Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

2 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

I'd like to make a couple design requests -

1) Technology Trees - Please remove all items that have been discovered. When scrolling down to find the next tech it's like looking for my year of birth. Also, please add the year of the next tech to be discovered even if we don't know what that tech is yet. It would be nice to know how far behind or ahead in a tech we are currently.

2) The ship info popup when reviewing ships in the fleet tab is annoying. It's okay to keep it, it's good information. But just localize it to the ship name and no other portion of the info row.

3) Japan's army size is questionable. I have hundreds or perhaps thousands of troops in bordering territories, when everyone surrounding me has millions. I have found no possible way of defeating either China or Russia on the ground.

And as touching '3', when playing an 1890 campaign, the acquisition of Korea or perhaps even Manchuria should be much cheaper in peace treaty.

That's it for now. I don't know if there's time or energy left to add these, but in my opinion they would be welcome additions.

I want to add that there are a lot of improvements I've seen since my return I really enjoy. Task force management is much smoother. The re-addition of manual naval battle movement. Dynamic weather and change of time of day. Fixing of enemies surrendering from an alliance then rejoining a war a couple months later, and so on. I can't imagine the effort that went into all this, but my compliments on a job well done.

1. - Technology Trees - just reverse order of techs, so newest are first and oldest are last. would prevent scrolling

2. - Add few second delay to the popup window so its possible to see stuff behind where the popup is usually shown

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

1) Technology Trees - Please remove all items that have been discovered. When scrolling down to find the next tech it's like looking for my year of birth. Also, please add the year of the next tech to be discovered even if we don't know what that tech is yet. It would be nice to know how far behind or ahead in a tech we are currently.

3) Japan's army size is questionable. I have hundreds or perhaps thousands of troops in bordering territories, when everyone surrounding me has millions. I have found no possible way of defeating either China or Russia on the ground.

1- No need to remove anything, in fact that would be very bad. The improvement would be to revert the list order. New techs in the top of the list, older techs in the bottom. Simple as that.

3- Interesting. In my Japanese campaigns, I always conquer China.

11 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

Here's an example of a battle recorded just now, in the most recent version of the game (no mods). I clipped it out of a video I was recording for my youtube channel.
The bug we are talking about appears a few times.
Early on in the battle, CA Lutzow has the target lock bug (or ladder aiming bug, if you prefer that term), but it is quickly resolved by it selecting another target.
Later on, with only one enemy ship remaining (and thus no other targets to select), both CA Lutzow and Mecklenburg suffer target locking. For Lutzow it goes away, for Mecklenburg it remains to the end even if it was sailing slower than Lutzow and closer to the target.

Secondary weapons seem unaffected.

To me this does seem like a bug, and not the way aiming is intended to work. I get why some maneuvers and speeds will make aiming slower and accuracy worse, but what we're talking about is aiming not progressing at all.
The fact that briefly selecting a different target makes the aiming progress as it should also points to this. If it was working as intended, staying aimed at one single target constantly would result in faster aiming, but that's not the case.

And I also want to add that as long as this bug does not appear, the aiming system does work fine.
And I also appreciate your hard work and how quickly you released the repair hotfixes for campaing map movement. :)

As I see, the only issue is that when the target reset happens the aim progress shows zero and then it can suddenly get aim, but it is an UI delay, not showing all the calcs.

In your video, among all the shots you had, sometimes you had aim to reset, due to low rate of fire and very fast range rate (the small guns have a very high rate of fire and lock on to their target easier, independently).. Even then, your guns found aim after a few salvoes. 

It would be a bug if your guns never aimed. I can understand nowadays players not wanting to see their guns be less effective for a second, and play always in fast and furious manner, but it is not a bug.

EDIT:

Furthermore, testing in 5x mode does not help to test if there is target reset when we switch target. Between the moment you switch to a new target and checking if there is an aiming reset, your ship fired already more than one salvo and gained aim due to small range  instantly, but not with the high bonus, that increased indefinitely as before.

i got a military conflict with a major [germany] that i was not at war with, where putting ships in the zones increased the required tonnage. (i..e the fleet was changing the denominator and not the numerator)

Not reporting it conventionally since the campaign is running the balance mod. *But* I can't really see any things in my mod causing that change. 

Edited by admiralsnackbar

6 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

As I see, the only issue is that when the target reset happens the aim progress shows zero and then it can suddenly get aim, but it is an UI delay, not showing all the calcs.

