Game-Labs Forum

Duel and Clan Tournaments

HachiRoku

Greetings Captains
I am sad to inform you all that I think the pvp on the server is getting less and less competitive. We dont have the level of skill we used to have in battles and that also includes myself and many other players I know were better sailors in the past. Alot of us skilled captains are forced to sealclub around nation capitals and I want that to stop now. Im sick of not having challenge.

We as a community should be getting pvp back into game and not the devs.  We should be organizing 2v2s, 3v3s with ships like connies, trincs endymions(ships that dont sail 12 knots into wind and have 4+ turn rates). Sailing ships with no permanent upgrades would be better for myself and I guess for most of you too. That way only expendable ships die. If captured ships should be returned to owner out of respect in my opinion. 

I want to challenge  Redii,  Northern Viking,  Anolytic to a Connie duel. 

EXILE wants to challenge TBD.

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, SteelSandwich said:

Feel free to organizr another tournament.

would very much appreciate another tournament - however I think that's going to be a bit hard, without any lobby rooms now, making sure every participant is at the right place on the OW at the same time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquicity said:

would very much appreciate another tournament - however I think that's going to be a bit hard, without any lobby rooms now, making sure every participant is at the right place on the OW at the same time

And keep that locale secret from disruptive elements that just wants 14 minutes of fame...

I liked the tournament that we had before, and I'd probably join another one. I'd like another chance to bring repairs...

I'm happy to duel you @HachiRoku, although I don't think that it would be any great match. I've never made claim to be a particularly convincing dueller or OW PvP-er. Danmark-Norge has many players that would be a better match for you and be more worthwhile as opponents. Also, I haven't sailed a Connie for a year, and it wasn't high on my list of ships to build, so I'd prefer any duel to be in a different ship.

What about PVP "newbies" :)

i would like to learn PVP aswell. Probably i am no match for you guys, but i would like to become one.

I may not be the worst, but definetly dont belong to the best ^^

Maybe tournaments with different categories? For the skill lvl as for the ship types?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Make a date for the tournament and take a Location everyone could reach. Maybe La navasse?

Everyone gets the opportunity to place a ship there within 3 day for example.

11 minutes ago, Abram Svensson said:

What about PVP "newbies" :)

i would like to learn PVP aswell. Probably i am no match for you guys, but i would like to become one.

I may not be the worst, but definetly dont belong to the best ^^

Maybe tournaments with different categories? For the skill lvl as for the ship types?

I like that idea. In POTBS there was a newbie tournament created by a player, unfortunately it never ended up happening, but that would be a cool idea. I really would like to see the small battle room come back for training, no ship loss. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Cause I hate the Conni I don't have one. I think we even wrote PM's because of that. You use that to your advantage! :P 

Would be up for it but not in a Conni. I'm in general pretty lazy on building ships so maybe just teak teak frigates?

there is a reason people shouldnt duel in surprises and frigates, They are to fast upwind and in my opinion very overpowered ships and I like dueling for the wind. People that use those kinds of ships alot struggle with bigger ship duels. Ive seen you sail Endymions so Ill duel you in one of those?

BTW you can challenge me to duel you in whatever you like. If you want a sol duel you need to lend me one :))

Edited by HachiRoku

16 hours ago, Liquicity said:

id ask you too but you know we have fought alot and I really want to ask people ive never dueled. If you want to we could do one....

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, North said:

@HachiRoku Not sure why i make your list:blink: kinda wanted to know why i got the honor to be on it as i Don't see the reason:o but would be up for it when im home againB)

Regards

NorthViking 

cause I know your name and you dont know someone until you duel them :)

Oak/Oak Cerberus with Mediums costs 60k and 1200LHs to make. A cheap way for duels.

Same build for the Frigate costs 75k and 1800LH, still managable.

Trinc costs 130k and 2500LHs, thats quite much already.

Connies and Endys are too expensive cuz of the marks imo.