Game-Labs Forum

Shipyards Increase Crafting Hours Regen

I think the upgraded shipyards should give a discount for using it.  Much like the upgraded production buildings.  This is similar to OP's suggestion, but is more specific to ship production.  5% for rank 2, 10% total for rank 3.

I actually think a shipyard should take up all 5 slots. You can produce resources or you can run a shipyard. Not both.

Yeah, because that's totally how shipbuilding worked IRL.

So the people working at a shipyard can carve and shape timbers with axes, but they can't use those axes to cut the trees down in the first place?

Do your employees adhere to some sort of Hindu caste system?

• Like 2

there should be at least some benefit beside just able to make ships at a place you have a shipyard... maybe like a reduce cost of repairs by 20% or you can put you shipyard up for public use and they can then repair for a reduced cost but you also get some of the cost for them using it.

75% percent of people prove that the polls like this are worthless. 

How so?

They vote for shipyards increasing LH regen, so that they can craft more.

If it was implemented - because the system is already balanced for full-throttle crafting - in result LH regen would be slowed for setup under 5 shipyards.

In effect, they would be able to craft even less.

SIGH.

the shipyard with incr. LH gain? maybe...

but it's a double edged sword for anyone only contributing to ship building by only making materials and having no shipyard but 5 mines instead.

i would prefer it when your labor hour income would increase with you crafting rank...like you start with 40 / hour and get +1 for every crafting level (and adjusted max pool).

this way you could progress a little better AND especially if you also have 4 mines in addition to the shipyard...you need more labor anyway...

because if you have like (all level 3) an Iron Ore Mine (max 900), a Hemp Plantage (i think also max 900), a live oak forest (150 max) and maybe a gold mine (120 max) you will need around 50% of the maximum every 3 days to collect them which will be around 1k labor hours + the amount of money (which i don't care about because i see it as payment for the invisible NPC workers)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really mind this, but crafting hour regen should only be stacking multiplicative in order to make diminishing returns a serious problem.

Galileus may have a point though. There is no reason why a crafter wouldn't vote for any option that gave him the ability to have more hours, and already I think ships aren't being sunk fast enough to keep up with the rate of production.

I love crafting ships, I want to be THE shipbuilder, but I am against LH regen increase. I was a proponent for having more labor hours to build things and that when i don't have labor hours, I don't have much to do, but someone on these forums suggested that instead of thinking the only way of gathering materials is through crafting try capturing ships and then breaking them up for materials. I realized that I was not thinking outside the box! So if I need materials, but don't have labor hours, I have other options of getting what I need.

I WOULD however want to see a shipyard building give a different bonus (or rather to have one). Whether it's to lower repair costs, or a decrease in Labor hours used on materials (like the other buildings 5/10%).

I love crafting ships, I want to be THE shipbuilder, but I am against LH regen increase. I was a proponent for having more labor hours to build things and that when i don't have labor hours, I don't have much to do, but someone on these forums suggested that instead of thinking the only way of gathering materials is through crafting try capturing ships and then breaking them up for materials. I realized that I was not thinking outside the box! So if I need materials, but don't have labor hours, I have other options of getting what I need.

I WOULD however want to see a shipyard building give a different bonus (or rather to have one). Whether it's to lower repair costs, or a decrease in Labor hours used on materials (like the other buildings 5/10%).

+1

Crafting hours are the only device that keeps the economy in check, and maintains scarcity. Since players can theoretically harvest an almost infinite amount of raw materials from buildings, being able to build your own labor hours would in effect create a snowball effect leading to saturation.

More shipyards -> More hours -> more crafting -> more money -> even more shipyards -> even more hours -> even more crafting -> even more money -> and ever more shipyards off to infinity.

That would be correct if there was not a limit to how many buildings you can have and how fast the production buildings fill up...
So since that is the case your wrong.

Discount on the horus sued for ship building would be a good diea.
Bigger docksize would be a good idea. (maybe that should simply be a "dock building" that give x slots pr level)