Game-Labs Forum

Sea Trials results and next steps

Woo Karu the allmighty Surprise Cpt..

Well done everyone, Was great taste of whats to come. Have greatly enjoyed st1 and look forward to st2. Devs you guys are fantastic, really, I have been apart of a multitude of testings and this is by far the best (So far). You are active on the forums and with your fans, you take on board the suggestions and feedback from the players and generally you are making one hell of a game, I was waiting for this to hit ea as soon as i saw it on greenlight. unfortunatly my friends did not get in on time but they have played as me and they too are eager for this games completion. (for the love of god do not rush this)

Hopefully see you guys on the open sea. (some i hope i don't :P)

I do like my carronades. using them doubled the way I do takes a unique style of sailing. when I make a successful run I can deliver 1100 points of damage, that's enough to put a dent in the biggest ship. I am best when used in support of a friendly SOL. with my high rate of fire I can keep pressure on an enemy SOL while my friendly SOL is reloading, and then keep pressure on it when they turn away to repair.

The Sea Trials alone were worth the asking price for this title. Devs, you have provided me hours upon hours of fun combat in an era I love. Here's to Sea Trials yet to come!

Yeah I feel the same way.  Already got more than my fair share of value out of the game and willing to pay more.   Really looking forward to some cool premium ships I can purchase.

old testers are those who are tagged "Tester" when you have a look at some of the forumuser's profile.

Mods have their status substituted.

Those test were run years ago now. The very first ones were in Winter 2013.

There has been only one Sea Trials test. Everyone who preordered bought a sea trials entry.

Since we dont know when ecaxtly the devs are going to check the players who will be invited first you can quite happily grind your way to the santi and hope for the best.

After the first tests the migration to the open world will happen quite fast since the devs want to get data on stresstests and such asap.

If unpredictable stuff happened we may have a mess but hey. everyone would be affected by that :D

How do you measure combat efficiency?  It would be very hard, and easily muddled.

Indeed - just referring to my experiences with World of Tanks, any debate about 'good play' and how to measure it will never be concluded to the satisfaction of all players. Sometimes there is just no way to measure the factors that actually swung a game when it's a team game.

Anyway having put fingers to board, thanks to both the devs and the community for the game so far - I've not played as much as some (Tommy that means you ;-) )but every minute played has been a pleasure.

• Like 1

I am still worried about Captains who focus on combat will be more powerful and have more power than those who trade. I love to fight and sea combat is great, but I would l hate to see trading become a mediocre way to bring in fame, glory, and money. 

I just want there to be viable options and incentives for people to choose to trade.

I am still worried about Captains who focus on combat will be more powerful and have more power than those who trade. I love to fight and sea combat is great, but I would l hate to see trading become a mediocre way to bring in fame, glory, and money. 

I just want there to be viable options and incentives for people to choose to trade.

If the available Ships of the Line of a nation (see link below) would be influenced by my trading, I would be satisfied with that. Maybe One can gain fame by becoming head of the respective trading company that in the end brings in the economical basis for a military navy.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/537-the-economy-and-1st-rates/

While a Captain that focuses on combat may be more powerful individually than one who focuses on trade those with more coin will have the ability to cover the cost of 'hiring out' people that would be interested in offering protection for said trader cutting off the combat focused players opportunity at a easy mark. Better profit should come by those that risk more and I think the ability of being able to strike out in a convoy to protect shipping interest will create scenarios that will provide excellent in game player created content.

Edited by Voodeux

Average kills per battle

1. Freddykrueger66 – 2.14
  2. Sir Cunningham – 2.14
  3. Demerzel – 2
  4. Amnesia – 2
  5. Mormo – 1.98
  6. Harry white – 1.9
  7. Lethak – 1.8
  8. Paragon – 1.8
  9. Mcguinness – 1.7
  10. Delkajet2k – 1.7

I'm assuming that the 10th one is me?

(*Deltajet2k, just saying :P)

Can't believe i actually got a top ranking on something, can't wait for the open world!