Game-Labs Forum

A Cunning GB Plan...

Norfolk nChance

20 minutes ago, Guardian1351 said:

If you honestly think AUSEZ was the only clan that was peeved at the Council then you must be living in La la land. We gave the council chance after chance to get your crap in order and all you did was fart arse around and argue with each other. Note the fact that Britain controls all of the Western map, yeah, that was AUSEZ mostly. Yeah, we jumped off the Titanic, but you're the idiots who crashed it in the first place.

You took undefended ports.  Congrats.

The only fully contested win this nation has was Soto which was orchestrated by VCO/TF and a good collection of other clans.  After that first week in the gulf working together and the first PaP AUSEZ and ARMED involvement within the nation vanished.  We were told you guys had multiple first rates and fleets   Never did see them in action.  

Who you guys kidding. The going got tough and you guys go going.  AUSEZ has always beena nation flipping clan.  King of Crowns and his guys forced you out, it's ok to admit it.  

Good luck farming fleets with the Danes.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christendom said:

You took undefended ports.  Congrats.

The only fully contested win this nation has was Soto which was orchestrated by VCO/TF and a good collection of other clans.  After that first week in the gulf working together and the first PaP AUSEZ and ARMED involvement within the nation vanished.  We were told you guys had multiple first rates and fleets   Never did see them in action.  

Who you guys kidding. The going got tough and you guys go going.  AUSEZ has always beena nation flipping clan.  King of Crowns and his guys forced you out, it's ok to admit it.  

Good luck farming fleets with the Danes.  

excuse me??? ARMED were at the 2nd also there was at least 6 in the pb and there were a couple in the screeners, SLM was a terrible time for me as it was 1 am Monday morning and the rest have been while i was at work just remember ARMED is made up of AUS&NZ TZ players so we commit to what we can in our time zone and out side if we can make it  

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

How can we get our single focus? We operate a single clan principle, or a GB Task Force [GBTT].

To some extent this is how France works.

We made a Discord for text chat (it's free! and runs right in your browser. I have still not downloaded the app). All clans coordinate and text-chat through Discord. Mainly it's leaders and representatives talking business.

This is nice because we can casually keep up and ask questions and not have to schedule a meeting (ugh!) and Discord keeps a log of chat so you can log in 4 hours later and catch up on the conversation.

So France is a mishmash of guilds but mostly we are on the same page via Discord. I encourage some British clan to set this up and start inviting other Brit leaders and officers into it.

But another thing, which I keep bringing up and cannot emphasize enough, is that France is full of people who build PvP ships and go PvP. Pirates are too. This is how you get good at the game. When the port battle goes to hell and chaos breaks out, 25 individual captains who know how to PvP is better than the best "port battle commander". No PB commander can oversee 25 ships and dictate their every move. You need captains with real experience and Britain lacks this.

British players on the whole seem to be people who think you play this game by building lineships, showing up at port battles and duking it out......having had little to no PvP experience during the prior week (or month, or ever).

To get good at port battles, you need to start by going out there every day in something like a Bermuda Cedar Cerberus or Surprise and hunting and fighting. British ship builders need to turn everything on its head and crank out PvP ships for a week and just go "get sunk". 1 day's labor is more than enough to fully outfit a Cerberus. (Mix in some Surprises for front guns.)

I mean, don't literally suicide into the enemy of course. Run from fights that look bad. But give things a shot. If you're not sure then fight a little and THEN run away.

Britain needs experienced PvP captains and to get that they need PvP ships and PvP groups and....PvP.

You cannot win through grinding missions, owning 1st rates or basically carebearing it up. Everything comes down to the basic need to go out and PvP.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 4

P.S.

AUSEZ have probably killed their own clan if they went Danish. I don't know who they plan to fight. To the best of my knowledge, daytime France is too thin. For sure, Danes have no American time zone presence so if it's war, it's night flip vs night flip. Only AUSEZ and CCCP have any serious Oceanic time zone presence and the only thing CCCP does is mission grind. You'll also find CCCP is extremely uninviting to newcomers and will no-joke try to grief you out of the game if you're not on 100% on board with them.

I can understand being upset at the Brits and wanting to switch teams but you should be fighting the Danes. They are probably your only real enemy. (If you had joined France, we would have been easily convinced to re-declare war with the Danes and let you fight them during your hours. I'm baffled at you joining the only team you could have had a fun war against. Even the Dutch would be a more interesting choice to join.)

Edited by Slamz

12 minutes ago, Slamz said:

To some extent this is how France works.

We made a Discord for text chat (it's free! and runs right in your browser. I have still not downloaded the app). All clans coordinate and text-chat through Discord. Mainly it's leaders and representatives talking business.

This is nice because we can casually keep up and ask questions and not have to schedule a meeting (ugh!) and Discord keeps a log of chat so you can log in 4 hours later and catch up on the conversation.

So France is a mishmash of guilds but mostly we are on the same page via Discord. I encourage some British clan to set this up and start inviting other Brit leaders and officers into it.

