Game-Labs Forum

Liberté, égalité, fraternité.... FREE FRENCH!

Charles Caldwell

lol if you know your history the Free French army fought out of Great Britain during the WW2... They wore our uniforms, used our ships and fought with our guns.

They help liberate Paris and France... why not now? ;)

Becuase, good Sir - I choose to write my own history instead of following yours.

• Like 2

Dutch in negotiations *1 or 2 gentlemen in the room*: Thank you sir (prim and proper).

I now know where the saying "keep your friends close, your enemies closer" came from. It's self explanatory when you have more respect for your enemies than for your allies... :3

• Like 2

I think Charles is actually trying to get the Dutch, French, Danish and Swedes to unite against the British. Interesting to see if he'll succeed!

You could probably add USA into that alliance, since Dutch have a good friendship going on there ;)

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 1

You could probably add USA into that alliance, since Dutch have a good friendship going on there ;)

Perhaps when a Du-Fr-Da-Sw-US alliance reduces the amount of ports the brits hold by roughly 88... that might help increase their understanding of how this peace treaty came to be and why it is a good thing. It's easy to have a big mouth to others while sitting on 89 ports and not having suffered any real combined attacks. 

• Like 5

Sadly for those in the French nation who failed to notice recent combined arms events who was the other nation helping you then. You are fools to think that you can set the port battle timers to a time that you thought you could defend was a good idea. Why not do what every other forward thinking nation on here does and try to set times that the other nations can't steam roll through. It's rediculous that you did not even think of this and arrange port take overs between yourselfs and the Swedes so you could set timers in the north. The Swedes took most of our ports in the north then set nice prime time timers on them for the Danes to attack.

France failed to protect there southern flank by the same means surely some one could see this coming I mean really!!!!

Perhaps when a Du-Fr-Da-Sw-US alliance reduces the amount of ports the brits hold by roughly 88... that might help increase their understanding of how this peace treaty came to be and why it is a good thing. It's easy to have a big mouth to others while sitting on 89 ports and not having suffered any real combined attacks.

We know how it works due to how when pre wipe back in early open world testing we were the surrounded ones in English Harbour
  • Like 1

Sadly for those in the French nation who failed to notice recent combined arms events who was the other nation helping you then. You are fools to think that you can set the port battle timers to a time that you thought you could defend was a good idea. Why not do what every other forward thinking nation on here does and try to set times that the other nations can't steam roll through. It's rediculous that you did not even think of this and arrange port take overs between yourselfs and the Swedes so you could set timers in the north. The Swedes took most of our ports in the north then set nice prime time timers on them for the Danes to attack.

France failed to protect there southern flank by the same means surely some one could see this coming I mean really!!!!

We know how it works due to how when pre wipe back in early open world testing we were the surrounded ones in English Harbour

So what you're essentially saying here is to be smart and set timers at night, like you do? I think there is alot of people in NA that sees timers like that as harming to the community as the dutch/danish actions this weekend.

But hey, at least americans playing for other nations than the USN would have a great time

Edit: Maybe not as harming, but still

Edited by hanserrr

Sir,

In regards to the southern part of the map, I enjoyed having attacks and counter attacks after the work. Although, I am currently a low level, I still had fun in open sea battles with Dutch captains. Every single battle I was a part of was in good mood and good humour and was courteus and polite. Not once did I have a bad experience. The set up of port timers (by both us and dutch) allowed us to have both fun in our prime times.

Also calling the French fools for the reasons above, I strongly protest and certainly hope that remark was made in temporary distress and therefore I choose to interpret it as such.

Although, some may be privy to more information, the general atmosphere in the French nation during the weekend in regards to joint operations reminds me of one absurdist play by Samuel Beckett.

So Sir, please allow us to recompose ourselves after our fall without any further derogatory remarks, as a true gentleman should.

Edited by marecek05
  • Like 11

I now know where the saying "keep your friends close, your enemies closer" came from. It's self explanatory when you have more respect for your enemies than for your allies... :3

Galileus, some may not appreciate your humour, but you tickle me sir, in places I've never been tickled before.

"Baby Seal Clubber" Ahaha, genius.

• Like 1

I assume this is PVP1?

When people don't put it in the title I always click on a thread and go "what"?

I wish they would create separate places for each server so we could keep our politics straight!

Sir,

In regards to the southern part of the map, I enjoyed having attacks and counter attacks after the work. Although, I am currently a low level, I still had fun in open sea battles with Dutch captains. Every single battle I was a part of was in good mood and good humour and was courteus and polite. Not once did I have a bad experience. The set up of port timers (by both us and dutch) allowed us to have both fun in our prime times.

Also calling the French fools for the reasons above, I strongly protest and certainly hope that remark was made in temporary distress and therefore I choose to interpret it as such.

Although, some may be privy to more information, the general atmosphere in the French nation during the weekend in regards to joint operations reminds me of one absurdist play by Samuel Beckett.

So Sir, please allow us to recompose ourselves after our fall without any further derogatory remarks, as a true gentleman should.

while I feel a May have called you fools surely setting yourselves to at least protect some of your ports in this manner would have beneficial to all.

While we have some set late there is a good reason for this we cannot protect 24hrs a day. All weekend we have been having port battles with the Pirates we won some they won some. While your members are griping about us not helping you you didn't help yourselves we could not send ships to counter the Danes because of the timers they had set and that we were heavily engaged with the Pirate clans who had us fixed in Haiti.

. While your members are griping about us not helping you you didn't help yourselves we could not send ships to counter the Danes because of the timers they had set and that we were heavily engaged with the Pirate clans who had us fixed in Haiti.

I think the Dutch / Danes might have had a little something to do with that Llewellyn.  ;)

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 2

So easily the perfidiousness of the Briton is forgotten. To enter into an "alliance" with Britain is to fight only for the benefit of the English Crown at the cost of national wealth, and to the abandonment all national honor and character. Were the United States, the United Provinces and the Kingdom of Denmark-Norway not the only factions to see British lies as what they were, how might the world be changed? Undoubtedly for the better of all, except for those vile charlatans who consider themselves honorable officers and those poor landsmen who think themselves capable sailors in the Royal Navy.

Edited by InfiniteAmount
  • Like 2

an alliance between frogs and dutch would be the best for all, because otherwise you always have a man with a knife behind you..not that my word would matter  tho :P

and then fight against the large nation, who own more then them belong

Edited by Manta Scorpion
  • Like 1

while I feel a May have called you fools surely setting yourselves to at least protect some of your ports in this manner would have beneficial to all.

While we have some set late there is a good reason for this we cannot protect 24hrs a day. All weekend we have been having port battles with the Pirates we won some they won some. While your members are griping about us not helping you you didn't help yourselves we could not send ships to counter the Danes because of the timers they had set and that we were heavily engaged with the Pirate clans who had us fixed in Haiti.

Sir, I agree that gaming the system and setting weird port capture windows could have bought us some time, but in the end it didn't. You did what you had to to save Britain in Haiti. We did what we had to to save France and Sweden on Teamspeak. No more point in crying over the spilled milk. What is done is done, it is time to learn from the whole experience and to try to avoid it in the future.

• Like 5