Game-Labs Forum

Liberté, égalité, fraternité.... FREE FRENCH!

Charles Caldwell

And who would want a corpse?

A corpse is no less honourable for being a corpse, and can even in death still serve a purpose. Are we truly better served with our path laid out before us by others? Indeed by men who appear only too-eager to question our word and our honour? Is our nation meant to achieve its place in history by serving at the whim of another?

"Greatness is a road leading towards the unknown."

- Charles de Gaulle

As a whole the French Nation has been honest. That, my good friend, honesty is worth more than a fleet of 1st rates manned by king and country fools.

We shall fight side by side in the upcoming war, mark my words.

I look forward to that day, sir. Salut!

• Like 2

I'd always take bizarre allies in war over a divisive peace with friends.

The truth is that I need targets, that we need targets, our men need targets.

Men like us were forged to wage war. For most of us, including me, we know nothing else. We do not captain a 74 gun ship and over 400 men to polish the guns and clean the woodwork.

At least I do not.

However,

The results of the peace talks between the Danish-Dutch negotiators and the French-Swedish representatives have not been fully disclosed, but if the agreements are what they seem to be, I'd call them: realistic.

Eat the last fish and the pond will be empty, never to bring forth the sharks we like to fight.

Congratulations to our wise leaders and may we wage war until death comes to collect us all.

• Like 3

A corpse is no less honourable for being a corpse, and can even in death still serve a purpose. Are we truly better served with our path laid out before us by others? Indeed by men who appear only too-eager to question our word and our honour? Is our nation meant to achieve its place in history by serving at the whim of another?

"Greatness is a road leading towards the unknown."

- Charles de Gaulle

I look forward to that day, sir. Salut!

The only way for a corpse to achieve its goals is if someone trips on it.

A corpse is no less honourable

A corpse maybe. What of a man who attacks his own countrymen in public, denying them first a talk in private? Is he still no less honorable, or is he but a wild dog, mad enough to bite whatever and whoever, as long as bite he can?

The only way for a corpse to achieve its goals is if someone trips on it.

Yes, it's been made clear that this is the prevailing attitude. How sad.

A corpse maybe. What of a man who attacks his own countrymen in public, denying them first a talk in private? Is he still no less honorable, or is he but a wild dog, mad enough to bite whatever and whoever, as long as bite he can?

I did no such thing, and had indeed kept restraint in my initial responses. Indeed my true feelings were kept to conversation between us behind closed doors. I attacked no man personally and instead attacked an ideal I disagreed with, though sadly we did not all show such restraint. Instead my calls against an idea were met with questions of my intelligence and manhood, much to my disappointment. To that all I can say is some men are more suited to merely talking the talk. Good day, monsieur.

• Like 1

You are aware that people can see your posts you made before? Including the accusation of all french captains being spineless you made in the very, very first post of yours?

Is this your honor? First insult your brothers, then say they are at fault?

If so, I am glad I share none of this "honor" of yours.

Please, I never accused all French captains of being spineless. I lamented the fact that so many were so quick to bend the knee. It's getting difficult to see you from behind that proud army of strawmen you've erected between us. I suppose there are any number of quotes available about close friends making the worst enemies.

I am glad I share none of this "honor" of yours.

Indeed.

• Like 1

On an other note,

I find it extremely shocking that Admiral Caldwell named his topic about a call for proud French captains to join his ranks, "Free French" and not "Free the French".

Low blow, sir, low blow.

Hmmm low blow no not really, just the knowledge of a term most Frenchmen should or would know. For me its a term of defiance, but to you clearly just a grammatical mistake. ;)

Free French

Just look who are the most vocal in this thread, the French, the Danes..... nope the Dutch!

The Grima Wormtongue of the Naval Action World.  :P

..... On the night of Black Friday, not only did the RAE stab us in the back, but the Pirates in the North 'with their Communication Channel' to the Danes attacked us!

It was engineered that we could not help our oldest Allies.

Don't direct your hate at us France, but to one who formulated your demise.

Wouldn't it be the other way around?

Rp off for a min, I think it was pretty clear to everyone that the pact was made to not let the playerbase lose a lot of players due to these events, the mechanics are broken and Im glad that the leaders of the 4 nations had the balls to not think about there own nation but about the future of the game for a min.

