Game-Labs Forum

Denmark vs Sweden

Charles Caldwell

Sweden is totally destroyed, because they fight with Dutch for you. Even when they lose all, you still push them to fight for profit of your nation. Always Great Britain push others to fight with the others to have a weak and conflicted neighbors.

Now Denmark is trying help Sweden to let this game exist and don't be totally broken and you still pushing Sweden to fight and force swedish player to leave this game because they don't have space to play!

Sorry for my bad english but, i guess it is better than google translate. Try understand, that not everyone have english in school, i had russian...
Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed discussion of Moderation and moderated content.
  • Like 3

Now Denmark is trying help Sweden to let this game exist and don't be totally broken 

It looks for me more like players doesn't support idea of Very hard difficulty level of some Nation. Seriously. Maybe we should make a poll about it after this events.

p.s. i think pirates should have that level

[...]

We suggested that we keep these ports to lend aid to the Swedes if attacked by the Danes, they told us... and I quote "Its a good idea but we have elements within the Swedish Clans that want those ports regardless of any Alliance"

We then both agreed, that for the betterment of relations that we transfer the ownership of those ports to our trusted Allies the Swedes. Having two ports to defend against the Swedish was deemed a price to high to pay for a broken alliance.

....perhaps if we still owned them we could have prevented this slaughter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. ;)

Aha, so to lend a hand you need your own ports in that region,from a nation tha already has to struggle to find a handfull of ports they can try to control. There are so many ways you can aid them (free towns anyone?), even by not being in the vicinity. But from the start it felt like the british and especially SLRN didnt care about their allies and were only interested in their own benefit. Unlike the mutual and healthy alliance between france and sweden. An alliance will never work only one way, otherwise it becomes vasall and overlord.

The behaviour of the British "allies" was one of many reasons why a lot of players left sweden some weeks ago.

I'd actually really like to see an alliance of the east against british dominance. Well, will be an interesting development for sure in that area

Edited by Sharden
  • Like 3

I'd actually really like to see an alliance of the east against british dominance. Well, will be an interesting development for sure in that area

Long time ago i suggest to make alliances rolling despite of players will. Its best option. Game shouldn't be always all vs strongest. Yes it can be one, two or more times, but it can't stay forever in this format, just because when you defeat the king of mountain, you will have no more enemy except of one from your own alliance.

• Like 2

Again I am brought to pen by people not respecting the treaty, unfortunately on both sides Quinloe.

But I assure you, if you see anyone affiliated with VIE doing so, please inform me and they will be brought to justice and the punishment will be severe! If you see anyone else affiliated with any other clan as well you also may contact me and I will pass the message and evidence to the correct court.

Regarding the agreement, I want honour those that really should be honoured. The Swedish delegates proved valiant faced the choice given all of Guadeloupe. We the delegates for our King, offered them this for their loyalty, and they refused instead bringing peace also to the French nation. I must say dear Sirs, you have proven yourselves much more honourable and loyal to one another than Charles Caldwell could ever dream off. By simple negotiations, and loyalty you brought peace and hopefully over time stability to the entire East!

Long live the Swedish nation and together may we prosper and live in harmony!

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 3

Maybe our frigates can meet again? We've unfinished business from Rousseau.

I sincerely hope our business from now on can be executed on the promenadedeck instead of the gundeck my good sir ;)

I believe we have many stories to tell, and many new ones ahead.

But maybe, one day we may stay together, side by side against a greater evil, for the common good.

Edited by Herminator

lol love this, its almost comical... yeah long live but on our terms!!!!

Perhaps if you had this sentiment at the beginning there would be no need to return ports back to Sweden. ;)

Yes poor poor Sweden, Im sure they had no intentions of doing the same to us when they allied with 2 of the strongest nations in the game, and all jumped us.

• Like 2

Yes poor poor Sweden, Im sure they had no intentions of doing the same to us when they allied with 2 of the strongest nations in the game, and all jumped us.

And yet we only captured 4 ports that bday and not 12. And no, it wasnt the 2 strongest nations at the game at that time. It was france and britain, britain being the strongest, yes, but france is most certainly not one of the strongest factions of the game. And the fight was still fair, because at that time you already had massive 3rd rates, while we at that time had sooooo few 3rd rates.

And yet we only captured 4 ports that bday and not 12. And no, it wasnt the 2 strongest nations at the game at that time. It was france and britain, britain being the strongest, yes, but france is most certainly not one of the strongest factions of the game. And the fight was still fair, because at that time you already had massive 3rd rates, while we at that time had sooooo few 3rd rates.

