Game-Labs Forum

Where have all the traders gone?

Agree, I only played for about an hour yesterday and noticed the same thing. The ocean felt VERY empty without traders sailing around. 

Even if you can't attack them, just having more NPCs sailing around helps with the immersion that you're part of a larger world. 

I admit my time on was limited yesterday( 90 mins) but sailing the U.S coastline I only seen one trader.

Has there been a decrease in AI traders?

I would bet by them being used as travel ticket for ships   ^_^   

with the new IA capture rules you need one of those to send your ship to another of your outposts.... so they are going to be a scarce resource,  specially the smugglers

Ports spawn nationals. To find foreign traders you should have to travel to the edge of territory.

Admin posted this in other thread.

About the specific contraband, no idea, but did see a few yesterday.

Ports spawn nationals. To find foreign traders you should have to travel to the edge of territory.

Admin posted this in other thread.

About the specific contraband, no idea, but did see a few yesterday.

Please note in my OP I said traders, which includes all traders both foreign and friendly. The only one I seen was a Spanish grosse venture off key west.

Worrisome to me that the if traders have become more scarce? capping them and raiding is entertaining...  Admittedly I also used them often to move ships around.  IMO this makes the OW so so  much bigger.   Does this game really need that?   Maybe we need the ability to teleport a ship somewhere besides capital once a day?   I get the simulator/realism angle...  But that's going to be a very small crowd.   I've played a lot of open world MMO's with Big worlds..  But seldom one that has headwinds killing me for 1/2 my sailing time?    I see this as a pretty big turn-off to a lot players trying this out.  

Thank you!

As for the teleporting issue. I have heard the admin say they are trying to help casual players. A casual player does not have time to sail a ship for an hour to get somewhere when they only play for an hour or so at a time. A friend and I both started playing the game in January. He has less than 100 hours and I have less than 300. Take away teleports and all players like him are gone. I don't even consider 300 hours since January much more than casual.

Thank you!

As for the teleporting issue. I have heard the admin say they are trying to help casual players. A casual player does not have time to sail a ship for an hour to get somewhere when they only play for an hour or so at a time. A friend and I both started playing the game in January. He has less than 100 hours and I have less than 300. Take away teleports and all players like him are gone. I don't even consider 300 hours since January much more than casual.

I said this in the patch post.but it was deleted..this game is getting harder and harder for casual players to play... 

this is not a casual gamer game and i will not recommend it to anyone who cannot play for a min of 3hrs a day 

80% of the game play is fighting the wind what ever you do

this a major reason why 75% of player who PAID MONEY to play this game have quit it just takes to long to do anything

3/4 of the 30 people who started with me have quit over this very reason 

they want to be able to long on for a couple hrs and feel they did something other than sail open world

Edited by Atomic Moose

well it seems henry doesn think there is a problem with no trade ships how many pics of and open sea by land by towns do you want to show you there no traders alone or hell even with other ships 

this stuff needs to be tested please

oh my bad we are the testers i forget 

this is not a casual gamer game and i will not recommend it to anyone who cannot play for a min of 3hrs a day 

80% of the game play is fighting the wind what ever you do

this a major reason why 75% of player who PAID MONEY to play this game have quit it just takes to long to do anything

3/4 of the 30 people who started with me have quit over this very reason 

they want to be able to long on for a couple hrs and feel they did something other than sail open world

It really depends on how you play it. You want to cross the map everyday you have some long sessions ahead of you, just want to fight not nearly as much time needed.