If this wasn't the case then there would be another pact that wouldn't be so generous to the French and Swedes, because we pushed someone over and now we are reaching out to him to help him up so he can play again, those nations were destroyed and became unplayable for their players.

So really why do the English want to lose 10% of the playerbase for the sake of honor?

I find it very sad that we did our best to help a lot of players and that people think that we did it for our own good.

France lost due to broken mechanics if this wasn't the case they would still be fighting.

And I don't know how everybody else sees it but I see this peace as players helping eachother out when the game can't.

I have respect fot the french and had good fights with them, and nobody wants to have the entire French and Swedish nation to leave the game, so lets all be friends for 1 minute and think about that we wan't to play a game and have fun fighting eachother.

(Im on my mobile phone so sorry for the typos and other layout issues.)

Edited by bramluijken
  • Like 9

Perhaps when a Du-Fr-Da-Sw-US alliance reduces the amount of ports the brits hold by roughly 88... that might help increase their understanding of how this peace treaty came to be and why it is a good thing. It's easy to have a big mouth to others while sitting on 89 ports and not having suffered any real combined attacks.

actually slightly more i counted:

Ports owned:

1)Brits: 94

2)Pirates: 51-53

3)US: 48

4)Dutch: 38

5)Danes: 38

6)Spanish: 35

7)French: 19

8)Sweden: 1

You know. Just for the fun of it maybe we should all share a guess of how many North American and Asian time zone players there are between the Dutch, Danes, French, and Sweds? No US Navy you don't count Seems that would show, I think, around 200-250 members that could blow a hole into the port timer issue? Not sure in that light if Adm Jones argument is actually valid?

Meanwhile, on the US front:

It will take time to repair the damage.

• Like 1

so SLRN want the fight to go on if we read between the lines and people will soon start to become nasty or atleast those forum warriors we have seen jsut like in the black friday thread

gents keep it civil and be a grown up sometimes the glove he hits you with is just a thin glove

i for once love the peace treaty being set since we are not destroying a nation or two but letting them grow like flowers in a garden and sometimes the most beoutifull flowers gets picked or cut down

stay the gentlemen you were born to be not some kids with a game

Meanwhile, on the US front:

It will take time to repair the damage.

I was saying you don't count only because I was talking about the southern front.  I meant no offense to you or your nation my friend.  You are correct time heals all wounds, and my wounds heal fast!! :D

I was saying you don't count only because I was talking about the southern front.  I meant no offense to you or your nation my friend.  You are correct time heals all wounds, and my wounds heal fast!! :D

Nah, I wasn't referring to you, but what happened on Black Friday in the US nation.

Dear Sirs, Officers, and gentlemen.

I see that lots have been discussed about the terms presented by his majesty the King of Denmark-Norways delegates.

A most generous offer I must say that was agreed upon, without his most gracious majesty, demanding any refund for any of his war expenses. I must say that this and the fact that Denmark-Norway only extended it borders with 2 ports after returning liberated ports proves that the goal of this campaign was peace and not war.

Unfortunately the bloodthirsty Admiral Charles Caldwell encourages Swedish and French wives and sweethearts to endure more suffering and pain, for a nation that left them all alone in their desperate time of need. I come to wonder, would he demand the same from his own wife and sweetheart? Why would he not send a fleet to aid, since he has asked it , and most loyal been given it so many times by both Swedes and French. No, for him the conquest of Les Gonaives for the British crown was more important than the survival of 2 nations!

I tell you this my fellow gentlemen, it takes a brave man to look his yesterdays enemy in the eyes and trusting him to be tomorrows friend. For the ability to do so I salute my new Swedish Brothers and French friends, and I curse Charles Caldwell for trying to ruin bonds of peace and friendship for his own personal gain.

