Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

Well. Is you say every ship should explode in an hollywood fireball I must agree with Mirones.

Occationally there were fires on board of ships, thats for sure. But its not an everyday's appearance for a ship.

Check out the Youtube videos wich are already posted in this very forum.

You can spread youtube videos as long as they dont show bugs or early testing features wich are not ironed out for the public. Thats the actual treatment. About twich I cant say anything. Thats a new dimension.

Yes you are right that a small amount of ships would catch fire or explode but the fact is there and a small percent should be allowed to burn or explode. Makes the play more realistic and fun.  Thank you Toggman

After seeing the new visual for ship ramming I'm confident this will come!!

With the fantastically beautiful ships, sailing mechanics, and great visuals in place I think there is enough eye candy already in place to dazzle and hold us over for now.

At this point I'm hoping the team sticks with function over form! There are so many other cool features to be developed that I hope take precedence over additional flash like Econ, exploration, factions, etc.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

Looking at the You Tube pictures of the sea battles, I have not seen

burning or explosing ships in these actions. Have I missed something?

Burning and explosing ships are part of sea battles in the age of sail.  I hope some one looks takes a good look at this part of the game.

In naval history it was very rare for a boat to burn or explode in all the glory of any film or painting you may of seen. The powder storage was located blow the water level withing the hull and was well protected so this also ment that it was highly unlikely to explode even after the use of exploding cannon balls where introduced to naval combat. Although i expect there have been some exceptions. Also this is a game so I think for added fun factor this mechanic's maybe introduced at some point after the core mechanics have been developed.

• Like 2

In naval history it was very rare for a boat to burn or explode in all the glory of any film or painting you may of seen. The powder storage was located blow the water level withing the hull and was well protected so this also ment that it was highly unlikely to explode even after the use of exploding cannon balls where introduced to naval combat. Although i expect there have been some exceptions. Also this is a game so I think for added fun factor this mechanic's maybe introduced at some point after the core mechanics have been developed.

Thank you for your response to my question regarding to burning or exploding ships in battle. I have been a long time admirer of sailing ships and the men who man them. I have built many wooden scale models of these magnificent ships and understand the dynamics of them also. Thanks again and look forward to play the game.    Regards Toggman  

I have a quick couple of questions relating to ship damage/sinking mechanics if Admin wouldn't mind shedding some light on.

I know that explosions have been covered and of course we all know that ships sink though my first question relates to how the ship will sink, what I mean is will there be a single sinking model (kind of like Empire Total war where they almost always go down bow first while wobbling around like there stuck in jelly) or will there be various ones i.e. By the bow, by the stern, capsizing or indeed just going straight down?

My second question is on a ships battle damage (flooding again), will the ships free board be reduced as she settles further into the water due to flooding? I read that the performance of the ship will be effected by flooding though I was also wondering if the flooding would cause a ship to list? Hence effecting gunnery/battle effectiveness

Thanks for your time taken to answer my questions

On a side note the game is looking amazing, can't wait to help you guys test it out.

Well pretty sure then some of us will be pissed off in that case. They are good guys and rest seems so...but why when all paid for preorder only few get privilege to get it first? What was mechanism of that? And finally can i get my money back when get disappointed of the game or customer services?

Well pretty sure then some of us will be pissed off in that case. They are good guys and rest seems so...but why when all paid for preorder only few get privilege to get it first? Whay was mechanism of that? And finally can i get my money back when get disappointed of the game or customer services?

+100 with you

Well pretty sure then some of us will be pissed off in that case. They are good guys and rest seems so...but why when all paid for preorder only few get privilege to get it first? What was mechanism of that? And finally can i get my money back when get disappointed of the game or customer services?

It is very easy via paypal ... I did already

Bart!

I know why they do that. One of the resaons for it.

You see, In the game we progress by winning batles with our ships. I am currently trying to win 8 games to get the brig. We start off with Lynx. To get cutter it is 5 wins.

If you send steamcodes for all at once then after a week noone will play lynx and all others frigates.

By spreading it out you will have a group that playes lynx, one that strives to get the brig, some frigate owners and perhaps even furter on,.

Logical thing to do in a test-server. I have seen it before.

Pls remember that this is NOT a final game, this is a testserver. The aim is testning the game.

And the game is SO fun!.

..the thing is if u preorder more than 45 days ago you cant do any complain with paypal purchase anymore;), ..and all we can do is just cry out here in forum, ..i think that is a main reason why they start invites from recently orders not from the oldest one, simple buisnes decision and risk assestment, ...all we can do is get more patiente.

It is very easy via paypal ... I did already

This is a TEST Platform...for testing, finding Bugs, working on Game Balance, ect..

It was explained how Keys would come out in groups over the next week....

So, Bart and Reiser04 and others that have to have a Key now or im going to Quit....I say "No Worries"-----we will tell you what your missing out on......... Then you can really be MAD  :(

Myself  Im waiting..might be even a few more days....it happens......It is a TEST Platform.

• Like 2

I wont rage quit, it just annoys me that in a skype call, I told 5 people about the game, they all bought it, and I was the one to follow it, checking in every day, looking for cool new stuff etc. then when it comes to playing, which they had no idea was going to happen, I cant and they can all because of 'random' selection. Seems BS that 4 out of 5 have it and they all ordered it in a 10 minute window and I ordered it within the first week of pre-order.

I believe I read somewhere that they will be sending batches over the weekend and that we should all have it by Wednesday (it was stated iirc 3-5 days to send all the batches), so worst case from Friday is Wednesday. It was also stated only worry if you have nothing by next Friday. And yes....I am still waiting but it is agony....