Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

I have a question that requires some thought.

When the game finally released in 2 days i can see an exploit that some players may do. I can see a person who gets the gold tier yacht for free placing it on sale for a crazy sum as its a premium ship. Some players won't have access to this ship and will try to buy the yacht using up their hard earned gold.

Are there any methods to prevent this exploit?

I have a question that requires some thought.

When the game finally released in 2 days i can see an exploit that some players may do. I can see a person who gets the gold tier yacht for free placing it on sale for a crazy sum as its a premium ship. Some players won't have access to this ship and will try to buy the yacht using up their hard earned gold.

Are there any methods to prevent this exploit?

You should not be able to sell or buy redeems. If you do, please, report it through F11

Captain Comery, doubles need rework, developers didn't give any data yet. They only mentioned that they will start addressing doubles only after mortar brig is done

Hi, 

I am thinking of buying a second copy of the game both for myself to be able to play a British character as well as French and to allow my daughter to play with me. I do not like the one character limit at all as I like to try different nations.

There seems to be no log in option, just shard selection when I start the game. Is it possible to run two accounts by installing it twice?

Will the engine be improved to speed up graphics? I find the frame rates terrible despite running high end graphics cards (Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming) with a fairly powerful computer (Core I7 with 32 Gig Ram) I am only getting 20FPS with all settings maxed. The graphics arent that detailed to warrant such a low frame rate. On my MX17 gaming laptop I only get 6FPS and it is capable of running most high end games fairly well.

Any chance of a Oceania Server in the future? All pings in Australia are in excess of 320 for me at present sometimes much higher.

A few small questions I realize that things are going to change a lot in early access but a few things do bug me (mainly the UI and lack of crew control).

1) Will the port UI be updated, it is currently pretty poor (think home cities from AOE3 for visuals):

Home_City.jpg

2) Will the map have Long and Lat lines?

3) Will there be more in depth ship management in battle (think silent hunter):
105609-silent-hunter-iii-windows-screens

• Like 2

This might be asking a lot but it would be nice to see an updated post about some of the current long term plans of what the game is likely to do over the next while now things are in Beta, its good to be part of the process but it would be great to actually see what kinds of things we might see in the future. I'm thinking a little bit like how paradox interactive run their forums with their weekly dev diary. Perhaps not weekly but something similar would be great to keep people engaged and interested. I think Paradox have quite a lot to learn from when it comes to community and long term game support. Keep up the good work guys :)

This might be asking a lot but it would be nice to see an updated post about some of the current long term plans of what the game is likely to do over the next while now things are in Beta, its good to be part of the process but it would be great to actually see what kinds of things we might see in the future.

You mean like this?

• Like 1

You mean like this?

Yes but with a bit more detail of what kind of things we are likely to see in the close, medium and distant future, really what I'd like to see is almost a listed storyboard of hopeful development updating what they did when they very first started. :)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

Hi, 

I am thinking of buying a second copy of the game both for myself to be able to play a British character as well as French and to allow my daughter to play with me. I do not like the one character limit at all as I like to try different nations.

There seems to be no log in option, just shard selection when I start the game. Is it possible to run two accounts by installing it twice?

Will the engine be improved to speed up graphics? I find the frame rates terrible despite running high end graphics cards (Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming) with a fairly powerful computer (Core I7 with 32 Gig Ram) I am only getting 20FPS with all settings maxed. The graphics arent that detailed to warrant such a low frame rate. On my MX17 gaming laptop I only get 6FPS and it is capable of running most high end games fairly well.

Any chance of a Oceania Server in the future? All pings in Australia are in excess of 320 for me at present sometimes much higher.

You'll need to create a separate Steam Account for your daughter I believe, since the characters and whatnot are tied to your SteamID and you can't "buy" it twice on the same SteamID.

Graphics have not yet been optimized, so they're slower than they should be.  Expect further optimization to happen at a later date.

Further servers may be looked at if there is enough interest in them.

• Like 1

Bulwyf,

the problem about 1 key = 1 character is that otherwise it may be easly abused to gain an unfair advantage. In the same time it hurts people like you who just want to play different nations to fully expirience the game. Overall it was the hard decision which however might be changed still. 

To use another account I believe you need to create 2-nd Steam account and link the game code to it.

Try to turn anti-aliasing off in the graphic options as it is the main FPS consumer.

The game is pretty ping independent while you have stable connection without packet losses and such. I used to play under 150-200 ping and now I have 60-65 and to be honest I see no difference at all, it is not quake 3 style game :)

BlouBulle,

As it was mention a couple of times already, User Interface will be reworked after all core features are done in the game, such as more in depth ship management, for example :)

Fluffy Fishy,

There is a poll where community has been asked about opinion of priorities to be done first.

Also, recently the plans for the early access have been posted in this thread

P.S.: Sorry, guys. I opened this thread hours ago, semi-wrote the answer and forget to upload it, now I see some question has been answered :)

• Like 2

How can having multiple characters be abused? If the characters are independent of each other (so that gold, xp, resources, etc. aren't shared between characters) and you have to log one character out before you can play a different character, then you couldn't really use one to gain an advantage for another, right? 

