.

The brits gave us those ports so we could still have resources to defend our homewaters and this was not planned, ask Weitsicht about it.

We had a friendly relation towards the brits before you declared war on us, but we are not their vassals and they do not command us.

A friend of mine was in the Sverige TS channel for the swedish screening fleet and he was ordered to take out the D-N flag. Not by the normal commander but by another guy screaming to intercept the flag. Ask for Weitsicht in Sverige for a full account of this situation

I was in the TS aswell and there was not a single commander (there was one guy in charge of the PB fleet!), we were split in different Groups (screening groups and the main Port Battle Group in the same channel) and none of us said we shouldn´t intercept the flag. Some guys asked if we should intercept it and everyone enthusiasticly agreed on intercepting it. We communicated and had to react/decide fast.

And yes you can call it screaming because all of us were really pushed by the fact that we actually managed to gather 70 swedes and going after the same goal! We wanted to take the pirate port! It was a much needed boost in morale!

Call it warmongering, I say we finally wanted to achieve a goal as one Nation!

We did not want that war! We surely wanted to give a statement (deep down inside of us) that we want to play this game aswell and not rely on the generosity of our much bigger neighbours. We wanted to be respected as a real nation.

And now we managed to stay united and arranged ourselves with the situation. We were also lucky to get the exile ports offered by the brits!

Can you really blame us for this? Would you really have acted in a different way if you were in our situtation? 

We are at war with you and you "forced" your allies into it (defensive treaty I guess), and we are dealing with the situation. And made us stronger and much more united than ever before.

PS: I do feel very sorry for all the PVP3 players that were "merged" into this situation, they have to deal with a war they never had any influence in. But you can not expect us to let both of you take all our ports (second time now!) and then not fight back while we are still at war!

I think you could really respect this. ;)

The brits gave us those ports so we could still have resources to defend our homewaters and this was not planned, ask Weitsicht about it.

We had a friendly relation towards the brits before you declared war on us, but we are not their vassals and they do not command us.

I was in the TS aswell and there was not a single commander (there was one guy in charge of the PB fleet!), we were split in different Groups (screening groups and the main Port Battle Group in the same channel) and none of us said we shouldn´t intercept the flag. Some guys asked if we should intercept it and everyone enthusiasticly agreed on intercepting it. We communicated and had to react/decide fast.

And yes you can call it screaming because all of us were really pushed by the fact that we actually managed to gather 70 swedes and going after the same goal! We wanted to take the pirate port! It was a much needed boost in morale!

Call it warmongering, I say we finally wanted to achieve a goal as one Nation!

We did not want that war! We surely wanted to give a statement (deep down inside of us) that we want to play this game aswell and not rely on the generosity of our much bigger neighbours. We wanted to be respected as a real nation.

And now we managed to stay united and arranged ourselves with the situation. We were also lucky to get the exile ports offered by the brits!

Can you really blame us for this? Would you really have acted in a different way if you were in our situtation? 

We are at war with you and you "forced" your allies into it (defensive treaty I guess), and we are dealing with the situation. And made us stronger and much more united than ever before.

PS: I do feel very sorry for all the PVP3 players that were "merged" into this situation, they have to deal with a war they never had any influence in. But you can not expect us to let both of you take all our ports (second time now!) and then not fight back while we are still at war!

I think you could really respect this. ;)

The point is that the patch screwed things over and made it more zerg than ever before. It takes the fun out of this war and today proved it. Zerg zerg zerg untill you win. 

are you still unaware this is an alpha test version we're playing?

I am aware. So keep your swedish salt in your ikea's ;)

Edited by Kloothommel

The point is that the patch screwed things over and made it more zerg than ever before. It takes the fun out of this war and today proved it. Zerg zerg zerg untill you win. 

The patch made us stronger (compared to our abilities pre-patch) since we could never compete against you with a 1st rate fleet. You guys are way more experienced in 1st rate port battles and also have a better economy to provide your main fleet with 1st rates.

