Game-Labs Forum

Some really....really...bad apples (and some good ones)

Update-They actually tried to bribe me so that I would remove my tribunal and video against them. Sorry but I dont take blood money.

Note-Due to the replies here, I can conclude its only a few bad apples. 

However, I will point out there are 4-5 people here accusing me and calling me crap for apparently not "sucking it up".

I find it outrageous that people here think breaking rules is fine and that I am the one who should be yelled at while these teamkillers go free?

If you want to accuse me of griefing then fine. 

But dont defend these people to the point of accusing me of being a horrible person/little kid who refuses to let this go. If we dont stop these 2 people now, who knows what they are going to do next? 

I didnt start this dicussion to be yelled at and told that its my fault.

Thanks to everyone who has been positive this entire time though.

So I am just sailing with my friend karter, having a good time in naval action.

We hop into battle and see some ships we want to capture. 

I decide to capture a snow, but then decide not to after this Cerberus tells me not to. Anyways he orders me to use chain and I do so. Its all working out fine....until I accidentally ram the snow and tip him over. Recognizing, this mistake, I repeatedly profusely apologize.

Guess what happens?

He and his buddy actually sink me. Literally they take me from a full health brig to a sunk brig. And their explanation is "dont mess with us".

When I told them I would report them, they laughed at me and said that everyone would laugh at me cause I accidentally tipped over a trader (apparently that bad?).

Edit-When they see that people are actually against team killing, they send deviant to bribe me (he even admits it). However I do not take the bribe and continue the tribunal. 

After nearly 60 hours in naval action, I am actually prepared to stop playing because of people who act like this.

Video Notes

-When typing to my friend in TS (who is the one speaking in the background since I dont have a mic), I call these people "faggots"for sinking me. When I use the term, it is simply a cuss word I use when I angry, not a word intentionally trying to bash the LGBT community (I was pretty angry and shocked because of their actions). 

-When I use the word "fucking" in the phrase "Im really fuckin sorry" it is obviously meant to stress the word sorry, not used as an insult to anyone. 

-I attempted to warn them to stop shooting me by saying "I will upload to youtube" and "I know people". These were threats but they were mainly meant to get them to stop shooting me. The reason I am here is because their response was "go right ahead, people will laugh at you etc." while still shooting me until I was sunk.

-I accidentally hit Shoklar(as in slightly rammed him) twice, the first because I was trying to slow down the snow and accidentally turned into Shoklar (which I apologized for) and the 2nd time was when I accidentally hit his stern when my boat tipped into the snow (again apologizing profusely). I clearly apologized for both incidents, of which I am sorry for. However, I did apologize, which does not excuse them sinking my ship. This is highly true for DarkSilver, who I had no contact with until he sunk me with volley after volley

-I did not fire back once or fire into either Shoklar/DarkSilver at all during this time. I held my fire and made no provocative statements while apologizing multiple times for accidentally tipping the trader snow they wanted yet they continued to shoot me and eventually sink me. 

-As shown by the video, the names of the teamkillers are DarkSilver and Shoklar

Edited by NiMiTz

So I am just sailing with my friend karter, having a good time in naval action.

We hop into battle and see some ships we want to capture. 

I decide to capture a snow, but then decide not to after this Cerberus tells me not to. Anyways he orders me to use chain and I do so. Its all working out fine....until I accidentally ram the snow and tip him over. Recognizing, this mistake, I repeatedly profusely apologize.

Guess what happens?

He and his buddy actually sink me. Literally they take me from a full health brig to a sunk brig. And their explanation is "dont mess with us".

When I told them I would report them, they laughed at me and said that everyone would laugh at me cause I accidentally tipped over a trader (apparently that bad?).

After nearly 60 hours in naval action, I am actually prepared to stop playing because of people who act like this.

[Video will be inserted here soon, its currently uploading to my youtube channel]

if you have the guys name, post in the Tribunal section, green on green is a bannable offense.

• Like 1

Mr. NiMiTz, I'm terribly sorry to see this sort of conduct in the game. Every community has their brand of, well, let's just say ***holes here and there who have no regard for any form of respect for others, and its truly unfortunate to see this here.

I hope this does not serve to be a representation of the NA community's personality as a whole.

• Like 1

That's a shame and totally uncalled for but hardly grounds for labeling the game as having the worst community. I've heard of far far worse in other PvP games; personal attacks, slander, physical violence and even sabotage :wacko:

I hope this gets looked into though and some warnings given as that's not cool and in general I've found the game to have a really good community..but I play on the PvE server so thats always less toxic anyway.

Reposting this from my response in your tribunal post:

"Well, I was in this same match and I love how you left half of the actual thing out of the video/story. First of all, they clearly asked you from the beginning of the match not to mess with the snow they were trying to capture, which you agreed to. Then, not 30 seconds later, you started "helping" them by shooting the snow with cannon balls, not chain or grape. Then you flip it. You say it was accidental, but the general feeling of the whole thing is that you intentionally did it. Was it wrong to sink you? Maybe, but why are you even there ruining someone else's capture anyway? You said you were there for the brig. We all agreed it was yours. After that, this was all on you from what I saw."

I had high hopes for the community in this game because it was great during alpha, but now I don't know...