That you lost is another matter. You allience with the british goes back very early in EA. Im pretty sure your hopes and dreams was to gank us when you signed that deal, nobody is going to make me belive otherwise.

I sincerely hope our business from now on can be executed on the promenadedeck instead of the gundeck my good sir ;)

I believe we have many stories to tell, and many new ones ahead.

But maybe, one day we may stay together, side by side against a greater evil, for the common good.

Yes I bet because your fragile peace gets more fragile daily I hear... its seems some still refuse to bow to the Danish Overlord.

As for the Greater Evil, yes try to continue to beguile those you rule... for the greater evil never brought any of these nations to their knees, or got them to sign with a knife at their throats. Greater Evil indeed, more like... your greatest threat! ;)

• Like 1

lol love this, its almost comical... yeah long live but on our terms!!!!

Perhaps if you had this sentiment at the beginning there would be no need to return ports back to Sweden. ;)

Yep, the roman empire (danes) brought law and order to the germanic (swedish) tribes.  :lol:  Pax danmark.

So please come in our dark, cold, rainy and foggy waters.  :ph34r:

Edited by KanoFu
  • Like 1

As for the Greater Evil, yes try to continue to beguile those you rule... for the greater evil never brought any of these nations to their knees, or got them to sign with a knife at their throats. Greater Evil indeed, more like... your greatest threat! ;)

Wait... the Greater Evil!? Are you telling me Dane-Norway is gathering fleets to fight The Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of this World, Father of Lies, Batrayer of Gods, Lord of Darkness, Satan?!?

Holy crap, this is so cool! Sign me up!

The only question that remains is... why does Great Britain try to discourage the fight against The Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of this World, Father of Lies, Batrayer of Gods, Lord of Darkness, Satan? Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

HUH!?
  • Like 1

Yes I bet because your fragile peace gets more fragile daily I hear... its seems some still refuse to bow to the Danish Overlord.

Yes, but the greater evil first started the conflict, with unachievable dreams of glory, unfulfilled promises of support and unanswered calls for reinforcement. The greater evil even abandoned those captains and crews of the British Leeward Islands Station, who were dedicated to the defense of Britain's allies. The greater evil who similarly betrayed its Spanish allies in the west, and even now tries to incite a new war in the East for its profit and security at the expense of Sweden and France.

Sometimes one must deal with the lesser of two evils to destroy the greater evil.

• Like 1

Yes, but the greater evil first started the conflict, with unachievable dreams of glory, unfulfilled promises of support and unanswered calls for reinforcement. The greater evil even abandoned those captains and crews of the British Leeward Islands Station, who were dedicated to the defense of Britain's allies. The greater evil who similarly betrayed its Spanish allies in the west, and even now tries to incite a new war in the East for its profit and security at the expense of Sweden and France.

Sometimes one must deal with the lesser of two evils to destroy the greater evil.

lol you're funny. ;)

• Like 1

History shows that resistance fighters who continue the fight against seemingly impossible odds against an oppressor who invaded their lands are hailed as heroes

citizens who meekly accept their fate are hailed as .... hrmmm ... SHEEP!

Luckily, this is a game and you don't fight for your life or security or well being. Luckily in this game is only 1 thing worth fighting for - fun.

• Like 4

They only had to agree to terms because of your own selfish reasons.

You considered attacking Les Gonaives more important for your own realm, than helping your allies in need.

What a great ally you proved to be. Honest and dedicated in helping them.

And now, when we have setteled it as gentlemen, you ask them to brake their words and behave as untrustworthy as yourself?

A man that brings out the worst in others he is not a man, he is surely a servant of a greater evil, greater than anything else and whos name shall not be spoken, so help me God!

• Like 3

They only had to agree to terms because of your own selfish reasons.

You considered attacking Les Gonaives more important for your own realm, than helping your allies in need.

What a great ally you proved to be. Honest and dedicated in helping them.

And now, when we have setteled it as gentlemen, you ask them to brake their words and behave as untrustworthy as yourself?

A man that brings out the worst in others he is not a man, he is surely a servant of a greater evil, greater than anything else and whos name shall not be spoken, so help me God!

Perhaps if you say it enough times people will believe it right....... ;) 

• Like 1

Again I am brought to pen by people not respecting the treaty, unfortunately on both sides Quinloe.

