Game-Labs Forum

Open letter to Game Labs regarding RNoN and DRUNK.

Immaterial. If they lose it again then so be it. All they've lost is the cash for a flag, oh well.

Why should they "step down under the will of the majority"? The "majority" means absolutely nothing here because all "diplomacy" is clan-to-clan. You can play the meta-game all you like, and more power to you, but they can as well and have the same right to do so as you. Colour it up however you like, with whatever excuses you please, the end of the story is: You have absolutely no right nor authority to dictate to others how they play their own game. Period. It boggles the mind why this simple fact is so hard for some players to grasp.

As for your respect, well, I'm sure that's just tearing them up inside, but they seem like troupers so I'm sure they'll carry on somehow. Seriously, the level of animosity directed towards the clans that decided to keep playing has been disgraceful. The only behaviour related to "griefing" I've seen has been on the side of those who constantly flame groups like mine or DRUNK in nation chat, on these "RP/forum-pvp" forums and even in recruitment threads where that trash most certainly does not belong. You don't need to agree with what they do, but the fact that you like to think you speak for the majority doesn't give you the right to flaunt behavioural expectations in a community like this.

What blows me away is that in our fights with the Danes both sides have always ended - without fail - with a salute and a "good fight" regardless of the winner, and in my experience running with DRUNK the same has been true. Every single time. They've enjoyed the PvP as much as we have. The only people crying about it is our own pretend-internet-countrymen. You want to know what sort of behaviour damages a player-base? THIS. This pitiful attempt to bully others into falling into line, like children embittered by the fact that others won't do as they're told. Had I seen this before playing I'd have never bought the game and supported an absurdly immature community such as the National News forum showcases. It's an embarrassment.

Were you one of the 9-10 french who attacked a snow a few days ago? Me sailing it? I had 9 drunk friends tailing me. :) I remember it was french and a good fight, you lost because of our long cannons if I remember right. And yes, ggwp's were called out. Fun and good pvp, nothing else.

Either way, I'm happy to see the support from a french too and I thank you for your very good comment. :)

Were you one of the 9-10 french who attacked a snow a few days ago? Me sailing it?

I wouldn't imagine so, no. We've yet to engage any Swedish players that I'm aware of, and focus on fighting the Dane-Norwegian players. I know you've been fighting with the French lately though, and I'm glad to hear that at least one of the fights ended on a mature note for both sides. That's the sort of gameplay we all enjoy, and so far have always seen from the guys we've fought. Good fights all around, win or lose.

I'd like to round up by mentioning a few more things.

As the player Jordun bought and placed the flag to attack Fort Baai (Danish-Norweigan port) the swedish global chatt got spammed for a good 45 minutes, if not more, untill a game moderator by the name of Tomms came in and stated that verbal abuse was not going to be accepted. I'd like to personally thank you Tomms for taking this mans side and defending him from the enormus hate that he recieved.

I'd also like to point out the irony that the leader of the main Danish-Norweigan clan, Herminator, was seen in the attack they launched versus Oranje (I believe it was Oranje atleast). His pressence was even called out by the moderator Mirones that also happily redecorated his cabin. This battle started before DRUNK launched their attack, so my question is.. Who did truely break the treaty when it comes to clans? Jordun was a apparently clan less, that could have been solved by diplomacy easily, but Herminator still made the call to engage a Swedish port?

I was there. Herminator was only present to calm things with the Sverige players. To preserve the peace.

And to add to that: Where was DRUNK to defend their beloved Sverige? 

ONE player. ONE.

Their absence speaks more than any words could discribe...

1zv6gy8.png

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 2

I was there. Herminator was only present to calm things with the Sverige players. To preserve the peace.

And to add to that: Where was DRUNK to defend their beloved Sverige? 

ONE player. ONE.

Their absence speaks more than any words could discribe...

1zv6gy8.png

Howcome he was battling then..?

We were sure that Kungliga Flottan and the rest of the swedish fleet could handle the danish attack.

Me and my fellow friends were hunting french in the south as all went down, when they launched their attack we made a quick call, return the agression.

While you were defending that, we sunk ganking french and captured a danish port.

Your point again, sorry?

I'm not sure why one clan going against the grain is even causing forum drama at all. A while back some British clans picked fights against the wishes of most of the other clans. A short time ago RAE went to war against Britain in breach of the peace agreed by the rest of their faction, then STARS did it too. Now Sweden does it and we have Herminator making a tribunal post wanting that clan forcibly switched to Pirate? Comical.

Edited by DarkFenix
  • Like 3

I'm not sure why one clan going against the grain is even causing forum drama at all. A while back some British clans picked fights against the wishes of most of the other clans. A short time ago RAE went to war against Britain in breach of the peace agreed by the rest of their faction, then STARS did it too. Now Sweden does it and we have Herminator making a tribunal post wanting that clan forcibly switched to Pirate? Comical.

Our clan and a danish-norweigan one, yes. RNON is their name, both threads is in the Nation News if you want more reading buddy.

The level of hate and propoganda directed against the 'dissenters' in an organised campaign is pretty sad and disturbing. Will you all just take a step back and remember that you are all equals playing a game? none of you are the king of Sweden and these guys broke no rules. they aren't griefing they are doing what they want to do for fun. you say they are ruining your fun just by doing what they want but you don't care at all about ruining their game experience, about bullying them in game and even misusing the forums to bully them further?

Get a grip people, this is a game. its not surprising to me at all that idiots ended up commiting real world crimes over WoW. this is the sort of nonsense that starts it, organized hate campaigns against people just because you don't like their choices.

I was part of a clan in Britain that went against the wishes of a bigger clan because we decided it was important to us. there was no nonsense on the forums and all this hatred. we disagreed and settled it through talking. now we work together on common goals.

