Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

High along with Gold is for Rates I think. Make few low/mid level ships (frigates) and you will be fine. 

Yea that's my problem man, I have 20 notes, another 36 that Im supposed to get in the next few days. now I have over 50 notes and Absolutely no use for them. its ridiculous.

You don't have to build mines or plantations - just buy from the markets like before.

yea except that the markets will be completely player controlled at some point. and considering that is  much more expensive to produce with buildings + hours are needed. prices will rise by alot. no doubt about it

Sell them, somebdoy will need them

Im a pirate is PvP2. nobody here crafts anything higher than trincs. those notes are essentially toiler paper for me.

yea except that the markets will be completely player controlled at some point. and considering that is  much more expensive to produce with buildings + hours are needed. prices will rise by alot. no doubt about it

Im a pirate is PvP2. nobody here crafts anything higher than trincs. those notes are essentially toiler paper for me.

Go back and read my replies to you over the last 2 pages. I addressed all your issues.

I really do like most of the stuff, even though i just had to pay 1,16mio to be able to craft my rated ships again.

The only really annyoing thing is: High End Crafting notes require Craft Level 35.
Most of the People who helped me with their crafting hours are nowhere that high in crafting. It will be a real pain now to get those crafting notes done. I expect the prices for the bigh ships to explode in the next days.

Oh btw, just crafted a Bellona and got Victory and Santisima Blueprint. Am I just lucky, or is the chance to get them when building an exceptional ship that high now?

Edited by Sharden

so for x1 compass wood, it costs you 528 gold + 1 labour hour. sells for 600. so Level 3 building costs 10.000 + 50.000+150.000 + 10.000 for outpost. it grants 20 per day. 

total cost 220.000 gold. 

profit of 72 gold per compass wood.

3055 compass wood to break even.  20 per day.

152 Real days to break even?

is this a *********** joke?

So for 1x Iron Ore, it costs you 78g + 0.5 LH. It sells for up to 211.

Profit of 133 per Iron Ore.

1654 Iron Ore to break Even. 300 per Day.

5.5 real days to break even.

This is not a f* joke. Just know the economy, man! Compass Wood is nothing to make profit with (except for selling NPC trader loot).

• Like 1

I'm telling you that I tried, I have 20 High grade Notes and I tried making a Trincomalee and it would not let me. It requires mid. so High is useless for anything under constitution.

NOW you are telling me that you tried. Before you did not tell.

Go back and read my replies to you over the last 2 pages. I addressed all your issues.

Where did you get the information about not needing hours? because when I logged in i immediately bought a building and it produced 1 silver, it did not go to my warehouse. it stayed in there and the only way is to get them is by using hours. so unless you know something that i don't. it does require hours.

One thing to keep in mind is that in a fore and aft rigged ship you should always be able to tack without hitting 0 knots.

Certainly true, but if your attention lapses (or you're in a multi-ship melee and its either turn w/o sufficient speed or collide) the penalties for getting hung there will be very severe.  I'm not necessarily complaining (although compared to RL sailing the time stuck in irons seems quite long) but it came as quite a surprise.

Where did you get the information about not needing hours? because when I logged in i immediately bought a building and it produced 1 silver, it did not go to my warehouse. it stayed in there and the only way is to get them is by using hours. so unless you know something that i don't. it does require hours.

They produce hourly, like ports.

Need rudder increments if turns are going to be slower on a curve as need to have the option to turn shallower.

Not a fan of marines somehow replacing crew. Have a look at the soldiers that were extra at trafalgar. Unless it is insane (huge numbers of marines taking up sailor space) marine compliments should not remove sailors

Like the rudder idea, not sure about marines. I think there still should be some trade-off. That's a lot of people to feed. (even though food stores isn't implemented in the game)

you cannot use High grade notes for anything under Constitution. they are useless to anybody below that.

Hold on to them for future? Sell them for gold? Trade them for lower level notes (1 high end note for multiple lower end notes)?

• Like 1

Wow

Low grade notes 0

Mid grade notes 15

High grade notes 35 ? why not 25?

Also how does the Shipyards work?

Like I know you need "x" level for this  "x" ship But other then that is there a bonus for having more then 1 shipyard?

You can't actually make the ships that need High Grade notes until you get to level 35 in crafting.

Hold on to them for future? Sell them for gold? Trade them for lower level notes (1 high end note for multiple lower end notes)?

yea holding what used to be 1.25 Million worth of notes for the future doesn't really help me much right now. and I cannot sell or trade them to anybody in my faction.

You can't actually make the ships that need High Grade notes until you get to level 35 in crafting.

Crafters don't make their own notes. that would be a waste of hours. this just makes it practically impossible to buy notes from players that don't really craft.

Do you need to use repair or survival to stop fires now?

what is the difference between the two?

Repairs now need men assigned to do them, so if you use a hull repair, the repair tab will be, say, 0/54, which you can fill 54/54.

Survival is the same as it was, firefighting, fixing leaks, pumping.

Games should not be grindfests..  A reasonable amount is fine.  But if it turns into a daily chore, it will lose some of its appeal.  Hope we are not headed that way.  It was a  mistake that was made in a space game i once spent much time in...  That being said.. thanks for the patch... good work....