Game-Labs Forum

Getting pulled into battle in front of harbors

I hope i didnt miss a thread concerning this topic, if so: sorry

Recently i got pulled into battle a lot while standing in front of Harbours and deciding where to go/what to do or while waiting for group members to catch up.

It always went like this: Someone else sees a decent target NPC Fleet and taggs it right in front of Gustavia.

After 20 seconds everyone standing there gets pulled into battle, whether that person was afk, docking up, waiting or whatever. And then u end up in big NPC battles or Basic Cutter vs Trader Lynx or something like that,

Thats actually quite annoying, especially in front of harbours.

I'd like some changes to this system like:

-in a certain area in front of harbours, you dont get pulled automatically into the battle but rather have to join it by hand. (mabye add: except if u are in a group with the tagging player)

• Like 2

Yes, getting pulled into battles unexpectedly is rather annoying. I believe that when a player engages another, no matter the faction, or whether they be AI/Player, the ring of attack should be visible for all to see. This way they can navigate outside of the ring in order to not be drawn into the battle.

• Like 2

Yup, I've also seen higher level players coming out of ports in free cutters with the express intent of dragging a much higher BR group into an instance (just to tie them up) by attacking them when a friendly fleet is nearby. An AI fleet in the circle should not count toward BR when the attacking player/s would otherwise be too low in rating.

• Like 1

Yes, getting pulled into battles unexpectedly is rather annoying. I believe that when a player engages another, no matter the faction, or whether they be AI/Player, the ring of attack should be visible for all to see. This way they can navigate outside of the ring in order to not be drawn into the battle.

Or just give those players not in the group of the tagger/tagged the option to join or not

I don't like the idea of the ring imposed on players and forcing them to flee (speedboat) in order to avoid an annoying and possibly costly combat. The default should be to avoid combat unless the player selects the option to join. That way the visuals can remain uncluttered (Ctrl h ) if desired.

For instances where joining an instance is not optional I would still prefer that the battle circle be invisible with Ctrl h.

Edited by Macjimm

on th eopen sea i have no problem with getting pulled into the battle. the ring should be visible to everyone though.

Otherweise it would be really hard to catch a group of players who are running away if u have to pull everyone seperately into battle.

In front of harbours it just is really annoying und not usefull at all

They are related though. Enemies need to know if an ally is getting attacked and in the ring. A tactic right now is to target say an ai trader brig sailing nearby (possibly docking at the port) so the player doesn't see the countdown (and if at a port jump inside). Those players should see that the ai next to them is being targeted and they are going to be pulled into a battle.

Right but this thread was created about friendlies pulling each other into battles outside of ports. Let's keep it on topic so perhaps something will come of it instead of going into separate while similar topics of enemies pulling you into battle outside Harbor with different tactics and being pulled into combat in the open sea by both enemy and friend.

Edited by Frost