Its not that hard, behaving like this just because people wont listen to you is pathetic. grow up.

• Like 1

Get a grip people, this is a game. its not surprising to me at all that idiots ended up commiting real world crimes over WoW.

I remember, years ago, hearing about a group of high school kids in Vancouver, BC that found some trash-talking player from the other faction (I don't remember which bunch were which, Horde/Alliance) in the cafeteria at his school and apparently broke all of his fingers. It would've been hilarious if it wasn't so damned pathetic.

Our clan and a danish-norweigan one, yes. RNON is their name, both threads is in the Nation News if you want more reading buddy.

Yup, I've just been made aware on TS of who is doing what in this, this shitstorm over it is utterly absurd. I suppose the Russian alliance is fine with this kind of thing until it inconveniences them.

Neither RNoN nor DRUNK are able to hold ports on their own nor are they able to capture defended ones.

@OP: I respect people until they don't deserve it anymore. DRUNK is unable to step down under the will of a majority (!).

They are unable to accept an obvious defeat against the Danes and are thus bad loser.

This is enough for me to lose my respect regarding their actions and players.

Thank you for not repsecting me, Ive never seen you or talked with you. but that does not help getting people in line when you keep that kinda attitude up. I've attacked port where we have lost hard. but it doesnt face it, I just think "Its a game, I can easly replace my ship with a new one/it still have 3 dura left so I didnt acualy loss much.

The main thing I have to say "I enjoy attacking ports and get some action, and if I was victorious. I would not loss sleep over it if someone tok it back" This is my playstyle. and you got no badge. no moderation titel or above and you are not the person that write the rules of the User agreement of playing this game. if DRUNK and RNoN want to have fun, we should be able to have fun. not having you getting on the forums calling us out for been grifers because we dont play the game like you do. As long as we all keep following the rules. there is no need for witch hunting people that want to attack ports. they had the funds to do it, and they did it. Thats all

lol whats this shit. Writing an essay about them being complete assholes and people reacting to it. Amazing what kids do for attention these days.

Eklipz, please..

Not once did I call anyone a "complete asshole", or anything even remotely close to it. I'll politely ask you to either stop commenting or change your tone, for the sake of a good and mature discussion and hopefully a change because of it.

Thank you.

The level of hate and propoganda directed against the 'dissenters' in an organised campaign is pretty sad and disturbing. Will you all just take a step back and remember that you are all equals playing a game? none of you are the king of Sweden and these guys broke no rules. they aren't griefing they are doing what they want to do for fun. you say they are ruining your fun just by doing what they want but you don't care at all about ruining their game experience, about bullying them in game and even misusing the forums to bully them further?

Get a grip people, this is a game. its not surprising to me at all that idiots ended up commiting real world crimes over WoW. this is the sort of nonsense that starts it, organized hate campaigns against people just because you don't like their choices.

I was part of a clan in Britain that went against the wishes of a bigger clan because we decided it was important to us. there was no nonsense on the forums and all this hatred. we disagreed and settled it through talking. now we work together on common goals.

Its not that hard, behaving like this just because people wont listen to you is pathetic. grow up.

You seem to actually be one of few who understands why I mentioned World of Warcraft and my history with it. Actually made me happy as I started to worry I wrote it in a bad way to connect it to Naval Action.

But yes, your comment is very very true friend,

Edited by Sju Sjösjuka Sjömän

Neither RNoN nor DRUNK are able to hold ports on their own nor are they able to capture defended ones.

@OP: I respect people until they don't deserve it anymore. DRUNK is unable to step down under the will of a majority (!).

They are unable to accept an obvious defeat against the Danes and are thus bad loser.

This is enough for me to lose my respect regarding their actions and players.

Facepalm. Yes we are bad losers and we dont deserve respect because we continue to fight despite of everything. And you are respected and powerful because you kiss danish boots well. Black is white, white is black.

• Like 1

"@OP: I respect people until they don't deserve it anymore. DRUNK is unable to step down under the will of a majority (!).
This is enough for me to lose my respect regarding their actions and players."

I guess being Canadian rolling over when an enemy comes isn't in my nature, especially when it's a game with no real loss..Just 4 weeks ago we were the insignificant 2 man clan of rogue vigilante players, now we're respected by some of our enemies and developing a reputation as a feared group of Privateers. Our success was achieved by our actions, what some call treason I call great success, a victory and statement that we can and will fight back against the Danes, we can defeat our enemies and we will continue playing the game how we want. This whole situation is a good example of why you should be careful who you call insignificant, because the constant accusations and insults just strengthened our resolve to do what we wanted. We may not be able to defend the ports we take, but you'll see us try our best and fight hard, because it's better to try and fail than to not try at all.

• Like 2

now we're respected by some of our enemies and developing a reputation as a feared group of Privateers. Our success was achieved by our actions, what some call treason I call great success, a victory and statement that we can and will fight back against the Danes, we can defeat our enemies

Ok, thats it. Im done. Too much internet for today  :blink:

Oooooooooh. The royal british navy officer.....

I feel stupid now..... ;_;

In my defence, I don't know much about british naval history actually. The little I do know is World War II only..

"History nerd" not knowing who Horatio Nelson is? Like really? 

• Like 2

What I find astonishing is that DRUNK take advantage of swedish ports in the south (raw materials, PvP) but when it comes to an attack of the Dutch agsinst these ports there wasn't any support of DRUNK members. They rather fight french players or hunt AI fleets around Plymouth.

Is that fair? Taking advantage of having many ports but not defensing them? If it goes after the DRUNK clan we would be in fight/war with every nation (especially with Denmark-Norge). If that would be the case Sweden would have been already put back to a 1 port nation. Maybe this is their understanding on acting as a nation.