Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.7 - Land sighted

admin

Independent players have 5 accounts and craft Santisimas on their own. They will be fine trust me. If those who don't have many accounts, can join my guild on pvp1 usa, pm Wind Element. lol

5 account... you know some players paying 5x37€ only in order to craft ? Seriously... 

• Like 4

so if understand this correctly the only way to get ships now is by having them made as it says all captured ships are sent to admiralty, well it says combat ships so i guess traders are ok to capture

so the only way to get connie and 3rd rates now are to have them built for you, doesnt that kind of hurt the small clans who dont have the crafters the large clans do 

this might not be a good change

Unless your small clan is like 3 members only, this doesn't hurt you any more than it hurts large clans. It takes 7 or more players right now to support a shipwright making ships of the line. A crafter can make 5 Bellonas per week. Do the math yourself how often anyone can have a new ship at that pace.

Large clans relied on captured third rates to make up that difference just like small clans did.

Edited by Quineloe

Important: Combat NPC ships are now transferred to the admiralty after capture – admiralty immediately provides the compensation for the captured ship durability. But you cannot capture NPC ships any more.

Not a good idea IMO

Let's say a player is new, they take out their cutter and try to get a bigger ship. They capture a brig from an NPC but they can't sail it?

A crafter wants to get a Mercury blueprint. Now they have to buy Mercuries and break them down to try to get the blueprint?

• Like 1

As far as I understand this, you can still have your large Battles and ganks with higher numbers, if all ships are inside the tagging circle at the start of the battle. The BR limit just counts for stragglers or random sailors, who want to join after the battle started.

Not with people of other factions involved in the same tag as you. Like if US sailing with a British player to hunt Pirates, this kills that experience.

• Like 1

A money sinker was needed to control the inflation

I suppose for those who grind NPCs in fleets and missions all day long.

But for those like myself who have never had more then 300k in game because all we do is pvp this could be a bit of a pain.

In my opinion they should allow NPC capping up to the Frigate level to allow small boat pvp.

Granted I will adapt,  but it will make me more cautious when sailing around in a boat i actually paid for.  Kind of the opposite of promoting pvp imo.

• Like 1

As far as I understand this, you can still have your large Battles and ganks with higher numbers, if all ships are inside the tagging circle at the start of the battle. The BR limit just counts for stragglers or random sailors, who want to join after the battle started.

Do you mean the slower ships will once again get the short end of the stick? Our clan group has a lot of slow sailing ships in the group and its already hard finding pvp as it is right now. This just makes it even worse.

5 account... you know some players paying 5x37€ only in order to craft ? Seriously...

I had few in my clan. So, yeah. They are one of the biggest ship crafters in US nation who work with TF atm.

The more I think of it, the less I like the complete removal of capturing combat ships for our own use.  A lot of PVP happens because of access to bad, free ships  with 1 durability. I'm far more likely to engage in a risky fight in such a throwaway ship than I am in a frigate that cost us labor hours and money.

I think this should be offset by a _significant_ reduction in labor hours for 4th rates and below so we can mass produce them. The waiting list even for 5th rates in our clan is significant, and the prices in the capital are prohibitive.

Unless you really expect us to PVP in those shoddy basic ships the NPCs sell?

• Like 5

Not a good idea IMO

Let's say a player is new, they take out their cutter and try to get a bigger ship. They capture a brig from an NPC but they can't sail it?

As a new player you can just buy it in the shop. The money you get from sinking ships is good and basic NPC crafted ships aren't really expensive. Until you have the rank to crew bigger ships, you shoul have enough gold. And you can still capture them and get money for it. I really don't see a game breaking problem.

• Like 2

Do you mean the slower ships will once again get the short end of the stick? Our clan group has a lot of slow sailing ships in the group and its already hard finding pvp as it is right now. This just makes it even worse.

Yes, slower ships might have problem. But still you need to reach the BR cap first. And this is a factor which can be tweaked by the devs. let's just test it for a while and provide feedback.

