Game-Labs Forum

Liberté, égalité, fraternité.... FREE FRENCH!

Charles Caldwell

Admiral Jones has had too much gin, send him to bed before he and Admiral Caldwell unite all nations against the real enemy, the 88 port monster that is the British.

actually slightly more i counted:

Ports owned:

1)Brits: 94

2)Pirates: 51-53

3)US: 48

4)Dutch: 38

5)Danes: 38

6)Spanish: 35

7)French: 19

8)Sweden: 1

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 1

You know. Just for the fun of it maybe we should all share a guess of how many North American and Asian time zone players there are between the Dutch, Danes, French, and Sweds? No US Navy you don't count ???? Seems that would show, I think, around 200-250 members that could blow a hole into the port timer issue? Not sure in that light if Adm Jones argument is actually valid?

Edited by nakorbc

french-freedomv1.jpg

************ Temporarily Sign up with a British Account and Fight the DANES and their lapdogs *************

​Help Britain to return your ports! 

Very remarkable to read that the British king seems to be a supporter of the French revolution? ;)

Hop Marjanneke stroop in 't kanneke laat de poppetjes dansen... see: http://www.mamalisa.com/?t=es&p=4157

Edited by Swieb
  • Like 1

You know. Just for the fun of it maybe we should all share a guess of how many North American and Asian time zone players there are between the Dutch, Danes, French, and Sweds? No US Navy you don't count Seems that would show, I think, around 200-250 members that could blow a hole into the port timer issue? Not sure in that light if Adm Jones argument is actually valid?

Ah but can they all be on at the same time I wonder

I now know where the saying "keep your friends close, your enemies closer" came from. It's self explanatory when you have more respect for your enemies than for your allies... :3

What you waiting for frenchies? Similar offer may not happen in future  :D ...got such a lot of laugh reading this at work earlier :lol:

Here are your new friends. This is what you signed up for. Congratulations; I wish you all the best in keeping this mutt close, as I'm sure he's far cuddlier than his mouth suggests.

The British are playing the smart game, and condemning them for being more savvy than your own factions instead of trying to smarten up as well is quite telling. As it is, right now every nation may as well take a dig at the French and see what they can get out of us, since we've proven it takes only 2 days to make us throw aside our spines so as to better present ourselves to the aggressors. I wish I could say "do not mistake the lack of fighting resolve of French leaders as representative of her Capitaines" but sadly I fear that may just be the case.

The saddest part of all of this is that the Swedish could have gotten a better deal had they made a separate deal but instead stood by their French allies, who then quite eagerly capitulated in order to fill their plates with what scraps their new taskmasters felt they deserved. We let them down, despite the example shown us by the French on PvP2. Why not call us lapdogs at this point? Just look to Jameson BH, who clearly proves that a dog is happy with his master so long as he's patted on the head from time to time and told he's a good boy.

• Like 5

Here are your new friends. This is what you signed up for. Congratulations; I wish you all the best in keeping this mutt close, as I'm sure he's far cuddlier than his mouth suggests.

The British are playing the smart game, and condemning them for being more savvy than your own factions instead of trying to smarten up as well is quite telling. As it is, right now every nation may as well take a dig at the French and see what they can get out of us, since we've proven it takes only 2 days to make us throw aside our spines so as to better present ourselves to the aggressors. I wish I could say "do not mistake the lack of fighting resolve of French leaders as representative of her Capitaines" but sadly I fear that may just be the case.

The saddest part of all of this is that the Swedish could have gotten a better deal had they made a separate deal but instead stood by their French allies, who then quite eagerly capitulated in order to fill their plates with what scraps their new taskmasters felt they deserved. We let them down, despite the example shown us by the French on PvP2. Why not call us lapdogs at this point? Just look to Jameson BH, who clearly proves that a dog is happy with his master so long as he's patted on the head from time to time and told he's a good boy.