But I assure you, if you see anyone affiliated with VIE doing so, please inform me and they will be brought to justice and the punishment will be severe! If you see anyone else affiliated with any other clan as well you also may contact me and I will pass the message and evidence to the correct court.

Regarding the agreement, I want honour those that really should be honoured. The Swedish delegates proved valiant faced the choice given all of Guadeloupe. We the delegates for our King, offered them this for their loyalty, and they refused instead bringing peace also to the French nation. I must say dear Sirs, you have proven yourselves much more honourable and loyal to one another than Charles Caldwell could ever dream off. By simple negotiations, and loyalty you brought peace and hopefully over time stability to the entire East!

Long live the Swedish nation and together may we prosper and live in harmony!

It doesn't really matter if RUS and VIE stop doing it. Denmark is so much stronger than Sweden at this point that just the minor clans and solo players will be enough to prevent Sweden from recovering.

If you can't get the whole nation in line, the treaty is moot. I see a Swedish captain with a mere 100k left in his pocket lose his last Surprise Dura last night, downgrading to the free Renommee because he can't afford a better ship. If he hadn't been a pre-EA player, he'd have sailed a Mercury when he could crew a Frigate. Alf Pedersen and Clan RAKER finished his ship off, and another Swedish Surprise as well.

I'm pretty sure the damage the few Swedes can inflict on Russia are minor, most of those who don't want to play the diplomacy game already ran to the pirate nation.That's why "they do it, we do it" may be correct, but it's hardly the same thing.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter if RUS and VIE stop doing it. Denmark is so much stronger than Sweden at this point that just the minor clans and solo players will be enough to prevent Sweden from recovering.

If you can't get the whole nation in line, the treaty is moot. I see a Swedish captain with a mere 100k left in his pocket lose his last Surprise Dura last night, downgrading to the free Renommee because he can't afford a better ship. If he hadn't been a pre-EA player, he'd have sailed a Mercury when he could crew a Frigate. Alf Pedersen and Clan RAKER finished his ship off, and another Swedish Surprise as well.

I'm pretty sure the damage the few Swedes can inflict on Russia are minor, most of those who don't want to play the diplomacy game already ran to the pirate nation.That's why "they do it, we do it" may be correct, but it's hardly the same thing.

Oooh, I think I remember that fight- Last night around.. 22:00 or so, correct? Three swedes against myself and Danishviking; that was a glorious fight, felt it as quite a shame however that the three swedes kept trying to retreat- At least it looked like that from my deck.-.. Also, I must admit that I am somewhat baffled at being mentioned here, but.. There's a first time for everything I suppose!

Hardly fair however to claim it as clan Raker, when it was but me and one fella from it.

Edited by kirefla91

why is great britain so eager to drive Sweden into a war? we cant get out of it. and you failed us

Unfortunately our fleets were not in a position to respond to the attacks due to the pirate incursions in saint Nicholas and Baracoa. It would have taken us too many hours to respond to support you and unfortunately it was too late.

In the long run once we get our borders solidified and saint Nicholas stable hopefully we can send a British fleet to a nearby free port near your capital and help as an expeditionary force. However as it stands it will take a lot of time to prepare for that campaign. However, I assure you that as long as no other campaigns open up in panama or the US we may see a greater British intervention against the Danes.

Right now, see yourself as Vichy France, the unwilling but for now allied partners to Denmark, or the confederation of the rhine against napoleon. However, in time we will be able to liberate you, but for now keep in cordial but unhelpful terms with the Danes. When the time comes, switch to our side to fight against them in a naval Leipzig!

current situation before a full assistance can be provided (in my opinion)]

-Pirates are halted in saint Nicholas and the assaults subside (potential peace deal?)

-Dutch keep up our alliance in panama and don't open another front (maybe they can also help liberate the swedes? :) )

-The US don't open up another front to the west

-The Spanish reach a peace deal or at least hold off high level offensives

If most (not all) of these conditions are met we should have no problem sending an expeditionary fleet to help you. But we really need the pirates to come to terms and that will free a TON of ships to help.

I also see a lot of heat against our expansion. I understand you all wish to spread out and open the market up, and therefore it may be wise for the clans to sit down and talk about allowing the swedes and French to cap ports an hour away and "leapfrog" to the other side of the map. We retake the old ports and you can use the new set of ports on the other side of the Caribbean. That way maybe you will feel less hemmed in, and maybe allow you to migrate to safer waters

Edited by donalddawkins
  • Like 2