Game-Labs Forum

Americans (PvP1)

Vernon Merrill

Infiniteamount dixit: 

"Are the Spanish not a NPC nation? By the way they fight, I thought that they were supposed to be trash mobs that actual players cut their teeth on before fighting harder AI and players."

Too bad me and my mate didnt know about the bounty on your head couple of days ago. But oh wait, we're Npc we can't cash bounties.

Edited by chorrohumo

I don't have the game open Justme, but they attacked 12 ports (The rats, the Brits and the Spanish) and took 6 I believe. The Dons took a few of the ports in the gulf's Yucatan. (Not a big deal), The Brits grabbed Las Tortugas. The Rats took Cayo Largo and Islamorada. The Isalmorada fight had a lot of controversy and should have been defended better but alas it was lost. We were able to defend two ports, Walker's Cay and Mantanza.

Expect more losses in the future. We simply don't have the stregnth to fend off three nations at once, two of which can pull multiple groups.

For now its time to hunker down and fight like cornered lions. We are being port ganked and there is little we can do to stop it until our forces can concentrate.

Its too late i dont want your surrender.

Big words from such a small man.

Infiniteamount dixit:

"Are the Spanish not a NPC nation? By the way they fight, I thought that they were supposed to be trash mobs that actual players cut their teeth on before fighting harder AI and players."

Too bad me and my mate didnt know about the bounty on your head couple of days ago. But oh wait, we're Npc we can't cash bounties.

Ah, yes, that battle were I was ganked by 4 Spanish and managed to do enough damage to sink all four of them. I'd hardly consider that an example of Spanish skill.

Edited by InfiniteAmount
  • Like 1

B

Ah, yes, that battle were I was ganked by 4 Spanish and managed to do enough damage to sink all four of them. I'd hardly consider that an example of Spanish skill.

You did not sink me nor my mate, you sank 2 ai cutter and we sank you. Not interested in keeping this conversation. Bye.

The nation is under siege from 3 nations, and despite our good organization we are going to continue losing ground, as we simply don't have the numbers to cope. We fight and win port battles all the time, but we can't be at 8-12 port battles all at the same time. As a nation we need to seek peace with our closest enemies (which we have been trying to do since before we were at war <cough> Spain <cough>) and we need to continue to focus our efforts and organize well. We need to make sure our nation mates don't start to consider the cowards way out and defect to the pirates just because we are being threatened from all sides as has happened in other nations being pressured in this way.

• Like 1

Pretty sad when the 2 biggest factions can't handle the 3rd largest by themselves but have to band together to actually accomplish something. Guess the Brits and Pirates may have the quantity, but it's pretty obvious they are lacking in the quality to do anything on their own respectively.

It's borderline disgraceful when you have to team up with the Spanish, who cannot even fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Will be intereesting to see the inevitable betrayal in the works for end of March, that some of my friends who joined the game have told me about in some of the opposing nations clans.

• Like 1

Pretty sad when the 2 biggest factions can't handle the 3rd largest by themselves but have to band together to actually accomplish something. Guess the Brits and Pirates may have the quantity, but it's pretty obvious they are lacking in the quality to do anything on their own respectively.

As gracious in defeat as you are in victory. Ah well, whatever we have to tell ourselves at the end of each night, eh? :lol:

Edited by Francis Tabernac
  • Like 1

It's borderline disgraceful when you have to team up with the Spanish, who cannot even fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Will be intereesting to see the inevitable betrayal in the works for end of March, that some of my friends who joined the game have told me about in some of the opposing nations clans.

The British and Pirates do not have a pact. Hence we fight them and releive them of their ports. A single Pirate in a single clan has decided to make a pact with the Brits. That pact is not recognised by any other clan and hardly by anyone in that guild either. Edited by Kutai

I know of one U.S player who is either partially or completely deaf. Which unfortunately excludes him from clan and coordinated events but he still turns up to fight. Can't remember his name off hand.

KotO has had two deaf players in our guild for over 5 years. Always been able to keep them involved and part of the group.

KotO has had two deaf players in our guild for over 5 years. Always been able to keep them involved and part of the group.

Wish I remembered who it was, but iirc correctly he inquired with several he was told sometimes rudely( just turn up your hearing aid for ex) no non voice chat players wanted.

Captains of the American nation.

You may have noticed that in the last week or so, the black hordes have stepped up their attacks on the U.S. mainland. You may have also noted with alarm the spreading of black dots on the map in the Bahamas. Make no mistake, the Pirate nation outnumbers us and WILL bring the fight to our shores.

I implore every strong-willed American to focus your attention to helping drive this menace from our doorstep. The time for AI grinding is over! Small vessels are no longer an excuse to shirk your primary duty, which on the EU 1 server is NOT to accumulate wealth, but to provide peace through strength. NOW is the time to show that strength.

There are many things you can do to help stop the advance of the black hordes. First, you could look into joining a clan. Despite rumors to the contrary, you will NOT be forced to act as a slave, bowing to imaginary masters. Instead, it will help you by becoming part of an ORGANIZED resistance. When there are no imminent dangers, you are free to focus on rank and monetary endeavors. However, when your nation needs you, you will be part of TEAM that allows you to efficiently blunt the savages on our doorstep. You will have access to the latest intelligence and plans/strategies to keep our home waters safe. Secondly, if you are not inclined to become part of a bigger team, I would advocate traveling in groups at all times. It's very easy to find a travel partner by clicking on his vessel and inviting him to group up. Since we becoming more and more outnumbered, we cannot allow ourselves to be caught alone and unawares at sea.

I fully understand the American spirit of rugged individuality and can respect all who choose their own path. However, NOW is the time to come together and unite in the struggle that is about to come. You all know who the major players are in the faction, and if you are new, you soon will. Please start a dialog with players you see often in chat and can help you advance your naval career. NOW is the time to start making DOUBLE XP and gold by fighting the horde as opposed to farming AI. I can tell you, as a relatively new player, you will learn TWO things very quickly when you switch to fighting actual players. One, you will easily make enough gold to replace your ship by the time you have exhausted your 5 duras. Two, you will quickly find that many human opponents are nowhere near as good as the AI you have been fighting.

It's time to move away from the coasts, brothers! Otherwise, we will soon find ourselves in the sane sad state of affairs as the Dons.

I REGRET THAT I HAVE BUT 5 DURAS TO GIVE FOR MY COUNTRY!!!

So more and more black dots huh? Have you tried cleaning your monitor?

Lol ruthless! do you really think that the british and Pirates are working together to beat the americans? NOPE

We are fighting the pirates is massive back and forth battles, this is a triangular three way fight where everyone is fighting everyone. the americans are losing that at the moment because they got over extended. simple as that.

The british have been and always will be working to clear the oceans of the scum and villainy that is the pirate scourge, the americans are honorable foes and no true british man would sully himself to join the pirates against them. i would rather run the stars and stripes up my own mast and vote for Trump than fight aligned with the black flags! 

I mean really? where do you get so misinformed? literally none of this is true or makes sense. and if we did help the Spanish a bit to recover a bit of territory, thats just for the good of the game. it does no good to have an entire nation steamrolled and playerbase dispersed.