The merge also gave us more players, not sure how much new players you gained from it though. But I don´t see a zerg problem caused by the patch. Player numbers allready mattered alot before this patch. Whoever can bring more numbers has a huge advantage.

Well, seems you need a patch to win wars... have fun while it lasts.

Seems you need 25 Santi fleets to win PBs...

You are MORE salty because your "Our response shall be swift and hard and with the goal to put the Swedish nation back to Gustavia and under a blockade." Didnt Worked like you wanted...

You and France attacked us and hold us down to 2-3 Ports in the homewaters, and after we striked back yesterday we are now Zergers...sure.

Edited by Belize
  • Like 1

Before and after patch each non-pirate nation plays by the same rules... If after patch you're unable to win battle it just proves you were not experienced, just had bigger SOL fleets and stronger economy, allowing you to Zerg using SOL fleets.

Change in PB regarding all frigate PBs, makes battles for smaller nations more even because they can now fight, even if they have smaller player base and economy.

I like those changes because now you just can't Zerg every port with SOLs and have to fight with underdogs on even ground :D

In that regard Swedes just have a chance to prove their fighting skills, in my opinion they have it in spades as I have seen them in action during their attacks on Dutch ports and Haiti campaign.

Good luck to our Swedish friends and let us show France and Danes that they should not meddle with our affairs ;)

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 5

Feel free. I have said my piece. The facts are easy. I have no intention to engage in a pointless discussion about rumours and baseless accusations. It is obvious that you were looking for a way to start a war, and you got your war. We've taken all your ports around Gusavia a couple of times. Now lets talk about ending this whack-a-mole conflict like the French so reasonably suggest. Neither France nor Denmark-Norway were looking for this war in the first place. But you know the words, "in times of peace, prepare for war". We are not naive.

Be reassured, Plerrick is always well informed in my experience. He has responded in this topic previously. But now the topic has devolved into a he-did-she-did discussion about Sweden and Denmark-Norway, which doesn't even concern France and is frankly a bit off topic here. Why would he need to read all this? If something relevant should hide among the rest, someone more willing to waste their time in National News will surely keep him informed.

I think we just got our answer to what this war is about. You want the whole server to speak only English?

But 2 weeks earlier than what? And I didn't know that we sent you any doctor to negotiate on our behalf.

If you're going to insult people's english, do a better job. 

If you are referring to two weeks ago, and the note that I wrote, you are misrepresenting what happened. I was in the TS. Due to the questions that were posed we assumed you were struggling to understand the language of the note. And to my memory, the note was not read to you you were asked to read it, and then asked politely to read it again.

Before I start: I'm sorry but I had no time to think about the game this weekend, thats why I answere now.

In my eyes, it is not that obvious. We already fought the Pirates, we did not wanted to fight the war against you nor the french. We were already happy with the situation we've got. You declared the war and you inflame the fire. We already had our war-territory. Stop blaming us to be the aggressor. That just makes no sense at all.

Be reasonable, Plerrick didn't show that he was informed in this topic yet. Further, he should start to read the direct answeres to his matter. If he dont want to - that is his problem, still shows enough.

Well, I think if you want to make fun of it - So, anyone should be able to talk in English in order to talk to other people with different main languages.

Now, to be serious: If the question is: "Do you want to have only British ports on the map?" - I would like to ask if you are insane!

No of course not. Schweden is not allied with the Brits. We just accepted their offer to get us a little back-up area.

From where did you got the "Doctor" here? 

And no, I actualy dont think that it was the note you wrote - But I might be wrong regarding this.

Im talking about a declaration that a single dane haded to us. We told him, that we understand the points you accused us. But we had a few other questions regarding that and these vague points. Just to read out the whole thing again is not a diplomatic answere, nor suited to fit for diplomatic behaviour. Further, no this one was a note, that was read out and not given to us. So I think we are talking about different statements.

• Like 1