We already have this in place.  The PvP 1 clans brought this with, even insisted on it for the GB nation.  This was SOP for the the PvP 1 US/Brit/Dutch alliance going back for about a year.

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The way I see it, they have only been attacked at one port and they lost it.

So let me see which is better.

0 wins, 1 loss

vs

1 win, 4 loss

Hmm...

20% vs 0%

They have been attacked over and over since Camel Toe repeatedly. PB wins ver Pirate don't mean jack, lets us see 1st PB, US ver Brits,,  The US  is going to stomp them into the ground and not even clean up the floor, they going to leave the bodies and use them to hold the flags up.

40 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

They have been attacked over and over since Camel Toe repeatedly. PB wins ver Pirate don't mean jack, lets us see 1st PB, US ver Brits,,  The US  is going to stomp them into the ground and not even clean up the floor, they going to leave the bodies and use them to hold the flags up.

What are you on about?

US lost Savannah in a fight with the Pirates, the ONLY fight they have had with the pirates of note.

I wont mention Isla, or West End.

The GB has won at PaP 1, and lost the second time.  

Then lost Trinadad, Les Careys, Georgetown and Montego.

13 minutes ago, Hodo said:

What are you on about?

US lost Savannah in a fight with the Pirates, the ONLY fight they have had with the pirates of note.

I wont mention Isla, or West End.

The GB has won at PaP 1, and lost the second time.  

Then lost Trinadad, Les Careys, Georgetown and Montego.

Lol Isla they have fought 2x and west end and they lost all, but they came to fight.  The Point I am making is they came to fight those 3 battle didn't win but they came. Sav don't really even count as they refliped it and gave up but they still came.

Edited by JobaSet

7 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Lol Isla they have fought 2x and west end and they lost all, but they came to fight.  The Point I am making is they came to fight those 3 battle didn't win but they came. Sav don't really even count as they refliped it and gave up but they still came.

Isla has only been fought once.  The US has had 2 fully contested PB loses to the pirates, 1 to GB.  Isla, West End and Soto respectively.  Savannah was a no show by the US and everyone knows what happened there.  

GB has had 1 full contested PB win against the US and 1 fully contested PB loss against the pirates.  

8 hours ago, JobaSet said:

@koltes This whole thing reminds me of camel toe 1 we had almost no ports  around 8 people online in prim time.  But I and a few others put a Plan together.  While more than 50% of black said we could not do it. We didn't have the man power constant bitching from everyone.  But the Call was made to do it anyway win, lose, or fail.  Everyone Had to participate.   Needless to Say the US and British Players got slaughtered.  Fun for everyone.  We had more Operations after that with each harder and more complex than the previous one.  Ending with Lone ranger where we took every single Silver Port.  That is how you get better keep doing things that seem impossible until they are not.  You get knocked down and it will happen(1st attempt on PaP) do it again, do it smarter, never stop.  When we have a lose we look at it differently,  you are sharping our weapons for the next fight.

Side Note: Every single Port battle we were out numbered.

think you need to re-check the records fella. Some guy decided to take the whole nation on single handed and lock you out of the Port Battles. You could frustratingly only do one as Santa Fe popped. Ned Dead Ned just a little upset for a time... that was definitely Camel Toe....

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

think you need to re-check the records fella. Some guy decided to take the whole nation on single handed and lock you out of the Port Battles. You could frustratingly only do one as Santa Fe popped. Ned Dead Ned just a little upset for a time... that was definitely Camel Toe....

I will wait for an edit, I don't understand what you said

On 7/21/2017 at 0:47 PM, Christendom said:

Isla has only been fought once.  The US has had 2 fully contested PB loses to the pirates, 1 to GB.  Isla, West End and Soto respectively.  Savannah was a no show by the US and everyone knows what happened there.  

GB has had 1 full contested PB win against the US and 1 fully contested PB loss against the pirates.  

Savannah has had two PB's, but we know they did't even try to fight the first time even though they had the odds and forts on there sides.  The Second time they brought mostly 4/5th rates to it thinking we might not have our Line Ships up there tied up from the empty GB port battle we had that morning at I think SLM (well a few AUZ guys did pop in).   The key to that was we made sure every one had extra SOl's before we moved the area we fought in.  We aren't locked into one or two Port Battle ships for each type. Though I wouldn't call it a contested fight as they turn and ran too.   So really the only good battles have been PnP out side the first one and inside the second one, West End, Key west (Isma) and Soto that had full fleets (can't speak for the Dane/French fights).  That honestly isn't many actual port battles in what now over 2 months since patch?  I was expecting a bit more than that. 

What i think Joba is saying they prob have more active PvPers than GB does right now, but when you look at it it's prob around the same.   All nations prob need more PvPers other than pirates.   That is the biggest problem, but folks got to remember even the econ trader guys can fight, if they have a reason and some of them turn into some really great PvPers if they are pushed a bit to do so.  =

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

folks got to remember even the econ trader guys can fight, if they have a reason and some of them turn into some really great PvPers if they are pushed a bit to do so.

