Game-Labs Forum

New type of ship class . (Galleon , WarGalleon)

Also i really like Spanish Galleons , they can carry a lot of cargo and they have a lot of guns per deck . Seriously I came with this idea because this ship can improve trading and war . Like frigates and 3rt ranks ships , in game must be galleon class .

Here is some examples of my idea .

If you have any other idea for this class of ship , put them here .

Edited by Captan Thomas Fremantle
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CaptainSparcklesss said:

Like frigates and 3rt ranks ships , in game must be galleon class .

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Obsolete mostly by the game period...

I fear Vernon is right, Galleons weren‘t the ships of choice anymore in the period this game is set (~1700+ to 1800+).

46 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Obsolete mostly by the game period...  Ingermanland is already in-game and mostly useless...  but pretty.

EDIT: And the Ingermanland is NOT pretty.. It's an eyesore almost the size of the wappen v. hamburg.

3 hours ago, CaptainSparcklesss said:

Also i really like Spanish Galleons , they can carry a lot of cargo and they have a lot of guns per deck . Seriously I came with this idea because this ship can improve trading and war . Like frigates and 3rt ranks ships , in game must be galleon class .

Here is some examples of my idea .

If you have any other idea for this class of ship , put them here .

Galleons were notoriously bad sailers and even in the late 16th century they were considered ill-suited for fighting. The spanish actually adopted the convoy system and revolutionized early frigate designs due to the very nature of the Galleons being unable to manouver in a fleet engagement. Basically the galleon adopted the new gunplatforms that became prevalent in naval warfare, but were by design unable to adopt the more fluid and moving engagements that the gunplatforms benefitted from. Basically the Ingermanland with less sailing characteristic and less broadside weight (as I recall the galleons had for their time a lot of low caliber guns)..

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Obsolete mostly by the game period...  Ingermanland is already in-game and mostly useless...  but pretty.

Well, I like to sail them :) After with Cr33D we fought Vltra with them, they seem to have started to fancy Ingers as well. It's definitely far from OP, but it has it's uses :) 

No, No, No.

Please no one uses the oldest ship in game now the Ingermanland.  For obvious reasons, it is old.  It is outclassed by EVERYTHING in its rating and even below it.  And it looks like ass. 

Sorry there is a reason why we dont have ships from the 1600s in game.  Even the famous Fluyt isnt in game.   Even though it would be nothing more than a fat Snow. 

9 minutes ago, Odol said:

No, No, No.

Please no one uses the oldest ship in game now the Ingermanland.  For obvious reasons, it is old.  It is outclassed by EVERYTHING in its rating and even below it.  And it looks like ass. 

Sorry there is a reason why we dont have ships from the 1600s in game.  Even the famous Fluyt isnt in game.   Even though it would be nothing more than a fat Snow. 

On the contrary, at least one player, Privateer, uses the Imgermanland to wicked effect. It's sailing profile makes it one of the most dangerous 4th rates in OW.

• Like 5

On 1/20/2018 at 10:01 PM, vazco said:

Many people use it :) 4th rates, except for Wasa, are very well balanced. Each ship has it's uses, weak and strong sides.

The question is, when was the last time you saw a Inger used in a PB or in OW hunting outside of the PVE server and random PVE npc grinds?

2 hours ago, Odol said:

The question is, when was the last time you saw a Inger used in a PB or in OW hunting outside of the PVE server and random PVE npc grinds?

More or less, every day :) I use one, and people I sail with use them too. People we fight with also use them, I see one in enemy's hands approx. every 2 days.

Inger is balanced, only it's BR is not balanced. That's why it's not used in PB's (like all other 4th rates except for Wasa).

Ok , I am agree with you all , I know galleons are slow and bad manouvrablee,  but they are strong with a lot of guns , big and beautiful and they have a lot of space in the magazines , it can be usefull to transport cargo and looting other ships . Maybe one ore two gallons will make success because people will buy them .

7 hours ago, CaptainSparcklesss said:

Ok , I am agree with you all , I know galleons are slow and bad manouvrablee,  but they are strong with a lot of guns , big and beautiful and they have a lot of space in the magazines , it can be usefull to transport cargo and looting other ships . Maybe one ore two gallons will make success because people will buy them .

Galleons had a lot of SMALL guns... you have to remember they are 17th century ships, that were mostly armed with much lower caliber guns than were found on ships of the same size 100-200 years later.   

• 1 year later...