In your video, among all the shots you had, sometimes you had aim to reset, due to low rate of fire and very fast range rate (the small guns have a very high rate of fire and lock on to their target easier, independently).. Even then, your guns found aim after a few salvoes. 

It would be a bug if your guns never aimed. I can understand nowadays players not wanting to see their guns be less effective for a second, and play always in fast and furious manner, but it is not a bug.

EDIT:

Furthermore, testing in 5x mode does not help to test if there is target reset when we switch target. Between the moment you switch to a new target and checking if there is an aiming reset, your ship fired already more than one salvo and gained aim due to small range  instantly, but not with the high bonus, that increased indefinitely as before.

Maybe the fix is to not 0 it on a reset. 0 implies you lost range, bearing, speed, and course information. That doesn't happen if a target stays in visual range. Maybe reset it to 25% or something to indicate a degraded solution due to changes in target. 

45 minutes ago, Oxygenes said:

You can consider to allow friendly fire, it is normal thing. Then player will be able switch target, when has 2 or more ships and enemy just one, if targeting problem will occur.

Or just make it possible to attack ground (or in this case water)?
That could also be used to "blind fire" at smoke screens though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Game seized up at Prepare for Battle.

I get those once and a while,the game was making saves so you could just alt-tab out and close the game to reboot the computer, but I'm not sure she's making those saves now,

• Like 1

There could be possibility to divide main guns into front and rear target group. Many times, when you fight multiple enemies (BB vs DDs), main guns try to aim at just one target, often impossible to fire by front or rear turrets and other enemies are everywhere around at other side lurking unharmed.

If you switch off firing (just want little delay salvo), then guns stop aiming at target. Guns could be still loaded and aimed at target and just waits for command to fire.

3 hours ago, Oxygenes said:

You can consider to allow friendly fire, it is normal thing. Then player will be able switch target, when has 2 or more ships and enemy just one, if targeting problem will occur.

There is friendly fire already in the game. Now to switch target to a  friendly unit to fix an in game issue or to use that as an exploit. That is, with all due respect, nonsense.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.7 Rx3)

Uploaded Repaired version x3:
- Fixed, a few minor issues regarding task forces' movement and also improved the AI so that it can approach closer to enemies and trigger offensive missions more consistently.
- Fixed missions against minor nations not enabling properly. You will notice an increased activity involving the smaller nations.
- Improved the logic of Ungoverned territories so that major nations will try to capture them with much more probability and persistence, after a major nation dissolves.
- Fixed problems that made Ungoverned territories to be almost unbeatable in minor conflicts against them.
- Fixed a very rare exception which caused campaign generation to freeze or campaign turns to freeze during shipbuilding.
- Fixed some minor UI issues.

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 2

Nice to see those ungoverned terratories changes, i had both British empire and Germany go down in a campaign, and there was so much area that was ungoverned, and was so unbeatable, that i was pretty sure this anarchy was organizing defenses and moving troop between territories to tamp out these nations resurrecting. LOL!

and ya any major power should treat an ungoverned territory it has a land boarder with the same as a territory its at war with, and ALWAYS try to conquer it immediately.

I put in a few in game bug reports about this, but there is still some major problems with Gun tubs being used on the Texas Type, US Modern BBs, Yamato type and some other hulls that cause interference with main gun turrets. What is the point of all the gun tubs on the Texas type hulls if most of them cannot be used?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Just ended my campaign late in the 40s, due mainly to France's thousand ship navy and trillion dollar economy.

Which difficulty were you playing at? Higher difficulty settings give the AI huge economical boosts.
(that's all the difficulty setting does - the AI does not get smarter or anything)

• Like 1

Having trouble in an 1890 Germany start, I've started getting mark II guns and now nothing fits on my ships! 4 and 5 in guns don't fit down the side of  a light cruiser now they're turrets only, and 11in guns or higher don't fit on Battleship III forward position. The scaling of a lot of pieces overall in the game seems a little large as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Durham Dave said:

Having trouble in an 1890 Germany start, I've started getting mark II guns and now nothing fits on my ships! 4 and 5 in guns don't fit down the side of  a light cruiser now they're turrets only, and 11in guns or higher don't fit on Battleship III forward position. The scaling of a lot of pieces overall in the game seems a little large as well. 

