Game-Labs Forum

Premium Ships Break Up

The thing I have been concerned with since getting them is that its just free gold daily, they should probably be set to 0, otherwise its 40k free for people who have the DLC on a daily basis without doing anything simply by selling the ships.

Even though gold isn't exactly a major issue in the game the idea you can sell them for anything other than 0 seems a bit off, I bought them to support the devs not to unbalance the game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Teutonic said:

40k gold....is like 5 minutes of work. that's the least of my problems

It's 23K for each ship give or take some, and that is every 24 hours.  You can do a mission or two and make way more than that.  As for breaking up for pefect builds that is way to much work, though some one might do it and it might take them months to get what they want.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

The thing I have been concerned with since getting them is that its just free gold daily, they should probably be set to 0, otherwise its 40k free for people who have the DLC on a daily basis without doing anything simply by selling the ships.

Even though gold isn't exactly a major issue in the game the idea you can sell them for anything other than 0 seems a bit off, I bought them to support the devs not to unbalance the game.

40k is peanuts mate. You make them with a 10 minutes trade trip or in a single "hit and board" lvl 5 mission.

C'mon. I have no premium ship but all this anger about DLCs is frankly speaking an overraction (or a cliché). 

PS: not counting that if you can afford an internet connection you can buy a 10 Euro DLC with ease.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, victor said:

40k is peanuts mate. You make them with a 10 minutes trade trip or in a single "hit and board" lvl 5 mission.

C'mon. I have no premium ship but all this anger about DLCs is frankly speaking an overraction (or a cliché). 

PS: not counting that if you can afford an internet connection you can buy a 10 Euro DLC with ease.

I always think it's funny when folks talk about prices.  I went to the bar Friday and hanged out with some friends.  My tab was 45 dollars mainly cause I bought a round of shots before we left (just three of us).  My point is one little trip to the bar and I spent what the game and DLC pretty much cost (think it's 50 bucks total on sale right now).

Just to clarify im not actually concerned about the actual money because im well aware you can make buckets more if you just do 1st-3rd rate missions or a spot of trading/crafting, its just something i thought worth pointing out because unlike the new paid DLC ships the Yacht is a 0g ship, it just seems a bit odd and when it comes to having more premium ships it will start to add up.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Just to clarify im not actually concerned about the actual money because im well aware you can make buckets more if you just do 1st-3rd rate missions or a spot of trading/crafting, its just something i thought worth pointing out because unlike the new paid DLC ships the Yacht is a 0g ship, it just seems a bit odd and when it comes to having more premium ships it will start to add up.

Though I do think it should be 0 gold too, it even says that you can't sale the ship but you can still sale it directly to port. I tested it out and got me 23K for a herc now I'll redeem it on that char once the timer is up to see if I get a better Herc than the first.  The Xebec I got my first perk (Very Fast of all things, would love Very Cramp) and not going to touch that one.   I might test the break up to see what we get if we do that.  I assume crap for mats but still the option is there to just keep destroying them every day.  I honestly think the Herc and Xebec need a longer cool down and not the same as the Yatch.  Maybe something like 2-3 days?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I honestly think the Herc and Xebec need a longer cool down and not the same as the Yatch.  Maybe something like 2-3 days?

They cannot (legally) change the cooldown for people that has already bought and paid the ship. So I guess longer cooldown may come just for possible future premium ships.

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, victor said:

So I guess longer cooldown may come just for possible future premium ships.

:(

I was looking forward to a Connie a day for my patrol mission short attention span needs. Now that Connie might not come or be hit with a long cool-down that makes the value very questionable for me.

Maybe we'll get a 12pdr frigate or two, maybe even an 18pdr?  I'll buy em all and then I might forget that I've actually paid for something I can only use every three to four days.

Arrrgh! These eco concessions always take a shit on anything fun in this game...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, victor said:

They cannot (legally) change the cooldown for people that has already bought and paid the ship. So I guess longer cooldown may come just for possible future premium ships.

