Game-Labs Forum

Please Fix The Xp Leveling Is The Worst!

So this game the xp grinding is real and not fun one bit. After a view missions its just dull and super boring. Turning a lot of people off from the game including myself. One of the worst Grinding Sims ive ever played =/ Game has much hope but not with this bad xp system.

• Like 2

Well I think the hope and expectation is that they fix the kill and assist experience that they had before the wipe. That made leveling a bit more fun because you would do it in a large PvE fleet taking out large targets. The current system is pretty mind numbing with missions being one of the best way to level up.

• Like 1

Well idk maybe more xp for doing other things, exploring ect. Or just more xp gains for battles ect. 50 xp is straight dumb.

You get a lot more experience for fighting players.  Even a losing battle can net you a nice gain.  Go where there are players, mix it up and earn some experience.  :)

Well, you get xp from the mission as well as the battle. So in a gppd fight that would result in 100 xp per fight. Which, fpr the first rank, is not bad at all.

As henry kindly mentioned avove, you can participate in pvp foghts, in which 200% gold/xp is given. You can also participate in port batlles, 400%.

Another very efficient manner is events.

Whereas against ai you are capable of firing some shot to kill it in 10 minutes, in large battles your guns will be firing non stop for 40 minutes or so, yielding insane ammounts of xp.

No i dont want a free win(leveling exp) just in my opinion its way too much grind. Even like 100-150 Xp per mission would be better. I mean ive done 10 missions already and not even half way to level 2. That i feel like is a problem and is a huge turn off to a lot of people including myself.

• Like 2

No i dont want a free win(leveling exp) just in my opinion its way too much grind. Even like 100-150 Xp per mission would be better. I mean ive done 10 missions already and not even half way to level 2. That i feel like is a problem and is a huge turn off to a lot of people including myself.

Ive noticed on missions that I get between 75-100 xp depending on how much I damage the ship. I heard once you hit rank 3 missions start giving you a 100 xp. Leveling is slow but it makes sense to me. We have persistent profiles that exist across the pvp shards and I thought I read somewhere, if an admin can clarify for me, that future wipes will only be gold, ships, and items but player xp will stick through.

You get a lot more experience for fighting players.  Even a losing battle can net you a nice gain.  Go where there are players, mix it up and earn some experience.   :)

The sad truth is that any PvP fight (if it's not completely arrangend to fight ships of the same class) will reward you less XP per hour than grinding missions. And that's already the main problem that's easy to fix. Make PvP really the fastest way to level (no, the current 50% bonus is not nearly enough to compete with mission grinding) on pair with group PvE against really superior forces (grant a bonus if you are heavily outnumbered) and then we'll bring the challenge back into the grind. Right now it's just do 10.000 missions for any player with competitive ambitions.

• Like 3

Darby I'm pulling 200-300 xp out almost an hour of fighting...and then logging off

Honestly with the present XP im having more fun playing Carrib Blood and Gold...

It also has better boarding mechanics and port battles :P lmao

Cant touch the naval combat in this though, IMO :)  Though Blood and Gold was a fantastic display of pushing the engine to unexpected new limits.

But yeah.  I'd personally like to suggest that the current 1 to 2 level span be shortened by 50%.  The very starting step seems to have alot of people in the group I'm a member of kind of overwhelmed and turned off.  

Edited by Nerdwing

They say they'll be putting the kill and assist xp back where it was next week. Maybe it's something that needed to be done before this crucial first weekend. The way it is now is no doubt turning alot of people away with a first impression of: "Nope, leveling is too boring and grindy".

Perhaps the fix for the exploit that made them change the xp wasn't quite ready yet. Unfortunate.

They have said they will put it back, they haven't said they will put it back to where it was. If they would have wanted to compensate for removing assist/kill XP, they would've increased XP per damage.

Also it remains to be seen if even after they reintroduce it missions still will be the fastest way to level after rank 3. Because there is a high chance they still might be. For that is the way more pertinent problem. I don't mind the grind as such, bigger ships should take some time to get into, but why should the fastest way to level also be the most boring?

Edited by Nathaniel
  • Like 3

I'm always one for making people earn ranks and grinding, but it's really annoying putting my ships on the line and winning PvP battles just for 75xp..I also have a real life and I dislike coming on a game I should be enjoying, but instead running 12+ missions which in all I lost none while taking out almost all armour, best I got was 56xp without the bonus. I thought the old XP was perfect, and you got rewarded for skill but now it's just how quickly you can run missions..I literally grinded for over 8 hours, 2 hours was just sailing to the mission, I understand the XP is permanent but god the grind..

• Like 2

but why should the fastest way to level also be the most boring?

This is exactly the problem. Before, you could do a huge PvE battle with lots of AI and friendlies and end up getting 1-3k xp. Now, you can't. Those huge PvE battles were fun as hell, always different, and enjoyable if you played in a clan/group setting. Now with missions tho, it's dull and repetitive. You are playing solo, for most efficiency, and get 1 of only a few predetermined sets of enemies for the fight. Before the wipe, I couldn't put the game down. Now, I want nothing more than to just get off and go play Rainbow Six for a few hours.

Hopefully when they re-implement the kill/assist xp, it makes PvE fleet combat a viable leveling strategy. We need something other than missions to be reliable leveling method.

• Like 2

they should make pvp get 1,5x  (not small or large battles)  but open world pvp

and port battle x2

for promote pvp

No they should'nt, because there is also a PvE server, 1.5x or any other fix for all plz

Ive noticed on missions that I get between 75-100 xp depending on how much I damage the ship. I heard once you hit rank 3 missions start giving you a 100 xp. Leveling is slow but it makes sense to me. We have persistent profiles that exist across the pvp shards and I thought I read somewhere, if an admin can clarify for me, that future wipes will only be gold, ships, and items but player xp will stick through.

There will be no more wipes.

everybody seems to be intent on grinding instead of enjoying the game. Would it not be boring to have everything in 6months?

6 months would be waaaayyy too long.

Having the ability to sail everything does not equal having everything.

Edited by Snail

This is exactly the problem. Before, you could do a huge PvE battle with lots of AI and friendlies and end up getting 1-3k xp. Now, you can't. Those huge PvE battles were fun as hell, always different, and enjoyable if you played in a clan/group setting. Now with missions tho, it's dull and repetitive. You are playing solo, for most efficiency, and get 1 of only a few predetermined sets of enemies for the fight. Before the wipe, I couldn't put the game down. Now, I want nothing more than to just get off and go play Rainbow Six for a few hours.

Hopefully when they re-implement the kill/assist xp, it makes PvE fleet combat a viable leveling strategy. We need something other than missions to be reliable leveling method.

Dunno why the elitist masochist crowd always insists on the most boring, painful, grindy gameplay...except that...oh yeah. They're elitist masochists :P

everybody seems to be intent on grinding instead of enjoying the game. Would it not be boring to have everything in 6months?

No, We've done this twice already! That's when the game starts.

It's not like this is my dream scenario, but it is what it is.

We have a grinding game, people will grind, we all have to grind to be competitive. This is augmented by the fact we have an equipment based game, not only do you need ships and rank, you also need the right equipment to be competitive.

In games without loss you can have fun while grinding (PVP). In Naval Action it is a terrible idea to grind PVP, it will be fun and you will learn things, but you will will end up far behind the mission and general bot grinders in both XP and gold. The game does not want us to have fun PVP, loss mechanic and economy apparently is far more important.

Relax guys, I've given up a long time ago in regards to loss mechanic. I can deal with it, this is still a fantastic game. I'm still clinging to my last little desperate hope of Yacht like premium ships of higher "tier".

• Like 1