That seems an unfair statement. Those scraps you refer too number a good amount of ports which are returned too ensure the Swedes and French factions do not lack in economical resources and therefore keep your factions alive. That being said; consider our postition. We demand neutrality and do not want a knife in the back in return. I would direct my anger at your allies who left you hanging to purchase their own imperial pursuits against the pirates. They had the fleet out and chose a mere port over their allies, then attempt to recruit disgruntled players as a vampire would do to a french maiden, sucking away its lifeblood. Leaving the Swedes to fight along the brits would be most dishonourable as well, in my opinion.

Good luck in the future, sir. May you choice wisely!

I'm disappointed in you, Francis. Would you see us cry and lament in public? Would you see us broken and beaten, because this is the bravery you speak of? "Loose at all costs!". Laughable!

And indeed, now? I choose to laugh and dance. My spine is not to be shown off in public, I do not need to wave it around at everyone, punching whoever, just so they can acknowledge I have guts. It takes guts to stay silent and adapt, to laugh and seek another day and another fight. Any old drunk can go out with his fists broken on a wall. In public, I know when to cry, when to laugh, when to accuse and when to befriend.

A lesson you clearly need to learn.

Future will present a choice. To choose now is to give up the future.

• Like 2

I myself and both shocked and disheartened at this news. I have been unfortunately absent for a couple of days and haven't been up to date on what's been happening. I'm still kind of oblivious has to how or what has been a foot. I know a massive offensive had broken through on two fronts but I didn't realise the situation was so desperate as to call for a capitulation.

The English blood in me boils and says no, the guernesiaise side of me says no also...

• Like 3

Just look who are the most vocal in this thread, the French, the Danes..... nope the Dutch!

The Grima Wormtongue of the Naval Action World.  :P

Saruman%2Band%2BGrima.jpg

..... On the night of Black Friday, not only did the RAE stab us in the back, but the Pirates in the North 'with their Communication Channel' to the Danes attacked us!

It was engineered that we could not help our oldest Allies.

Don't direct your hate at us France, but to one who formulated your demise.

• Like 6

I'm disappointed in you, Francis. Would you see us cry and lament in public? Would you see us broken and beaten, because this is the bravery you speak of? "Loose at all costs!". Laughable!

And indeed, now? I choose to laugh and dance. My spine is not to be shown off in public, I do not need to wave it around at everyone, punching whoever, just so they can acknowledge I have guts. It takes guts to stay silent and adapt, to laugh and seek another day and another fight. Any old drunk can go out with his fists broken on a wall. In public, I know when to cry, when to laugh, when to accuse and when to befriend.

A lesson you clearly need to learn.

Future will present a choice. To choose now is to give up the future.

Yes, you've made it quite clear you're disappointed with my refusal to quietly bend the knee. Cry and lament in public? I would see you stand up for yourself instead. See us broken and beaten? We are now! Yes, I call these returned ports "scraps given over" because they were handed to us, not taken. Disgraceful.

You continually mistake a will to fight for drunken, foolish belligerence. "Wave [my spine] around at everyone, punching whoever" may sound like an enlightened statement to you and your strawmen, but I fear these words are well off the mark, my friend. "I know when to cry, when to laugh, when to accuse and when to befriend" Oh yes, you've been quite vocal in defending this decision and your new friends. Enjoy them, as they continue to look down at you. Keep talking about fighting while you clamour for peace to protect our poor, precious ports. How very sad.

• Like 1

...I didn't realise the situation was so desperate as to call for a capitulation.

The English blood in me boils and says no, the guernesiaise side of me says no also...

Ah, be careful where you voice such feelings, Monsieur, lest you be accused of drunken, foolish belligerence in the face of enlightened kowtowing peace

To most estimated gentleman Charles Caldwell

Sir, such arrogance !!!!

The weariness of the combatants cannot be diminished as you do let them feel... was the effort and the fight was almost worthless as you try to convince the nationals of the French and Sweden nations  ???!!! that their effort was childish !?!?!?..., please....remember... Many wives, parents, sons and daughters, and other beloved ones have been put aside for many hours as admirals gathered their fleets and fought for dominance, in the ports, in the blockades, in the open sea interceptions... Such is the nature of the beast. It consumes us until a moment comes where we must stop and rest.