So this means that they cannot legally nerf or buff them as well?

2 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

So this means that they cannot legally nerf or buff them as well?

WoT has indirectly (global rebalance) nerfed premium tanks, though they generally try to avoid annoying customers.

I bet the alpha tag or pre-release status give some legal leeway, if that is even needed at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

I was looking forward to a Connie a day for my patrol mission short attention span needs. Now that Connie might not come or be hit with a long cool-down that makes the value very questionable for me.

Maybe we'll get a 12pdr frigate or two, maybe even an 18pdr?  I'll buy em all and then I might forget that I've actually paid for something I can only use every three to four days.

Arrrgh! These eco concessions always take a shit on anything fun in this game...

Santa Cecilia maybe?

The admin already stated that the cooldown for premium ships will be based on the combined labor hour usage of crafting the ship.

So the xebec and herc don't take long to make. Where a santa cecillia or a connie would take more than 2 days to make. So premium content for them would be 48+ hr cooldown.

But start doing that for a bunch of ships and then you may as well not have an OW to speak of. Would be as good as killing the OW NA we know. NAL failed, sorry guys.

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's enough to shut down the game and they can do it 100% legally, but it's funny listening to people saying Devs can't legally adjust DLC content.

They may legally be able to change things but if they are not careful they can leave themselves open to people requesting refunds. There have been cases where games companies have been successfully taken to court regarding in game items that were purchased with real money. Its still a grey area as many judges do not see intangible objects as having value. but as precedent is set from previous cases the ruling will develop. There was a case in Holland if I remember correctly regarding purchased in-game items and another in the US with regards to Linden Labs and second Life.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

But start doing that for a bunch of ships and then you may as well not have an OW to speak of. Would be as good as killing the OW NA we know.

So the OW lives and dies on whether there are none, some or many premium ships? How many until critical mass for destruction is reached?

By extention you're saying that too many people would "take the easy way" and use premium ships, right? That it would "ruin" the economy and crafting, right?

Soooo, what you're actually saying is that there are not enough true lovers of eco to keep the wheels running if normal people had optional access to ships outside of the economy? Even with the rather high threshold of paying real money for them?

People here have told me that guys like me are a sad little annoying minority while there are thousands of eco lovers. But as soon as there is an alternative to the terribly important, highly meaningful and super fun eco/crafting gameplay it will all fall apart?

If we get FREEDOM (sandbox buzzword) to opt out of eco gameplay all is lost?

Eco needs that EVERYONE is FORCED (not a sandbox buzzword) to partake in eco gameplay, no matter their taste?

I'm confused...

• Like 1

So after destroying a third Hercules I get this drop at no cost in gold or time spent,  just needed to wait a few days. If more ships are going to be released as premium, why bother crafting if it's going to be this easy to get a good ship.

Herc.png.4b0d3778af3ec57167128ef2257191db.png

4 hours ago, William Wade said:

a few days

4 hours ago, William Wade said:

this easy

Don't really see the issue here.... few days to get a semi decent build? If you argue like this, then the same can be said for normal crafting where you aren't even restricted by time... farm some gold and build away without limit. And even if we ignore the fact that people who paid for the premium ships help fund the game, I don't see how it is unbalanced to get potentially one 5th and one 6th rate ship every 24h...

23 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's enough to shut down the game and they can do it 100% legally, but it's funny listening to people saying Devs can't legally adjust DLC content.

go on laughing then ... but that's it: since DLC was sold as a specific digital good, they can of course shut down the game but they cannot change a specific digital good after they have sold it. It would be a breach of contract.

Edited by victor

On 6/24/2018 at 7:36 PM, jodgi said:

TBH devs are caught in crossfire here: if premium ships are "good" they would sell good (and this will mean new resources for development) but there will be an outrage for "P2W", otherwise they will not sell much and this will be bad for the game future (no money no development).

They have to choose the lesser evil (that, in my opinion, would be making good premium ships). 

Edited by victor