Game-Labs Forum

Denmark vs Sweden

Charles Caldwell

denmark-vs-sweden-hires.jpg

A real rivalry in Sport, National Pride and now in Naval Action

Do the Swedes give in so easily to any of the above?

Then Fight Sweden, Fight!

why is great britain so eager to drive Sweden into a war? we cant get out of it. and you failed us

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removal of moderated content.
  • Like 9

A real rivalry in Sport, National Pride and now in Naval Action

Do the Swedes give in so easily to any of the above?

Then Fight Sweden, Fight!

Not only is "Do the Swedes give in so easily" quite a big insult to your allies.  You seem to be missing the fact that they lost ALL their ports except their capital. I'm slightly dumbfounded at this thread.  I hope this was a brief lack of judgement Charles.

There was last night a council meeting between the leaders of the Danish, Dutch, French and Swedish nation, to which we came to an agreement that no more hostilties should exist between our nations, except those of controlled, friendly PvP.  The reason for doing so was in the interests of sustaining healthy communities in all involved nations, especially Sweden.

Militarily speaking, Sweden was economically obliterated, and their hopes of fielding, crafting or maintaining large SOLs were only dreams.  In that light, I do not really understand this post.

Though I'm glad you have recieved opposition from the Swedes and French on this matter, if the opposite was true, you'd spark up yet another war, in which one of the main priorities for the Dutch/Danes would be to keep Sweden as a 1 port Nation. Why fight 3v2 when you can fight 2v2?

This thread is encouraging what we spent a good 2+ hours yesterday trying to fix.  You, on the behalf of the SLRN, are insulting your allies Charles, and have no care for their interests & Community. In that light this thread is probably better deleted.

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 12

Finally there is peace in Scandinavia. But unfortunately, the British, led by the SLRN continues to provoke the Swedes to fight.

They have capitulated, and agreements have been made and treaty's have been made.

But this provocation just proves how the British mindset is, in their mind obviously a treaty is made to be broken.
It has not yet become fully active and still they try to encourage a 1port nation to war? For what other then their own puny interest.

It is most certainly not in the best interest of Sweden as their current situation obviously proves.
British started out with Island Harbour and St. Johns. You left your allies for the taking. That is how much an alliance with the SLRN is worth.

• Like 2

But this provocation just proves how the British mindset is, in their mind obviously a treaty is made to be broken.

It's quite obvious of course. The Brits line of thought is:

So... if the Dutch are no long held back by the French, the French neither by the Dutch nor the Danish and the Swedes are not being held back by the Danes... then who's going to stop them from deciding that there's a few to many Don's in town? Better make this treaty break, before it breaks us!  :o

It's an existential fear.  

• Like 5

friends, the best solution seems to be an alliance of the east, french, dutch, danes and even swedens (because they collapse otherwise) under one banner. 4 nations of the east to rule the british forces and take the west by storm. I dont like this alliance but it s the only way we all can avoid a two front war and the best way for sweden to survive...

my 10 cents of propaganda... :D

Brits are just a Zerg trying to hold stuff that does not belong to them!

Edited by Manta Scorpion
  • Like 1

I believe as soon as Brits will secure St Nicolas area and Baracoa they will sail to Denmark. I still remember massive British attacks on Denmark few weeks ago.

At the moment we try to keep them busy but one day it will be over.

So i would say Swedes made a peace with Denmark too fast :)

Edited by Toothless Jack
  • Like 3

Finally there is peace in Scandinavia. But unfortunately, the British, led by the SLRN continues to provoke the Swedes to fight.

They have capitulated, and agreements have been made and treaty's have been made.

Its not provocation, its merely attempting to poke the embers of the fighting spirit of a shackled and once proud neighbour.... if you genuinely wanted peace you could have asked for it after 2 ports. I am guessing though, you wanted them on their knees and with no choice. ;) After all as you told me in person, they were no match for you... and you wanted a better fight with the Brits.

British started out with Island Harbour and St. Johns. You left your allies for the taking. That is how much an alliance with the SLRN is worth.

Oh Im glad you brought this up, it seems your intel is lacking in this area. I would ask the HRE to comment on this but I'll fill you in anyway.

We suggested that we keep these ports to lend aid to the Swedes if attacked by the Danes, they told us... and I quote "Its a good idea but we have elements within the Swedish Clans that want those ports regardless of any Alliance"

We then both agreed, that for the betterment of relations that we transfer the ownership of those ports to our trusted Allies the Swedes. Having two ports to defend against the Swedish was deemed a price to high to pay for a broken alliance.

