Game-Labs Forum

Ships in development

admin

They started making them in the 1780's i believe and quickly became popular, though not so much in America. The Expirement encountered a french ship named la Diane- three masted 16 guns and a crew of 60. I will continue my research. Where should i post/send any pictures and ship plans and information i find?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me first brag on behalf of my country... U.S.S. Constitution is the greatest wooden war ship ever built. Humphreys was a naval genius unequaled in the history of ship design. Diagnal Riders, need I say more.

That said, these models look fantastic.

The french built some great ships.

Satiismo Trinidad was a very aweome first rate. Always wanted to see that one.

The british 74 was the ship of ships in the Napolonic era. I.E. Richard Bolitho's old Hyperion.

Even though a 28, All of us nautical fiction fans want to see H.M.S. Surprise.

I really like the Brig. I really want to sail the brig.

Is the Schooner a top sail schooner. Nothing better for piracy.

Are the guns on the main deck of the Trincomolee frigate smashers?

Oh Victory would be lovely as well.

Sorry about the rambling. Really want this game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To the developers.  I am aware of how much you guys have on your plate at the moment, but I would like to make a suggestion.  The replica 6th rate French Frigate Hermione that has been in the works for more than a decade is now doing sea trials in the Bay of Biscay.  I think it would be great for the publicity of the ship and the game if she were added to your lineup of ships.  Maybe you could do cross advertising with them.

10614157_690661191022977_505198651292059

• Like 2

To the developers.  I am aware of how much you guys have on your plate at the moment, but I would like to make a suggestion.  The replica 6th rate French Frigate Hermione that has been in the works for more than a decade is now doing sea trials in the Bay of Biscay.  I think it would be great for the publicity of the ship and the game if she were added to your lineup of ships.  Maybe you could do cross advertising with them.

10614157_690661191022977_505198651292059

Great idea! Where is the best place to read news of the Hermione and her adventures etc??

Any plans to use her in movies?

I unfortunately have not sailed on the Sedov.  I spent this season sailing as bosun on a Brigantine on the St. Lawrence river in Ontario, and most of last year sailing on the replica brigs, Lady Washington and Niagara.  Before that I started on the Canadian topsail schooner Pacific Swift in Victoria.

No plans yet for Hermione, they are focusing on getting the ship ready for the maiden voyage.  The best place with the most up to date info and photo's has been either the facebook page of JB Riggers, the company that rigged her, or JB riggers website.

http://jbriggers.se/

My personal favourite era is the era in which the Hermione was designed, 19th century, the pinnacle of the wooden sailing man of war. 

Next wednesday I fly to Seattle to be bosun on Lady Washington until January, looking forward to some down time in Victoria following that with which I will start my very ambitious project of writing a program for a historical education based sail training program for a historically accurate replica Royal Navy Brig I would like to build and operate out of Vancouver island.  I just now ordered a full batch of ship plans from the maritime museum at Greenwich, for HMS Sealark, Brig of war, of 319 tons.  She was built in the late 1830's and saw service off the African coast chasing down and capturing illegal slave traders, after which she was used as a Royal Navy sail training vessel into the early 1900s, she also acted as tender to HMS Impregnable, a ship of the line relegated to training duty.  She has just the right set up I am looking for.  I would like to build the first Replica ship from this era in Canada to promote high level square rig seamanship and rigging, and to keep alive the traditions of this era, the goal is to use 100 percent period correct Hemp standing rigging and manilla running.  She would be the only vessel in her class in Canada.

Ryan

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...