Game-Labs Forum

News from the North

Johny Reb

I am playing for the Dutch nation, so I personally would "ask"  the Spanish to stop attacking Dutch west(they can't defend their own capital, but can master 40-50 ships each day to harass our west) so we can focus on French. Please include this in you peace treaty conditions. This will help us focus on driving French from our East. Currently we are fighting on 2 fronts and are barely capable of controlling French assault. 

Or I would say no peace treaty with these cunning nation. Who whines and whines about how difficult it is to defend it's own capital (which nearby cities were captured during spanish prime time) and at the same time have a huge fleet to block our forces in the south (thus helping there French allies). Better let them die naturally (cause new players can't play efficiently) if they don't want to let the south go.

You have no clue. Fight for Cuba yourself if you wish. You think fighting in two fronts is bad? and say we wine?

post-18008-0-94388200-1455810987_thumb.jpg

post-18008-0-96809600-1455810988_thumb.jpg

post-18008-0-75405400-1455810989_thumb.jpg

Please note that you will have to set your clock at 4 am, and convince a reasonable number of people to do so, to be able to recapture these ports at their prime time. If you cant be playing a videogame at 5 am, there is another way, just stay there and see if you can catch them in EU times, maybe you would be able to defend a port, but this is bullshit as well, because you won't be able to recapture any port you lose. Day after day you see ports captured that are never going to return. Then you move out of the griefing, and everyone starts saying that we lose our ports at prime time too, there is no time excuses. Spain does not want to fight. we are bad, disorganized. Make the faction AI, etc, etc.

Everyone will pick on you, Just like you did. YOU ARE CLUELESS.

Best think that can happen is that situation gets so fucked that devs are forced to change game mechanics and put port battles time slots based on server location. So no to peace please, just keep breaking the server. This game deserves being fixed.

P.S. We are figthing in two fronts in Panamá and its glorious

Edited by Ramon Luna
  • Like 1

Whoa, there, slow down mister! If the brave forum warriors have taught me anything, it's that a video game about pretend internet boats is as serious as business gets!

:)

I think people lose sight of the fact that this is a game. games have winners and losers, in good games both can have fun. I was recently involved with my group in a series of battles were we were worse off. I lost several ships. the timings were not ideal, the location was hard on us, the local population balance was against us, the enemy was rude and arrogant. did I whinge? no, I had fun. I would do it again.

All this nationalistic inspired hatred stuff is not benficial to anyone. generating hatred between pretend e-nations is counter-productive.

Oh and the fighting for panama is indeed glorious, with all sides fighting well and scoring victories and the result still very much in the balance. Its just a shame you did choose to, as you say, let the game get fucked up just to provoke a change. I don't agree with your reasons for that but its a free country, if you choose to abandon your capital and come to fight us in this local war then it saves us from boring ghost capping.

although I wouldn't call it two fronts, your remaining ports aren't far enough apart to really be considered two fronts ;)

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

This is not a display of ignorance at all. its irrelevance. so what if you offered peace to someone who probably didn't represent their entire nation before curb stomping them when they rebuffed you. the proposed idea that the US conquered them altruistically just to impose peace and save them from the British is laughable, no matter how many insults you were offered. Its all very silly. if the Spanish were beating the US and came to you with an offer of peace on their terms would the US just cower and accept? NO, of course no, there would be a wave of defiance, flag waving, ego polishing and then war.

Anyway people who have made claims about why the British did certain things or were supposedly intending to do certain things are also ignorant of the irrelevant internal goings on. no one cares. the only important things are the facts. the Brits didn't try and capture the Havana area, as such speculation cannot be used as an excuse for pre-emptive conquest.

Either way, this is a pvp game, one side will always lose, in this case its the Spanish. tough luck. its fun, its a game. all this anger over whooo did wat to whooo is silliness. you started a war and destroyed a nation because some guy told you to f yourself on the internet? srsly? have you ever been on the internet before? peeps need to take this stuff less seriously. being on the underdog/losing team can be fun, depends how you choose to approach it.

They are pixels chaps, just pixels.

The only person who claims that the US conquered Spain "altruistically" is you.

TF, TDA and all the US leadership recognized that Spain could not or would not defend their ports in Florida. Spain was making no defensive plans for Florida against the Pirates (whom the US was fighting in the Bahamas and around Florida) and Pirates were using the neutral ports in Florida to attack the US coastline. Something had to be done. so they approached Spain with an agreement to help Spain set up timers on their ports (by capturing Spanish ports and not setting a timer and not defending when the Spanish retook them) in return for a handful of Ports in Florida, and the person they were negotiating with told them to fuck off.

So, US leadership recognized that if Spain was going to lose their ports in Florida to anyone, it would better for America for those ports to become US ports. Capturing past Florida has just been to force Spain to the negotiating table and make it abundantly clear to the entire server that the Spanish war against the United States was unwinnable.

Edited by InfiniteAmount

rofl, that's some damn fine team America justification.

'They were just so unreasonable we had to kill them for their own good'

There is nothing wrong with saying 'we were at war with them, we were winning, so we beat them and captured their base'. this is a PvP game, its ok to just win a war without real world PR spiel to explain it.

I wonder what area you will next recognise cannot defend itself and needs a good conquering.

• Like 1

What if I tell you, that the decission of going to Panama, was not only to defend that part of the map from the dutch, but as a "Fuck off" to the rest of the Spanish Faction...

We were tired of being blamed for everything that happened to the Spanish Faction. Literally everything.

