Game-Labs Forum

Sea Trials results and next steps

I'd like to know the answer to this too, just got my Santis keys this very evening and keen to start sailing.

it has been stated quite a few times that it would be old testers, mods, then santi owners, then the rest. there wont be much of a gap once santi guys get in so dont worry over nothing bro.

search the forums and you will find info.

chur

Edited by DazednConfused

devs will give you the information.

Everything we do is under NDA.

We are not allowed to tell anything about the OW in public.

But the Testers have been invited and I can tell you that the OW did indeed evolve from the first iteration we sailed on some time ago.

Its supertesting right now. Looking for the obvious bugs and such.

Many users are looking for the finished project. Those should better wait until it releases.

All the others will look forward to a long list of wipes..

Damage model

• (...)
  • we will add ability to shoot when looking through the telescope.

I don't know if I like the idea of a "sniper mode" :

- captains aren't snipers (it could reduce the immersion)

- the current separation between aiming and watching through telescope creates an additional difficulty and the illusion of two roles : the gunner who fires, the captain who judges (quite schizophrenic, I know  ;) ).

To be tested..

• Like 7

- the current separation between aiming and watching through telescope creates an additional difficulty and the illusion of two roles : the gunner who fires, the captain who judges (quite schizophrenic, I know  ;) ).

To be tested..

This is an excellent point. Well made Sir.

• Like 2

To be tested..

Same here, I fear this is one of those things where a few players complained about it and so they will make changes to please them. It happens all the time in video games. It really comes down to the developers vision.

• Like 1

We're at a point where it's easy to make changes, and if they change gameplay in an unexpected or negative way, the feature can be removed. Unlike a lot of game companies out there, GameLabs has shown, so far, that they don't double down on a mistake. If a change isn't deemed to be a good thing, they remove it. :)

• Like 1

it's interisting to see everyone begging for an idea of when they can get in to o.s. testing, don't get me wrong i would love to know too but... in all the beta testing i have done when the devs set a date it's seams that 90% of the time they miss the date and it get pushed back to another date. That being said i guess thier policy of when we are ready we will let you know and you can get in might be the best way.

it's interisting to see everyone begging for an idea of when they can get in to o.s. testing, don't get me wrong i would love to know too but... in all the beta testing i have done when the devs set a date it's seams that 90% of the time they miss the date and it get pushed back to another date. That being said i guess thier policy of when we are ready we will let you know and you can get in might be the best way.

I think this is a reflection on how well Gamelabs have done thus far. You can't blame use for trying to get an idea of when this will happen.

P.s. It's still alpha, beta is a while way...

To be tested..

I'm looking forward to testing this, but I do share you concerns.

• Like 3

I think finally my long hiatus will have come to an end, although I do have a question. I have a Santi but shortly after the new ships were added to ST1 (Navy Brig, Cerb etc.) I burned out of the game and hadn't had the time to play Naval Action enough to get the damage for the Cerb done. Does anyone know if I will still get in to OW with the rest of the Santi owners since I had achieved the Santi previously? Or will I still be held back?

I think finally my long hiatus will have come to an end, although I do have a question. I have a Santi but shortly after the new ships were added to ST1 (Navy Brig, Cerb etc.) I burned out of the game and hadn't had the time to play Naval Action enough to get the damage for the Cerb done. Does anyone know if I will still get in to OW with the rest of the Santi owners since I had achieved the Santi previously? Or will I still be held back?

I would say the Latter....Imo . I think you will get into OW ...just not in the first few rounds...assume'n they let batches in at a time like before.