That's normal, Germany at this period very weak, bigger guns you can feat on the ships just when research new hulls. With guns on the light cruisers help Mk. III guns, they're smaller. You just need make more researches of hulls, and then situation will be much better.

SUGGESTION -  Transport Ship Losses:

- Current way its reported is very unfortunate, because if there are multiple areas you are losing Transport Ships, you have to remember them by head.. there is no way how to get that info again while in game, besides that single popup at the start of the turn.. Please put that info in the game log, so player can check where he is losing the ships.. From gameplay perspective its completely useless to see info about other factions scrapping their ships etc, while not getting important information that are relevant to the gameplay.. Player should have option to took through that info during his turn if he doesnt remember..

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JaM said:

SUGGESTION -  Transport Ship Losses:

- Current way its reported is very unfortunate, because if there are multiple areas you are losing Transport Ships, you have to remember them by head.. there is no way how to get that info again while in game, besides that single popup at the start of the turn.. Please put that info in the game log, so player can check where he is losing the ships.. From gameplay perspective its completely useless to see info about other factions scrapping their ships etc, while not getting important information that are relevant to the gameplay.. Player should have option to took through that info during his turn if he doesnt remember..

Agree.

I've also been advocating about the "log" information for a long time. Either just remove some information about AI nations in the log, or have a button to simply turn on/off AI information. 
I spoke earlier about having a few buttons to seperate some information, but I think it's better, and easier, to just make a simple ai information on/off

Edited by MDHansen

6 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

Which difficulty were you playing at? Higher difficulty settings give the AI huge economical boosts.
(that's all the difficulty setting does - the AI does not get smarter or anything)

The easiest setting this time. In my first war with France I could not possibly scrap more ships than they were building. At that time they had 553 ships and were building another 136. Te second war was pointless. I ended up with a couple islands out in the boonies. By the time I was ready for the third one, my economy was 2nd in the world to France, and I could barely maintain a 52 ship navy. After having spent the whole game increasing my shipbuilding capacity, building 6 BBs placed me 100,000 tons over the limit.

Cruisers being the most expensive to maintain for their effect, the French in 1920 had 300+ of them. I had 6 heavies and 12 lights. shrug

Is nobody else seeing this condition?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral Donuts said:

The easiest setting this time. In my first war with France I could not possibly scrap more ships than they were building. At that time they had 553 ships and were building another 136. Te second war was pointless. I ended up with a couple islands out in the boonies. By the time I was ready for the third one, my economy was 2nd in the world to France, and I could barely maintain a 52 ship navy. After having spent the whole game increasing my shipbuilding capacity, building 6 BBs placed me 100,000 tons over the limit.

Cruisers being the most expensive to maintain for their effect, the French in 1920 had 300+ of them. I had 6 heavies and 12 lights. shrug

Is nobody else seeing this condition?

I strongly think this is a reason AI is so behind. They start to build huge amounts of ships, it takes forever to build them because they're way above the tonnage build limit, thus once finished, they are allready obsolete by (up to) several tech stages.

Usually I have games where they don't build so much and they are pretty much on my level tech wise on their ships. Actually gives me a fight because of it. (modded game)

Having conducted several campaigns for the USA on normal difficulty, I noticed that in each case until 1903, one of the countries with which I am at war, or other countries, will disappear as a result of the collapse, on higher difficulties this was not observed. In my opinion it would be better to disable the possibility of collapse as it was done with common alliances, it is much better instead of a country disappearing to just forcefully end the war with that country and make them pay reparations and also dispose of all the ships of that country.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.8)

Hello Admirals,

In the previous update we introduced a new and important upgrade to the Campaign System, which is the more realistic mechanics for the naval task forces. We continue the improvements with polishes on the mission mechanics system and an improved balance of the economy. Please read:

v1.3.8 Update
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/3696939164843071893 

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've got to say, i like that there is more invasions and activity even at peace, it's neat. I'm going to test out the economy and see how it is!

If i can give a couple of suggestions:
would it be possible to reverse the list of techs so the latest ones are on top? I rarely if ever need to look at the old ones, but i often double check the latest ones.
Also, would it be possible to have campaign start dates that are in 5-year increments? So adding 1895, 1905, 1915, 1925, 1935? It would provide a more granular change in tech availability that would be fun.

• Like 4