Alot has been said about the Dutch, not so much about Denmark-Norway. Let us never forget that Denmark-Norway is a war-weary country. Excausted by fighting numerous fronts against numerous enemies. First we managed to send the evil Spaniards away from Haiti, and then the selfish British abandoned English Harbour. Now we have finally come to terms with our Scandinavian brothers and are drinking fine wine from Bordeaux with our new French friends. And now, hopefully we can concentrate on stabilizing the Haiti front so we one day may return to our wifes and sweethearts. Unfortunately that seems to be delayed. All this warmongering from Charles Caldwell as representitive of the British nation, seems to be forcing our peaceloving king to once again call his brave officers and loyal men to arms. Although the wars have made us war-weary, they have also made us battle hardened. So I warn you Sir Charles Caldwell, do not for a second belive that this undermining of a peacefull relationships in the East to pass on without reprisals. And the reprisals will be loyal servants of his majesty hoisting their colours once more for honesty and a better future for all nations, and all mankind.

And as a countryman of our glorious fleet commander Petter Wessel, also known as Tordenskjold that was born in Trondheim, Norway, 1690. I want to remind you that not all of us are Danes, so please I humbly advice you to call us Danish-Norwegians, as we Norwegians are an equal part to this union as much as the Danes.

yours truly

Foreign Minister of Vest Indiske Escadre

Herminator

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 9

As per letter of marquee, passed onto our most benevolent patron; which identity shall remain undisclosed, passed by the Magistrates of the United Provinces of the West Territories, on this day the first of March year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen,

All trade and navy vessels, whatever cargo and amount of guns, presenting themselves along the reaches of San Domingo and Jamaica and not flying the flags of the Danish, Swedish, French, Dutch or Continental Navy shall be subject of appraisal from close quarters loaded cannon and prized if seen fit.

• Like 3

So Britain is now ready to fight both Denmark/Norway and the Dutch on two or more fronts? Oh, and keep he pirates and US at bay at the same time? That is indeed a very bold move!

As a french officer locked up in Fort Royal I say: "Do whatever you please", just don't expect a battered nation to be foolish enough to take to arms and dig their grave deeper.

However on the other hand, I will certainly not take arms and help our jailers so nothing to worry on that front in case you even had the wildest doubt.

I wish you fair winds, following seas and a lot of success in your endeavors and maybe one day, your attacks will pay off and you'll reach Fort Royal to truly liberate the French but until that day, I'll keep my head low and accept the truce our leaders are brewing.

• Like 1

As per letter of marquee, passed onto our most benevolent patron; which identity shall remain undisclosed, passed by the Magistrates of the United Provinces of the West Territories, on this day the first of March year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen,

All trade and navy vessels, whatever cargo and amount of guns, presenting themselves along the reaches of San Domingo and Jamaica and not flying the flags of the Danish, Swedish, French, Dutch or Continental Navy shall be subject of appraisal from close quarters loaded cannon and prized if seen fit.

M'dear lad, ye might 'ave saved ink, 'ad ye said wot ye will be attackin', 'stead of wot ye not !

M'dear lad, ye might 'ave saved ink, 'ad ye said wot ye will be attackin', 'stead of wot ye not !

The Independent Captains shall be appraised for intentions on a per encounter basis. They are not considered as a nation and as such will receive nor be expected treatment as befalls the other colonies of the European powers.

Rest assured that our most benevolent patron has the courage of the Independent Captains in highest regard.

The question is do you choose to fight alongside your allies for victory and the liberation of your country at all costs?

or do you choose to collaborate with your oppressors at the cost of your pride and a continuing heel on your neck?

I personally would support any move to help our allies in the hour of need - up to and including the formation of a 'international brigade' to keep the fires of resistance burning in these dark days. I would gladly join such a force - subject to admiralty permission

Vive La Resistance!

• Like 2

The question is do you choose to fight alongside your allies for victory and the liberation of your country at all costs?

or do you choose to collaborate with your oppressors at the cost of your pride and a continuing heel on your neck?

I personally would support any move to help our allies in the hour of need - up to and including the formation of a 'international brigade' to keep the fires of resistance burning in these dark days. I would gladly join such a force - subject to admiralty permission

Vive La Resistance!

For a resistance, you need a broken and subjugated country. France is not that. It's funny, when it's our "allies", not our enemies - that seek for France to fall.

I will fight for freedom and I will support resistance if need be. I will not condemn France to fall just to play a rebel.

• Like 1