Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.64 - Small Battles and Account XP

admin

Of course it is possible to attack 3rd rates and then sell them but you need to have a group of player with higher ships, the problem on the pve server is that the overall player rank (i can only say that for pirates) is reither low than high

Actually you don't need ships higher than brigs and snows to take out 3rd rates.  I took part in one such instance where 4 of us in snows and brigs took out a 3rd rate.  Sure it depends on your ability to maneuver correctly but its more than possible with small ships.

Granted it will also take you somewhere around 45 mins to do that way but...

Constitutions can be taken out by a single snow in about the same amount of time (captured too).

Hint:  Chain shot -> Stern camp -> Grape Shot Windows

I really think the next thing to take a look at are contracts. Ports produce more of the goods we need, but no one is able to get them with so many contracts in place. (USA shopping around at all for production ports for fir in the Bahamas and south Florida)

this 5k cap was the wrong move its only going to make players leave the game until they fix the gold system, plus dont give that damage bonus BS do you know how long that will take for a low level like me to even purchase a larger ships. 

Everyone posts that something or other will make players leave the game.....posted by players that (i presume) stay.  I play a game for a challenge not to be heaped with gold and XP.   I prefer to work for something, not have it given to me.   Every time a game starts "making it easy" that game should die.

• Like 3

I really enjoy the new updates keep up the good promising game development. However, not sure if higher level missions worth doing at the moment with the current increase in cost related to repair kits at 4th Rate ships

unless you`re exceptional great at aiming and to avoid ship structure damage vs. NPC`s AI which seems to aim very well! 

So I hope the 5k gold mission cap. is not set in stone after the main release - and remember that ship crafting & trading is a completely different play style.

I am aware you can capture trade ships with few cannons for profit for instance, but don`t use repair kits unless you`re literally sinking at higher Rate ships! :)

Edited by Nebulae3

Thank you for the update. Most of it sounds good. I have not read all the comments so I probably am repeating what has been said but I think mission gold being capped at 5000 is bad idea. As you rank up, repairs become more an more costly, easily costing a captain 3500 gold to repair and that is simply in a smaller frigate. Capping missions at 5000 gold doesn't make them worth doing.

What's new:

New account XP system

Old system had a lot of problems and confusion. It did not give enough flexibility and it created a huge burden of work for the dev team with the tornado of tickets. 

New system is elegant and solves the majority of player problems and questions letting us focus on development more.

Rules of the system

• Rank, Craft level and Labor hours are synchronized on steam account (learnt blueprints are not)
  • Steam account sync is independent of the player name 
  • You can have different nations on different servers
  • You can have different names on different servers
  • In summary you can delete a player and create another one with another name keeping XP

We know some players will say it can lead to this and that but we are not worried. It solves a lot more problems than it creates. In the future it might change but right now it is the best choice.

It won't let me create a 2nd player with a new name  to play on pvp 2 as usa 

already play on pve as british

Thank you for the update. Most of it sounds good. I have not read all the comments so I probably am repeating what has been said but I think mission gold being capped at 5000 is bad idea. As you rank up, repairs become more an more costly, easily costing a captain 3500 gold to repair and that is simply in a smaller frigate. Capping missions at 5000 gold doesn't make them worth doing.

you forgot that you also get gold from doing damage?

Do you know that before the buff patch, mission gold for commander is 5k?

Do you know that you will get 30k gold out of a battle with 2 constitutions?

If your 3rd has 1 tick left each side, it costs you less than 15k to repair?

Edited by Doschichis

Disconnect all Xp/Labour, one should not be able to nation hop and retain their rank let alone server. When one is hopping servers, they should be starting from scratch so there is no exploiting.

As a shipwright, the nerf to gold reward is for the better IMHO, it means people value a good ship more. It might mean less profit but meh, better than a massive surplus of gold.

Now that the Dev's seem relatively happy with where they are at on rewards and combat, can we PLEASE get back to fixing and finalising this economy and BP problem? Right now it is a shambles with production unable to support larger populations and drop rates of BPs that is based solely on luck, not crafting 40 of one ship type trying to get the next. Ship building is expensive as it stands.

Disconnect all Xp/Labour, one should not be able to nation hop and retain their rank let alone server. When one is hopping servers, they should be starting from scratch so there is no exploiting.

As a shipwright, the nerf to gold reward is for the better IMHO, it means people value a good ship more. It might mean less profit but meh, better than a massive surplus of gold.

Now that the Dev's seem relatively happy with where they are at on rewards and combat, can we PLEASE get back to fixing and finalising this economy and BP problem? Right now it is a shambles with production unable to support larger populations and drop rates of BPs that is based solely on luck, not crafting 40 of one ship type trying to get the next. Ship building is expensive as it stands.

speak for your self mission reward nerfing was a mistake esp for those of us on pve who cant fight other players raid ports etc

• Like 1

What we have found over time is this. 

Sometimes players have to see two options to be able to see the light and the right solution. We lowered the mission rewards right now, but we have no strong position on this and it will continue being adjusted going forward until we find the sweet spot. 

In the future do not forget to constructively share your opinions if you disagree with changes. Don't be silent. Do not let the vocal minority to push for changes you do not want.

I personally find 5k gold for all missions is an intelligent fix. It allows lower level players to get the starting money they need while it pushes higher level players to find other ways to make money.

Good call imo.

If I could make a suggestion though, could you round off the XP for missions my OCD is giving me fits. Round up plzzzz, if mission gives 97xp make it 100xp, etc.

Edited by Remo

I personally find 5k gold for all missions is an intelligent fix. It allows lower level players to get the starting money they need while it pushes higher level players to find other ways to make money.

Good call imo.

If I could make a suggestion though, could you round off the XP for missions my OCD is giving me fits. Round up plzzzz, if mission gives 97xp make it 100xp, etc.

For people on PVE server...what is this "other" way to make money? Breaking down any ships we get to try crafting...so no gold for selling ships.  Trader ships ditto make a small amount on stuff not needed for crafting. Trade is a mess until they get around to reworking it. 

Getting a bit old that we are treated to the same rules as PVP servers. 

• Like 1

where have you been when we were bombarded by negative comments

I did not see a lot of posts protecting higher rewards

Will there be in Future an fix for the Antialiasing ? Cause when I turn it on my gpu gets really hot to 82°c its not funny so i had to turn it off :(

Anyways thanks devs to give us such a great game keep doing & keep patching^^

One salute to ya !