Game-Labs Forum

Boarding fitted privateers/officers

admin

Captains should be advised that there are several highly skilled privateers sailing in the open seas.

uZfGJ1J.jpg

Privateers usually operate solo in a fast ship equipped only with chasers or sometimes no guns at all for better speed. They hire up to 50% of their crew as marines and also upgrade their ships with other boarding improvements. It is hard to execute boarding with 50% of your crew not participating in sailing and gunnery, but if that said privateer boards you it will usually lead to devastating results. Your crew won't be able to defend properly. Counter-attacking them is also risky even if you have a higher crew because of the barricaded decks. There are cases when such captains are able to win when outnumbered 3v1 and stay alive capturing all enemy vessels.

Captains not willing to engage in boarding combat should take extreme care and stay downwind denying the opportunity to board at all costs, keeping their speed above 4knots. 

We are also investigating the reports.

• Like 12

its not an event- its already happening

players got good use of the new marines mechanics.

if you hear a boarding whistle better be safe.

That I know, although I miss some exceptional ones.

But would be nice to have some rare and nasty nice aggressive AI roaming and provoking chaos. ( specially now that reinforcements are disabled ).

• Like 1

Well, I am infamous in DAS with my Traders Snow for hunting down traders and some people make jokes out of it, the Bastards. And i know if people try to board me i have an unpleasant surprise for them. Unfortunially i can't attack because of the same Nation.

• Like 1

Pietjetradernoob.

Well there is supposed to be a voting to change my name to 'Pietje the Privateer' because of my 'Funny' traders snow.

PS I am willing to give people a little course 'how to catch a trader with a trader'

Edited by pietjenoob

Just out of curiosity, why using a trader ship to capture a trader ship?

You have all the space needed to take the full cargo with you and continue to the next target, no need of sailing the captured trader ship to keep all the cargo, done it quite few times using a trader snow against all kind of traders.

Edited by Kanay

Hold cargo. You will don't need go to port with each prize you take. More time saved.

The counter is that you will sail slower and catching other traders is more time needed, but you can counter this with a better tagging.

I don't try this yet.

P.S. Sniped by Kanay.

Hold cargo. You will don't need go to port with each prize you take. More time saved.

The counter is that you will sail slower and catching other traders is more time needed, but you can counter this with a better tagging.

I don't try this yet.

P.S. Sniped by Kanay.

Also a little bennefiet is that after you have done your capture you need to port and put everything first in warehous and then in Trader now it is even more time saving. Every ship i capture is around 7.5min or faster for the brig and snow. Cutter i think in 5 min and lynx really depends on coorporation of the crew ;) and with a renn or snow it will take more time because of sailing back and forth and i can do 15 trader catches before going to any port in best situation. Minimal damage

• Like 1

Its very interesting how many real players do not prepare for boarding when an enemy ship is right next to them.

Few days ago I witnessed 2 guys got killed by a 3rd rate NPC because they sailed slow and did not have boarding prep. NPC boarded and killed them in 2 minutes minutes. One of them was Surprise from 'Stars' I believe.

I myself almost got killed in pvp in my trinco when new mechanics came out. Learned the lesson.