Lynx Privateer Schooner - Приватерская шхуна Линкс

Y1xZhkn.jpg

64 gun Ingermanland - Петровский флагман Ингерманланд

40Yg27i.jpg

Ontario

x0IBST1.jpg

Trincomalee Frigate - Фрегат Тринкомали

pdP4MTI.jpg

2 more ships are in development that don't have render or are not ready to be shown yet.

• Royal Armed Yacht - premium ship for pre-orders
  • Santissima Trinidad
  • Like 8

ah the good old vally from PotBS <3

oh you guys allready are working on the Trinidad?

wich sterna re you going to giv her?most modells show her with an Boxlike sterngallery copied from Victory because of lack of stern referrence.

Edited by Mirones

oh you guys allready are working on the Trinidad?

wich sterna re you going to giv her?most modells show her with an Boxlike sterngallery copied from Victory because of lack of stern referrence.

we will use Museo Naval Madrid model for stern

• Like 2

Lovely models, good to have more variety than just British ships (and one American) :)

You have to stop putting jackstaffs on them though, would never be fitted at sea because ofc they will catch the boom as it goes across the deck  :P

I have a question though, is there room for my model of Shannon alongside your model of Trincomalee? There are visual changes between the sisterships because they were built 10 years apart, the bow and the stern gallery are of different designs, Trincomalee has one extra quarterdeck gunport and other less noticeable things. Shannon is probably the more complete of the two at the moment, needing only a little work on the rudder, some small parts of the rigging like chains, one or two deck details and texture mapping.

post-20-0-68349800-1405009532_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-06448200-1405009536_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-50912300-1405009573_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The more the merrier, I hope.

I'm glad someone clarified the issue with the jackstaff (ensign flagpole). I wasn't sure whether they stowed them at sea or just re-set them for every new tack. You never know when it comes to men o' war and labor-intensive fiddling with the rig.

It's interesting to see the tris count on some of these. Will that be optimized at all, or is that generally what the game can handle?

You can see, tri count on these SS, there are from 3d max, left up corner of picture is statistic 30k - 60k. I think this is resonable amout of tri per today computers. Nice work guys.

You can see, tri count on these SS, there are from 3d max, left up corner of picture is statistic 30k - 60k. 

Yeah... I know. That's what I was talking about. 

However these ships don't yet have sails or crew on them, so the final count will be higher. 

• Like 1

id say take the modell of even if its similar to another one i dont want to see 10 diffrent ships using same modell like the defiant in potbs

we plan to have unique ships stat wise. I mean literally - your ship will be different from my ship even if it is the same class and same model and same sails. In addition to that some vessels will have hidden bonuses that you will only uncover by sailing in certain conditions. or you might never uncover them - sell the ship and never find out it was a gem.

• Like 3

true but still haveing diffrent ship modells of the same class could lead to a nice varity like the actual stern of the Trinidad and the Prototype one wich is far more rounded and easyier to modell and would give unic character to the ships themself and would enable us to have some sort of varity together with Shipfigurheads and dekoration.

i kinda like the left one over the right since it looks diffrent from all the other Firsty's wich sem to have kinda Box shape sterngallery, maybe an public poll to choose wich version of the both get ingame first? and i think the round one would have less work for you guys than the right one where actually an Modell with almost completed sterngallery exist.

Popa.jpg0546(14-07).jpg?itok=syb5H7qH

argh never mind

Navío del  siglo XVIII San Carlos, prototipo de 140 cañones que nunca se llego a construir, posiblemente basado en el Santísima Trinidad.

18century Ship, prototype of an 140gun never construced possiblely based on the Trinidad.  :(

Edited by Mirones

we plan to have unique ships stat wise. I mean literally - your ship will be different from my ship even if it is the same class and same model and same sails. In addition to that some vessels will have hidden bonuses that you will only uncover by sailing in certain conditions. or you might never uncover them - sell the ship and never find out it was a gem.

Fantastic!

This is just brilliant: you guys have a lot of great ideas. I hope ships will also be known by their name, not just their owner's name, so that even when it changes owner it can still be feared for its qualities.

(Edit: still haven't figures out how to properly quote on this forum, but I meant this post in reply to the unique stats post of admin.)