These Peace treaties are, undoubtedly, a product of a pivotal change on the course of the war in the East. No one would predict this, less so the British that with their usual sluggish "montgomery'ian" pace did seal two nation's fates.

The relief on the Danes on their western reaches and consequentially the spending of the concentrated energies to defeat Sweden decisively and to land a fatal blow on the France nation was entirely, although indirectly, due to inaction of your nation sire. Inaction leads to reaction sir. And the Nether Dane Alliance is not about inaction, no Sir.

France and Sweden shall be returned ports that are essentially theirs by right (!) and were taken due to the conflict and not because of the desire of conquest and shame.

May the British diplomacy and navy look to their own motives rather than judging others.

Commander Captain Hethwill,

the twentieth and nine, year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen

aboard the privateer vessel "Free Macareo, the third"

• Like 4

Ah, be careful where you voice such feelings, Monsieur, lest you be accused of drunken, foolish belligerence in the face of enlightened kowtowing peace

Yes... I have a mixed crew of English and Frenchmen, plus a handful of my own fellow channel islanders. The English and channel islanders are restless and to quote some thing my Guernesiaise carpenter said to another 'they can stick their peace treaty where the sun don't shine!' I think I may have a mutiny on my hands soon.

• Like 2

To most estimated gentleman Charles Caldwell

Sir, such arrogance !!!!

The weariness of the combatants cannot be diminished as you do let them feel... was the effort and the fight was almost worthless as you try to convince the nationals of the French and Sweden nations  ???!!! that their effort was childish !?!?!?..., please....remember... Many wives, parents, sons and daughters, and other beloved ones have been put aside for many hours as admirals gathered their fleets and fought for dominance, in the ports, in the blockades, in the open sea interceptions... Such is the nature of the beast. It consumes us until a moment comes where we must stop and rest.

These Peace treaties are, undoubtedly, a product of a pivotal change on the course of the war in the East. No one would predict this, less so the British that with their usual sluggish "montgomery'ian" pace did seal two nation's fates.

The relief on the Danes on their western reaches and consequentially the spending of the concentrated energies to defeat Sweden decisively and to land a fatal blow on the France nation was entirely, although indirectly, due to inaction of your nation sire. Inaction leads to reaction sir. And the Nether Dane Alliance is not about inaction, no Sir.

France and Sweden shall be returned ports that are essentially theirs by right (!) and were taken due to the conflict and not because of the desire of conquest and shame.

May the British diplomacy and navy look to their own motives rather than judging others.

Commander Captain Hethwill,

the twentieth and nine, year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen

aboard the privateer vessel "Free Macareo, the third"

If I had had my way there would have been no nap between the British clans in Panama and the Dutch that allowed the Dutch to concentrate thier forces though this may have made little difference it might have Holland look to thier Western flank sadly we were not one nation and instead of helping our allies there by attacking the Dutch we let them be much to our shame!

• Like 1

Lol, I come bearing no ill will to the French, pointing out the true nature of the British and you insult me sir. seems you have already taken the King of England´s shilling and I fear you are merely a snake within the French nation willing to do anything for your true colours, the Union Jack. Beware Frenchies, it may well be the enemies within you need to watch.  

Ah, from one agitator to another I thought you'd at least have a chuckle, mon ami. Nay, I have accepted no such pay from the English, and expect none as they left us high and dry despite protestations to the contrary; why should one count on them now?

Indeed, perhaps I clamour now as a "doth protest too much" distraction, keeping our new overlords ruefully shaking their heads and sighing "oh, those silly French" and ignoring the build up beneath them. Or perhaps I'm merely one of a few whose voices aren't quieted by the prospect of a difficult path. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Hethwill, my friend, you are truly a man of the people :lol:

And in truth, those are wise words. Who would want for an ally a man too quick to bend the knee?

As a whole the French Nation has been honest. That, my good friend, honesty is worth more than a fleet of 1st rates manned by king and country fools.

We shall fight side by side in the upcoming war, mark my words.

• Like 1