The british chat on PvP one is horrible at times. There seem to be no moderators at all. People are free to adopt whatever abusive behaviour they like, without repercussions. There is, for instance, this individual called Nathaniel LaBelle (I think?) who jumps at every opportunity to share his views on how "niggers" and "muslims" are taking over the world and abuses everyone who opposes him, calling them all sorts of things.

Seriously? We need moderators and we need them NOW. And don't tell me to just ignore them. I do ignore some of them, but I also don't think that these people should be left to continue their abuse. Simply ignoring them is, in a way, accepting their behaviour.

• Like 2

You were very quick to label the community as the "worst game community ever" just because you had 1 bad experience. I do see you've wrote since you have noticed it is just a few bad apples, but your rashness to label the majority as "bad apples" in the first place is uncalled for. This thread shouldn't exist here if you have a tribunal thread, it's pointless drama.

I watched the video and I have to say, what were you doing lol? why did you think "ramming" the Snow would be acceptable if those guys were trying to capture it? you're damaging the ship and giving it leaks by ramming. You also managed to ram straight into the other player. Then, for some reason, you didn't learn anything from that fail, you tried to ram it again and flipped the Snow.

Considering what Deviant just said and the video only shows what happened and what was said from a certain point onward, I do wonder if you've told the story in full. According to him you said you were there for the Brig and they agreed, yet you went for the Snow and not only sunk it with stupid ramming, but you rammed the other player in doing so. I personally don't condone Green on Green / Team killing, but I don't feel this thread or this video paints you in a good light either.

I'd say instead of spending your time making videos and tribunals, spend that time getting better at the game and how to avoid conflict with your fellow Nation players. I.e learning not to ram a ship when someone wants to capture it, especially not to ram the person trying to capture it, also on how to use manual sails because it was painful watching you turn into the wind without moving your sails at all  :D.

I wish the title of this topic was changed, since OP already realized that he just happened to encounter a few rotten apples.

Imho, this game has the best community in a game that I've encountered in a long time. I realize this might differ from nation to nation, but at least the Verenigde Provinciën are awesome in that regard. New players are welcomed, and people take their time to answer all their questions, help them out, and even teach them in one-on-ones. 

When something lame happens, it gets sorted out. Yesterday one dutch player "stole" an AI trader from another player by jumping his battle. This was resolved in chat and compensation for loot and ship was offered and then (if I read it correctly) rejected with an "Nah, it's fine mate, just don't do that again". 

Whenever bad things were said (insults, racism or stuff like that) the culprits were swiftly reprimanded by others, simply by stating that such behaviour is not tolerated by the community.

Sure, there will always be rotten apples. This is still the internet after all. But on the whole this community is as good as it gets nowadays. I sure hope we can keep it that way, even though I'm sure it will be heavily challenged when more people come in.

• Like 1

I had high hopes for the community in this game because it was great during alpha, but now I don't know...

The british chat on PvP one is horrible at times. There seem to be no moderators at all. People are free to adopt whatever abusive behaviour they like, without repercussions. There is, for instance, this individual called Nathaniel LaBelle (I think?) who jumps at every opportunity to share his views on how "niggers" and "muslims" are taking over the world and abuses everyone who opposes him, calling them all sorts of things.

Seriously? We need moderators and we need them NOW. And don't tell me to just ignore them. I do ignore some of them, but I also don't think that these people should be left to continue their abuse. Simply ignoring them is, in a way, accepting their behaviour.

use the inngame report function... 

This sucks, sorry you ran into a pair of idiots. Sadly this is the sort of thing that often happens in muliplayer games. The best we can do is report them via the standard means and move on. To be fair to Naval Action its one of the friendliest communities i've played with but sadly you always have bad apples around.

Reposting this from my response in your tribunal post:

"Well, I was in this same match and I love how you left half of the actual thing out of the video/story. First of all, they clearly asked you from the beginning of the match not to mess with the snow they were trying to capture, which you agreed to. Then, not 30 seconds later, you started "helping" them by shooting the snow with cannon balls, not chain or grape. Then you flip it. You say it was accidental, but the general feeling of the whole thing is that you intentionally did it. Was it wrong to sink you? Maybe, but why are you even there ruining someone else's capture anyway? You said you were there for the brig. We all agreed it was yours. After that, this was all on you from what I saw."

This is actually the impression I got from reading the OP here too. Joined someone else`s battle, acted stupid ("accidentally" ramming twice and flipping once), got a proper response and then starts whining.

Edited by Voltaire1512

Everyone who's complaining about poor behavior should go play for a smaller nation.

I almost always have people join my trader hunts near Havana unannounced. But I simply ask them 'please do not shoot roundshot, use chain,' and they have complied every single time. Never had anyone try to steal a prize from me, ram me, FF, etc. In return I try and teach them how to chase.

• Like 1

So far so good I had the plasure of having some good Basic Cutters folk enter my chases. Nice exchange of talk and doubts lifted and some tips shared.

I can remember one situation where the action was overwhelming and the steering was sub-par but it can happen.

I take it more as my responsability as a senior captain to keep an eye on the situation and avoid any course that lead to a collision.

NIMITz, don't blame the community for the actions of a few morons. Overall I find the majority of players are excellent, respectful and helpful. Even when fighting an "enemy" player from anouther in-game nation, the ones who lose often say "Well done" and the winning side says something like "Good fight".

Cheers,
Admiral 8Q