....perhaps if we still owned them we could have prevented this slaughter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. ;)

• Like 2

Its not provocation, its merely attempting to poke the embers of the fighting spirit of a shackled and once proud neighbour.... if you genuinely wanted peace you could have asked for it after 2 ports. I am guessing though, you wanted them on their knees and with no choice. ;) After all as you told me in person, they were no match for you... and you wanted a better fight with the Brits.

Oh Im glad you brought this up, it seems your intel is lacking in this area. I would ask the HRE to comment on this but I'll fill you in anyway.

We suggested that we keep these ports to lend aid to the Swedes if attacked by the Danes, they told us... and I quote "Its a good idea but we have elements within the Swedish Clans that want those ports regardless of any Alliance"

We then both agreed, that for the betterment of relations that we transfer the ownership of those ports to our trusted Allies the Swedes. Having two ports to defend against the Swedish was deemed a price to high to pay for a broken alliance.

....perhaps if we still owned them we could have prevented this slaughter. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. ;)

Where have you been when the Danish and Dutch steamrolled us and France? And now you want us to start fighting again? You fucking kidding me? In my eyes, you guys are just selfish and thats it. I see the brits now as an enemy.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed excessive profanity - putting *'s over the words does not excuse them.
  • Like 13

Admiral Caldwell, in your shocking call for having brave French captains joining your ranks, you called the topic "Free French", which means "Gratuit Francais".

For all of you, see here:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11357-libert%C3%A9-%C3%A9galit%C3%A9-fraternit%C3%A9-free-french/

Now you scream out for the eyes of everyone to witness: "Fight Sweden", instead of "Fight for Sweden".

I cannot believe that your choice of words is uncareful, but intended as such and I consider it an outrage, I say you, you are mocking the people that called you ally. Is that how you repay them? By rubbing salt in fresh wounds? I have been no angel in choosing my words in our colloquy, but this is below any standard.

Where have you been when the Danish and Dutch steamrolled us and France? And now you want us to start fighting again? You fucking kidding me? In my eyes, you guys are just selfish and thats it. I see the brits now as an enemy.

Of course the Danes took you in 1 night! 

I see you are a strategist, then perhaps you could enlighten us all on how when fighting the RAE in the West of Cuba, and the Pirates in the North... all timed to perfection the same night! How we can conjure yet another 2 Fleets of 50 3rd rate Ships to sail some 1-2 hours real time to defend you in Gustavia.

Please I await with interest. ;)

• Like 2

Really? we all know this is suicide, the agreement seems to have been done, war(as i said in other topic) will surely lead to destruction of the french and swedish nations

It doesn't matter. Danish players are still zerging Swedish players doing missions around Gustavia. Any peace treaty isn't worth the bits and bytes it is written on.

It seems my assessment of Herminators intentions has been accurate all along.

To be clear: This is happening right now.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 3

Of course the Danes took you in 1 night!

I see you are a strategist, then perhaps you could enlighten us all on how when fighting the RAE in the West of Cuba, and the Pirates in the North... all timed to perfection the same night! How we can conjure yet another 2 Fleets of 50 3rd rate Ships to sail some 1-2 hours real time to defend you in Gustavia.

Please I await with interest. ;)

A blind eye will be turned to reason, despite the known fact that it had taken France monumental effort to organize a efforts on a single front.

This is no insult to anyone - it is just truth.

But Brits are bad guys, because we could not sail not to stop a Danish fleet of 3 third rates and 17 Trincomalee. Once the 2nd front opened, it was over.

But, credit where due: France took 2 ports back the next night and set good timers.

This treaty is like winning the jackpot for the Danes. I guess I should /Tiphat to them for something so well played.

• Like 1

Lol, seems you brits have been found out for the charlatans that you are, your devious nature shines through and the way in which you try to ruin the fledgling peace agreement to the detriment of supposed allies, speaks volumes about your real intentions.

If your idea of peace is being farmed for fun by Danish players in your missions, enjoy it.

If your idea of peace is being farmed for fun by Danish players in your missions, enjoy it.

If this keeps occuring, please take a note of where these players belong and their names. Not all players agree to the deal from our side, and the same goes for some swedish players still ganking missions in our waters. The problem is when some danish players won't stop doing it because some swedes still to it, and vica versa, making it almost impossible to make missionganking non-existant between the nations, unfortunately.. I hope these actions will seize, as it's a kind of broken mechanic in the first place.(because allies can't join)

I don't think any player from any of the large clans participate in such events after publications of the treaty

• Like 1