Just takes one good day of OW RvR non stop fights during an entire evening for a player ( or players ) that spent months in a corner doing missions and trade to become blood lust beasts. There's no coming back.

Also the truth is, it must be a balanced outcome, both defeats and wins, and even defeats must be felt like a proper contest and understood. Not the usual stomp.

While many play for filling buckets of grief ( for some reason unintelligible to some of the older gamer generations ) others play for good sense of fun and disregard ego-rants with a passion. 

Play fair. Play honest. Every battle is different. In one everything works out. The next one everything goes wrong. Keep learning.

• Like 1

GB needs to practice. The lack of will to fight of this nation is critical and brits have to renew with self-confidence. I suggest that:

1) Find an enemy, not too big, not too small, someone who can fill 25 lineship PB

2) Go at war, not a total war, don't try to one port your opponent, keep it soft, don't screen with a swarm of trash ships and face 25v25 PBs

3) You will fight against ppl maybe not as experienced as pirates, you will sink enemies, get sank, just PLAY the damn game

4) The goal is to find the leaders AND the core players, gathering your nation around achievements and victories, then see what can be improved individually and collectively

5) Finally, face pirates with a real 30 players team of experienced and enraged captains

• Like 2

Only problem GB has is morale. Solve the morale problem and they become a dangerous opponent to anyone.

Practices, coordination, Econ etc.... It all comes second in importance to morale.   It's the same for every single nation in the game. Smaller nations have an easier time with morale maintenance. It's their one advantage over large ones.  If a USA or Brit leadership team emerges that understands morale maintenance none of us are stopping them.  But we might have a lot of fun trying.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pelennor said:

1) Find an enemy, not too big, not too small, someone who can fill 25 lineship PB

2) Go at war, not a total war, don't try to one port your opponent, keep it soft, don't screen with a swarm of trash ships and face 25v25 PBs

I would suggest, easier than the above, just get fleet perk 1, at a minimum, build 2 ships for PvP, stock some repairs in them and sail to a neutral port vaguely near enemy waters. Park one ship, go PvP til you die, then use the second ship and do the same, then go get more ships.

I've always thought the problem with port battles is you tend to get a lot of captains in there that have no PvP experience. Even if they attend every port battle, so many of those result in no serious action that it's hard to build up your PvP expertise through port battles.

I realize there is a group that plays this game purely for the 25v25 experience and disdains anything that is not a port battle but it's just a sea full of self-declared admirals who have no real combat experience. They need to spend time out on patrol, to work their way up and really earn the helm of that premier warship. Just sliding into it after 500 hours of PvE does not really qualify them for it.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Slamz said:

I would suggest, easier than the above, just get fleet perk 1, at a minimum, build 2 ships for PvP, stock some repairs in them and sail to a neutral port vaguely near enemy waters. Park one ship, go PvP til you die, then use the second ship and do the same, then go get more ships.

I've always thought the problem with port battles is you tend to get a lot of captains in there that have no PvP experience. Even if they attend every port battle, so many of those result in no serious action that it's hard to build up your PvP expertise through port battles.

I realize there is a group that plays this game purely for the 25v25 experience and disdains anything that is not a port battle but it's just a sea full of self-declared admirals who have no real combat experience. They need to spend time out on patrol, to work their way up and really earn the helm of that premier warship. Just sliding into it after 500 hours of PvE does not really qualify them for it.

This is why I sail 6th and 7th rates.  They are easy and cheap PVP ships that once you get some experience in them are honestly hard to beat.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hodo said:

This is why I sail 6th and 7th rates.  They are easy and cheap PVP ships that once you get some experience in them are honestly hard to beat.  

Teamwork ! ... can be trained by good use of all 7th and 6th rates. 

22 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Teamwork ! ... can be trained by good use of all 7th and 6th rates. 

A wolf pack of 6th or 7th rates is a VERY scary thing, because you cant out run them.  And they can easily take down far bigger targets.

13 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

I'd really like to see the humble Cutter get more use.

The Cutter is the ONLY 7th rate I absolutely hate.  Single mast, WAY low weather deck, bad cargo capacity.   Just a lot to not to like about that ship.  I honestly sail the Lynx because it is a damned fine looking ship, it looks fast, is fast, and handles like a sports car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Yeah, I took out a TCutter last night that should have escaped me simply by demasting.  Easy to go from 100 to 0 in a Cutter.  Just feels bad, never seeing it used :(

BTW, the invitation to join the Free Tribes is still on the table ;)

The invitation is appreciated and I am flattered sir.  But I am currently British and I fight for the crown.  (when the letters of marque are there.)

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions.

I think there is a huge amount of talent in GB Nation and not just in the large clans but the small ones too that get overlooked at times. Hopefully the Cunning Plan as done its job with the powers that be.

The GB Forced Multiplier is eight-man teams working together. NOT eight clan members, but Nation players. At any one time, this can out pace any Nation when we have one clean and focused goal.

Easy for me to preach, remember I am a Cult Leader, but we are now taking steps in the right direction.

Thank you all,

Norfolk nChance [GB Nation [ELITE]]

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1