Ports flipped at night? Where's the RAE to defend those ports at 3 AM

Prices rocketing to the skies? Just RAE players destroying the economy

3 random british players attacking spaniards right next to batabano? Hur dur RAE!!! Your ally is attacking us, you suck!!

So, AFAIK, RAE leaders were the ones who decided to go south, since we were not being appreciated by the rest of the faction, with some hate levels >9000. You dont want us there? Fine, now DEAL WITH IT.

Now that there's no more CUBA...guess who are they blaming all over again....

You talk and talk and get cocky...but if you have no idea about the whole situation, the best thing you can do is to STFU about it.

Well you guys managed to do a lot with the 6 ports ya got down there, that's for sure. Really hope after the port reset Spain starts working together instead of apparently being their own biggest enemy.

Edited by Dalriaden

The answer.

Hello good evening, we were speaking all the spanish clans that were interested in your proposal, we were speaking long time and we resolve that we are pleased in your proposal but we must say no, if u want to have nice fights with us try to put ports at the time that we all can attack and defend.

Edited by lobogris

rofl, that's some damn fine team America justification.

'They were just so unreasonable we had to kill them for their own good'

There is nothing wrong with saying 'we were at war with them, we were winning, so we beat them and captured their base'. this is a PvP game, its ok to just win a war without real world PR spiel to explain it.

I wonder what area you will next recognise cannot defend itself and needs a good conquering.

It's a zero-sum game, JCDC. The US would much rather spend effort, money and ships fighting the Pirates and Brits, but without a secured flank, we'd be in the same position as you. We are more than willing to make allies with those factions who's interests align with ours, but what Spain wanted in Florida was not what the US believed in the realm of possibility. The fall of Florida to the Pirates was unacceptable to the US, and the US was unimpressed by the Spanish forces in the area. If anything, the fact that the Spanish buckled so quickly against the US is a testament to how right US leadership was about the inability of Spain to defend Florida.

If you have to vilify the United States players to justify the fact that your faction got caught up in an avoidable war that has decimated your nation, you have every right. But don't expect that US players won't try to set the record straight.

:)

I think people lose sight of the fact that ...

I think you're losing sight of the fact that we're just goofing around on a forum as we discuss peace treaties in an imaginary Carib war.

And your stuff about this thread demonstrating national character? Either comedy gold or massive inanity. I hope the former, but suspect the later in your posts.

Back on topic: we are at war with Oceana, we have always been at war with Oceana. ;)

• Like 1

All the clans that were in the meeting said no.

Stick it to 'em. Go, Spain, go! Go, Spain, go!

Olaaaaay, Olé,Olé Olé!

Edit:

Back on topic: we are at war with Oceana, we have always been at war with Oceana. ;)

What'd the Aussies ever do to you? :(

Edited by Francis Tabernac

Yes, I think the person ignorant is the person claiming others are ignorant. We can't possibly know all of what is going to happen, we can only make predictions and react on those. We were told the British were going to head north, and that was quite possible, and if they were seriously considering bringing war to us, a good place to make a stepping stone to the US coast. The more immediate reasons were the pirates. They were moving in as well, as the map will show. We defended Mariel from the pirates with the Spanish not for the interest of Spain but because we wanted it for ourselves instead of giving it to the pirates. If we don't take it, someone else will.

As for peace. No one said this was to expand freedom or peace. What Johny said was that we took those ports so that the Spanish would seek peace and terms. First we took Remedios. Nothing happened. Then Matanazas. Nothing. We really thought if we took those ports the Spanish would get the idea and seek peace. The pirates were also moving steadily west. The Spanish did not seek terms, so the rest of Northern Cuba was taken for multiple reasons. As for the intent for taking those ports? For most of us, it wasn't about destroying the Spanish. Maybe some did it for that reason, but I carried the flag and became the protector of Mariel only because the pirates had just attacked it and rumors the Brits were coming. If the purpose was to destroy the Spanish. I and others would have refused, just like we aren't all helping take the entire gulf.

And yes, our intentions did not start out as bad. We counted on them being an ally. There were rumors that they were going to work with the Brits but it wasn't substantiated until EA. Then our actions did turn bad towards the Spanish when they became hostile. No US player has said otherwise; no one said that our actions have been pure. You are naive to think so. Conflict doesn't allow pure actions. But again, that doesn't mean we start out with evil intent.

• Like 6

You are arguing with an imaginary person, I have never said I have a problem with you conquering florida or anywhere else. its fine, conquer away. and my nation hasn't been decimated. we are thriving thank you for asking.

I just lolled at all the pious and flowerly explanations and propaganda and re-writing of history and how it mirrors real world US stuff. Its amusing to me, although all the accompanying aggro and insults are pretty tedious. but yeah, i have no problem with you doing the conquest. why would I? its just a game. if you have the strength go and conquer! good luck to you, i hope we see an epic war come out of it, peace in this game would be so terribly dull.

I don't think the US side seems capable of seeing this from others point of view. its of no surprise to me that the Spanish don't want to surrender even tho it clearly surprises you guys. if you were beaten down and reduced to a handful of ports I doubt you would give in either. its like the common misconception that attacking people will 'teach them a lesson'. no it wont, it will just make them angry and fight back more. punitive action just leads to re-action. you cant make people agree with you by shooting them. :)

Viva the Spanish resistance!

I think you're losing sight of the fact that we're just goofing around on a forum as we discuss peace treaties in an imaginary Carib war.

And your stuff about this thread demonstrating national character? Either comedy gold or massive inanity. I hope the former, but suspect the later in your posts.

Haha, oh I got hit with a full broadside of irony here, oh it hurts. Fetch me my brownest trousers.

• Like 1