• Like 1

The more I think of it, the less I like the complete removal of capturing combat ships for our own use.  A lot of PVP happens because of access to bad, free ships  with 1 durability. I'm far more likely to engage in a risky fight in such a throwaway ship than I am in a frigate that cost us labor hours and money.

/signed

It would be much better if the 'Admiralty' only confiscated important major warships like SoLs.

• Like 4

As a new player you can just buy it in the shop. The money you get from sinking ships is good and basic NPC crafted ships aren't really expensive. Until you have the rank to crew bigger ships, you shoul have enough gold. And you can still capture them and get money for it. I really don't see a game breaking problem.

Its not game breaking but it will certainly be less attractive to new players. 

"oh i can be a pirate sweet"

first battle captures a ship

"oh i cant use it what the fuck this game is shit"

Thats how i can see people thinking.

• Like 1

• Land in battles changed Rules of Engagement.
    • Players who are pulled into instance will spawn in exact positions form the open world.
    • If you have enemies ahead of you they will be ahead of you in battle.
    • Please be more careful when engaging enemies and avoid situation where you can spawn surrounded.
  • Lag compensation visual circle is added. When you select a ship you will see a small circle around it. If you attack the enemy within that small circle your spawn positions are not guaranteed. If you want to guarantee exact position for spawns attack outside of that small circle.
  • The land in battles spawning has not been tested in large player base environment and we will need your feedback.

I still think you should rather limit the effect of open world placement on battle map positions than increase it. Starting a battle from a situation where opposing ships are sitting in the water, sails down and with unloaded guns within shouting distance away from each other is just silly. Did everyone on every ship just doze off for half an hour, not seeing the enemies on the horizon or something? I understand this is required to prevent enemies from just leaving the battle before they can be tagged but I think that this should be fixed by changing the escape mechanism rather than with weird battles start situations, giving the simplified sailing  physics of the open world too much impact on the results of combat.

The battle should start with every ship being at least a gun range away from the nearest enemy and the escape mechanics should be adjusted for that (having to get well beyond the gun range of all enemy ships to escape for example). Basically this would mean that everything that happens at gun range happens in the battle mode and everything that happens beyond gun range happens in open world.

I like the Ingermanland becoming a 4th rate,  I'm definitely going to get one now. I quite like the fact that captured ships are now going to be sent to admiralty but I wish this change was made only after the port battles mechanics and the port flipping were fixed. Inability to send captured third rates to outpost is going to make defending ports in time even harder than what it is at the moment.

Edited by Marcomies
  • Like 2

Or : 

Ho a cool sailing mmo...

I need a clan

Enlist, crafters give me a nice ship

This game is so cooool ;)

• Like 1

Listen to yourself. New players don't need new ships, they need to level and earn gold first. This is what they will do. Cap/kill npcs and earn gold. Later after they are promoted to new rank they will go to the nearest store and buy any ship they want and able to sail. Once they reach high rank they will get involved in craft/clans and will be able to get high quality Sol warship. New players need gold and xp. Ships to sail are in the stores for them.
  • Like 4

I'm hoping this will reduce the insane amount of ramming by "players"...  Worst tactic of being able to use throwaway ships.

"Helmsman, put me right into the side of that third rate!"

"No effing way, sir!"

• Like 6

/signed

It would be much better if the 'Admiralty' only confiscated important major warships like SoLs.

Heartily agreed. I got my start by capping Privateers over and over again, until I recieved a captured brig from a clanmate. Only ship I actually bought at start due to spending most of my money on outposts was a Pickle, and it didn't last long. Rated warships should definitely go to the admiralty. Possibly 4th rates/5th rates. Lower than that should always have the option for the player to keep it OR send it to the admiralty.

• Like 1

Listen to yourself. New players don't need new ships, they need to level and earn gold first. This is what they will do. Cap/kill npcs and earn gold. Later after they are promoted to new rank they will go to the nearest store and buy any ship they want and able to sail. Once they reach high rank they will get involved in craft/clans and will be able to get high quality Sol warship. New players need gold and xp. Ships to sail are in the stores for them.

You mean basic ships otherwise ship prices will get sykrocket for sure!

How then can a new Player afford a decent ship tell me!