Game-Labs Forum

Open letter to Game Labs regarding RNoN and DRUNK.

You are of course correct for the CURRENT game mechanics. At the same time, diplomacy is voted as the most critical gaming area in need of an overhaul..That says a lot considering the competition: PB's, crafting, content etc. The implication being that a lot of players apparently are less than happy with the current situation, for the reasons described in a billion posts.

Lacking the in-game diplomacy framework (in whichever form), has led to players taking this in their own hands: Pirates and Danes collaborating, french port jumping via dutch, peace, alliances and wars. Of course nothing prevents individual players from completely disregarding any deals set by the majority (currently). 

At the same time (currently) when the ingame mechanics framework is not available, you have to acknowledge the right of players to use out of game mechanics such as tribunals, forum posts etc...

As you point out you are yourself - Recommending a tribunal versus the king. Do that then, but don't complain when others use the same out of game functionality? Isn't that a bit of hypocrisy?

/Zpliff

In reply I would simply say the same thing that needs said to everyone who says XYZ ship is OP and needs nerfed, or crafting is pointless needs buff or whatever and that is:  Play the game you have, not the game that may be in a year.

Whatever diplo system is enacted it is in the future, that does NOT give anyone power to dictate how others play the game now.  And truth be told diplo as most of the crying on this forum want seems to resemble the EVE online system where it will just be alliances vs alliances with a core of 'nations' that no one pays attention to except for RP reasons...difference is there is no 'core world' area for this map, would have to create 'wild lands' for the corporations (players named King, guilds, clans, insert label here) to own.  The irony of this is it would infact destroy any pretense of RP and colonial naval powers and historical accuracy the same people hold up as justification that one random player who chose 'King' as his name should beable to boss everyone around....THAT is what hypocrisy looks like, not saying that if there is to be a Tribunal anything it should probably be the people siding with the ENEMY of the Kingdom of Sweden.

Edited by VictusB

In reply I would simply say the same thing that needs said to everyone who says XYZ ship is OP and needs nerfed, or crafting is pointless needs buff or whatever and that is:  Play the game you have, not the game that may be in a year.

Whatever diplo system is enacted it is in the future, that does NOT give anyone power to dictate how others play the game now.  And truth be told diplo as most of the crying on this forum want seems to resemble the EVE online system where it will just be alliances vs alliances with a core of 'nations' that no one pays attention to except for RP reasons...difference is there is no 'core world' area for this map, would have to create 'wild lands' for the corporations (players named King, guilds, clans, insert label here) to own.  The irony of this is it would infact destroy any pretense of RP and colonial naval powers and historical accuracy the same people hold up as justification that one random player who chose 'King' as his name should beable to boss everyone around....THAT is what hypocrisy looks like.  Not saying that if there is to be a Tribunal anything it should probably be the people siding with the ENEMY of the Kingdom of Sweden.

Well the point is exactly that - we indeed ARE playing exactly the game as is - including using the forums for discussing gameplay and national news. Pretty much the same thing as you are doing.

For example - You discuss how the diplo system would work, as in "dictating whom to attack or not". There already is gameplay that regulates this: Attacking a player of your own nation makes you a pirate. If a diplo system is enacted with voting or a random dictator wins a lottery, I'm actually fine either way. But IF any other status than eternal war can be set between two realms - Peace/alliance for example - then same/similar gameplay mechanics could be applied for attacking that nations ships. Or perhaps trigger a civil war - another great suggestion someone came up with - as long as someone can actually win that and define the nations foreign policy for a period of time!

Having defined national relationships would essentially open up docking in allies ports, trading, moving goods etc. I think that will enable a lot more interesting gameplay.

If some guy were like you, thread like this one wouldn't even exist.

What matter would any french have in this, other then trolling? Yes, troll,, hmmm,, troll, u should be removed from this server

After reading all 19 pages more or less, i am gonna post my opinion on this subject here, too.

I am not part of any swedish clan and in the beginning opposed the peace deal made by the big swedish clans. But soon i understood that this peace is necessary for our nation to grow and prosper without being reduced to one port.

DRUNK says that the peace treaty with the danes prevents them from doing certain PVP actions against the danes. Yes, true. But you know what? Yo can do these PVP actions that you currently cant do against the danes (PBs, attacking player traders, etc) against the dutch. Danes, Dutch, who the fuck cares who you are attacking? PVP is PVP. So there is absolutely no legitimate reason for DRUNK being rogue, so i support the opinion of Hugo that they are just trolling.

Also, its not the "majority", its the MAJORITY. Forum, nation chat, everywhere i see more support for the peace deal than against it.

simple fix...  no more nation vs nation...    game becomes clan vs clan..   new players are 'handsoff' and automatically placed in pve only NPC corps until they decide to join a clan.

Clans allowed to establish their own ports and areas of influence , or just hang out at free towns.

Other clans able to come along and wipem out..

Horrible idea. I am a clanless player who does PVP and this would force me to join a clan, which i will never do.

Edited by AGermanGuy
  • Like 2

Just a brief add-on:

Nobody has forced the majority of Swedish players to join the biggest clans KF and HRE - they did so of their own accord as far as we know. If these people were unhappy with their leadership, they would change it or leave the clans. But they do not.