I am interested in knowing if this is considered to be the full release, even though it is in Alpha?  Having put only a little over 100 hours into the Beta game play knowing full well all game progression would be lost on the Alpha release. Will the same happen if NA moves from Alpha to full release?  Am I okay in progressing without any loss?

Hello Shipmates. I have been enjoying Naval Action very much. Please can you advise me regarding the Yacht. 

When we took it to sea in Small Battles there were no cannon aboard. Do we need to buy some or should it come fully armed?

Also there seems to be some grumbles from long term players about beginners like me receiving Exeptional ships. 

I feel sympathy for these people who have worked hard with the Game makers in developing the game and would be happy to work for these ships instead of being gifted them.

Also one last thing. I can’t get Chat to work. Thank you for your great work. 

Regards from me (2d Lt Staynes) and my Grandsons who love the game.

• Like 1

Hello Shipmates. I have been enjoying Naval Action very much. Please can you advise me regarding the Yacht. 
When we took it to sea in Small Battles there were no cannon aboard. Do we need to buy some or should it come fully armed?
Also there seems to be some grumbles from long term players about beginners like me receiving Exeptional ships. 
I feel sympathy for these people who have worked hard with the Game makers in developing the game and would be happy to work for these ships instead of being gifted them.
Also one last thing. I can’t get Chat to work. Thank you for your great work. 
Regards from me (2d Lt Staynes) and my Grandsons who love the game.

You have to  buy guns for your Yacht. However, the free 4 pdrs-guns on free cutters may also work on the Yacht. To be tested. 

Chat will be fixed today, I guess : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8659-hotfix-deployment-23-january-tomorrow/

I'm sure you'll "work hard" for these exceptional ships with your report in game and feed back on NA forums.

Have fun all, you and your Grandsons, at seas.  :)

Edited by LeBoiteux

Hello, I'm quite the naval enthusiast and seeing your game Naval Action just lifted my spirits. The only thing close to this game I could ever play were the Assassins Creed's Black Flag & Rouge. In my spare time I paint and draw ships, my father makes ships in bottles as well in his spare time. I live near the sea on the west coast, the last coastline in Europe before America.    So there's a good dedication towards the naval scene in our family.

My question is, as I'm Irish myself.    Do you think the Irish flag [Tricolour] would be implemented into the game, it was first flown in 1848 or The Green harp flag, first used by Owen Roe O'Neill in 1642. 

Since I hope you don't doubt the fact the the Irish have had a major influence on the seas during this period, whether it be in music, famous pirates, explorers, mercenary's and at one point contributing to half of the British army's size.      

I feel like it would be odd not to have the Irish represented in the game, since there's so much Irish navel history, I know we weren't an established country at this time. But there were those who had flown their own versions of an Irish flag symbolizing Independence or their own nationality and heritage. So I just wanted to know would ye ever consider this as an idea or have ye already thought about it.

Thanks for reading.   

Ben O'Reilly                              

csm_green-flag-with-harp_72c41a4abd.jpgFlag_Irish_right.pngts_Jeanie_Johnston.jpg20140612021737_JJ%20on%20the%20Liffey.jp220px-Green-Ensign_1783.jpg

• Like 1

im about to buy this game, but i have 1 question

is it true that if i buy this game i get this key on fridays since that is the only day u distribute steamkeys?

that is what ive read so far on the forums, or do i get the steamkey instant when i bought the game?

cheers goldshot

Is it expected that the aggressiveness of AI will be reactivated, especially on the PvE servers ? Will bots tag and attack ?

(I guess it isn't a priority right now with EA release, but it'd be a real change of atmosphere in the PvE OW. It'd make it more interesting and PvP server-like)

• Like 1

I am interested in knowing if this is considered to be the full release, even though it is in Alpha?  Having put only a little over 100 hours into the Beta game play knowing full well all game progression would be lost on the Alpha release. Will the same happen if NA moves from Alpha to full release?  Am I okay in progressing without any loss?

The rank XP won't be reset anymore. The crafting XP most likely won't be reset (but might). The others things can be reset.

My question is, as I'm Irish myself.    Do you think the Irish flag [Tricolour] would be implemented into the game, it was first flown in 1848 or The Green harp flag, first used by Owen Roe O'Neill in 1642. 

Since I hope you don't doubt the fact the the Irish have had a major influence on the seas during this period, whether it be in music, famous pirates, explorers, mercenary's and at one point contributing to half of the British army's size.      

I feel like it would be odd not to have the Irish represented in the game, since there's so much Irish navel history, I know we weren't an established country at this time. But there were those who had flown their own versions of an Irish flag symbolizing Independence or their own nationality and heritage. So I just wanted to know would ye ever consider this as an idea or have ye already thought about it.

New flags might make it to the game one day. The current playable nations are those who had a base in the Caribbean. New nations might appear too.

im about to buy this game, but i have 1 question

is it true that if i buy this game i get this key on fridays since that is the only day u distribute steamkeys?

that is what ive read so far on the forums, or do i get the steamkey instant when i bought the game?

cheers goldshot

Keys were the pre-early access method of installing the game. With the game now on Steam early access, you buy the game from its Steam page as you would for another game.

• Like 1