THIS FACT alone gives their leadership the authority to speak on behalf of the majority of Swedish players, not their personal hunger for power or any other (fictive) aspirations to become a tyrannt. A little fact that the clan members accused of being trolls like to sweep under the rug.

So, I support the argument made by the poster above about the difference between "majority" and MAJORITY.

But on a purely Dutch RP note - RNoN, keep up the excellent work you were paid to do by our thankful merchant nation :P

• Like 1

After reading all 19 pages more or less, i am gonna post my opinion on this subject here, too.

I am not part of any swedish clan and in the beginning opposed the peace deal made by the big swedish clans. But soon i understood that this peace is necessary for our nation to grow and prosper without being reduced to one port.

DRUNK says that the peace treaty with the danes prevents them from doing certain PVP actions against the danes. Yes, true. But you know what? Yo can do these PVP actions that you currently cant do against the danes (PBs, attacking player traders, etc) against the dutch. Danes, Dutch, who the fuck cares who you are attacking? PVP is PVP. So there is absolutely no legitimate reason for DRUNK being rogue, so i support the opinion of Hugo that they are just trolling.

Also, its not the "majority", its the MAJORITY. Forum, nation chat, everywhere i see more support for the peace deal than against it.

Horrible idea. I am a clanless player who does PVP and this would force me to join a clan, which i will never do.

No more talk, name Place and BR and we will be there. U farted inflateble ballooon, u has no value, mr  forum warrior.

accept this challange , or keep forever silence

No more talk, name Place and BR and we will be there. U farted inflateble ballooon, u has no value, mr  forum warrior.

accept this challange , or keep forever silence

It goes out for anyone in this from.  take it or leave it

Just a brief add-on:

Nobody has forced the majority of Swedish players to join the biggest clans KF and HRE - they did so of their own accord as far as we know. If these people were unhappy with their leadership, they would change it or leave the clans. But they do not.

THIS FACT alone gives their leadership the authority to speak on behalf of the majority of Swedish players, not their personal hunger for power or any other (fictive) aspirations to become a tyrannt. A little fact that the clan members accused of being trolls like to sweep under the rug.

So, I support the argument made by the poster above about the difference between "majority" and MAJORITY.

But on a purely Dutch RP note - RNoN, keep up the excellent work you were paid to do by our thankful merchant nation :P

The Swedish king wants u, please agree in Br and Place for the duel.

• Like 1

Just a brief add-on:

You sir have a very big mouth that need to be silenced, please  mention br and Place or: forever fade away as coward in all topics/comment from now on

Just a brief add-on:

Just because it's the majority doesn't mean the majority is right, it's much easier however to call us trolls then to admit the way we've been treated is wrong. Making an unfounded tribunal is honestly the most pathetic thing I've seen in ages, everytime we start a battle or buy a flag KF tells independent swedes to not join our offensive, and if they don't agree they're also insulted and grouped in with us "Rogues". I saw KF earlier in global telling the Danes DRUNK is attacking, is this how we play as a team? Or how about Tretton who placed bounties on the heads of DRUNK members? This was simply because he deemed them "trolls" this was less than 3 days after our rebellion, when I was still willing to compromise, instead of offering solutions they offered slander. And I'm sorry but clearly you play for the Dutch, so how could you possibly know more about what goes on in Sweden then myself? I actually experienced "Black friday" and the days after, I even lead a fleet against the Danes, outgunned and outnumbered we still stood behind our guns and fought as a nation, a morale boost was achieved. 1 day later they made the treaty and killed everyone's morale. Don't doubt me when I tell you DRUNK fights for Sweden, and we will eventually raise a fleet and take this war to Danish shores. Until then we'll take what Victories we can, with or without the majorities approval..As I've said before KF is free to express their concerns in person on TS

Just a brief add-on:

Please read your post, as you make the very points that are critical to this topic.  No one forced anyone to join those clans, and the authority of those clan leaders END AT THE CLAN TAG. 

Realistically speaking it doesn't matter if 999 of 1k Swedish players are all in the same group and wear the same clothes and have the same haircut, they do NOT currently have (and hopefully NEVER have) the power to tell the other 1 how to conduct the WAR that Sweden is involved in with ALL other nations.

Will this always be the case?  who knows, no one here knows for sure as a Diplo system is a long way off at best in dev priority for good reason.  This forum has interested me in that its disconcerting how many people are willing to throw away the whole naval empire system in favor of a clan tag, land owning, space renting, time zone controlling clan driven system.  Anyone who has ever played nullsec trash in Eve online knows exactly where that ultimately leads...bad enough with internet spaceships, hate to see it in a 'historical' naval ship combat system.

• Like 1

This whole topic has become a farce.

But keep on going, it might become a reason to ban Nordtman from the forum.

In the end, there is nothing more to argue here, both sides wont step down even a notch from their position. So if the mods could finally put an end to this i'd be grateful before even more harm for the community is done.

[KF] (and shorttime DRUNK-Member) Kalethen

• Like 2