Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

What you're doing at the moment is creating refit designs, which can only be applied to existing ships to rebuild them to a new specification. 

If you want to take the updated design and build new ships based on it you have to copy it: there is a button to the left of the save button in the ship builder that copies the current ship as a new design. Once that is done you can build it like normal, although they aren't part of the original class. 

If you make a refit based on the original hull you copied, you can refit the ships built off the copied design too, turning them back into the original class.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Fangoriously said:

If you make a refit based on the original hull you copied, you can refit the ships built off the copied design too, turning them back into the original class.

Whaaaaaaat i didn't know that! Thanks!

8 hours ago, jw62 said:

Just rename the copy to the same exact name and then delete the original. don't worry about the refits

I wouldn't, you need the original to build all the refits off of. if you build the refit off the copy, its not backward compatible with those ships built off the original.

4 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

I wouldn't, you need the original to build all the refits off of. if you build the refit off the copy, its not backward compatible with those ships built off the original.

1.Make a copy of your refit

2.rename the copy to the original ship's name

3.Delete the original ship plan when you get back to the ship designs page

4.Build some new ships from the renamed copy, change the name of the first one since it will carry the name of the original ship and then you will have two.

5. when it comes time to refit again, pick the last refit before the copy, or the copy, VIEW, and then start the refit. All ships will refit.

I do this all the time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.7)
4 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello Admirals,
Here is another update that improves the game. Please read:
v1.3.9.7 Update
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/3673299163381154610 

Please restart Steam to get the update fast

This is nice, but can we please have the option not to upgrade gun MKs when doing refits? I like my old BBs and want them to have radar, but can't give them a radar set without giving them ugly turrets.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Can I build a refit version of one of my designs yet?

Make a copy of the refit design and build that.

Next refit of the original design can also be applied to the copies (even if they have different names), and they will then be unified as refits of the original class (copies will gain the original class name).

For example, my Frankfurt class CL (1921). A year after launch I research new main guns for them, and do a refit (refit 1922). I decide I want more, and make a copy of the refit-design to be built directly with the new guns, these are the Frankfurt II class.
A few years later and new technology is applied to the original Frankfurt class, both Frankfurt (refit 1922) and Frankfurt II will now be named Frankfurt (refit 1925).

• Like 1

About the army changes:

I really dislike that if you make an offensive and take territory A, any battle that starts from that territory only uses its local army. For example, i had 1 million soldiers push from russia into china, but after i took one region i just couldn't push in anymore because my army would consist of about 100k troops from the conquered region.
I like that it's hard to push into enemy territory, but maybe there should be a middle ground, like taking a portion of neighboring forces to sustain an offensive, so the closer you are to your country the bigger your army can be.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Panzergraf said:

Make a copy of the refit design and build that.

Next refit of the original design can also be applied to the copies (even if they have different names), and they will then be unified as refits of the original class (copies will gain the original class name).

For example, my Frankfurt class CL (1921). A year after launch I research new main guns for them, and do a refit (refit 1922). I decide I want more, and make a copy of the refit-design to be built directly with the new guns, these are the Frankfurt II class.
A few years later and new technology is applied to the original Frankfurt class, both Frankfurt (refit 1922) and Frankfurt II will now be named Frankfurt (refit 1925).

He knows þe workaround already. He was asking if þey'd made it so þat you don't need þe workaround yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

About the army changes:

I really dislike that if you make an offensive and take territory A, any battle that starts from that territory only uses its local army. For example, i had 1 million soldiers push from russia into china, but after i took one region i just couldn't push in anymore because my army would consist of about 100k troops from the conquered region.
I like that it's hard to push into enemy territory, but maybe there should be a middle ground, like taking a portion of neighboring forces to sustain an offensive, so the closer you are to your country the bigger your army can be.

I believe it's supposed to represent part of þe army being used as an occupation force to HOLD þe land you just took.

I've been pondering a little about war and the following reperations post-war. 
As it is now, all that happens is you can select territory depending on how much damage you've done (vp). What is lost during the war, will still be lost, unless you have enough VP to get it back. It is a bit flavourless, in my humble opinion.

Suggestion:
-Winning the war will give lost territory back. Win margin needs to be atleast 2-3x
-Territory gained during war is obviously kept
-War reperations with VP should be extremely expensive and really just an option for minor provinces in far away lands
-Territory with canals should act as home region, only capturable by invasion

WIth a no clear winner of the war, territory gained/lost should stay as-is. Sometimes just ending a war is a win.

Regards to land wars. There needs to be a way to support your troops even if the invaded territory doesn't have a port, but is connected through owned landmass to a port. Think Chad, when you own Cameroon.

Just my nickel and 3 cents. Keep up the good work!

MDH

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Reporting a bug: If you load a campaign with nation A, and then load a different campaign with nation B without closing the game, the tech tree will show the tooltips for nation A, so it shows the wrong hull types that are being unlocked through research.

• Like 2

Bug found (and reported in game):
When a major nation collapses, the ungoverned territories will have an army size of 0, meaning any army attack on that province will succeed with 0 losses.

This was not the case in previous patches, where territories left ungoverned after a major nation collapse would have at least some kind of an army.

Eastern Mexico didn't change overlay colour when USA successfully invaded

Uh... Apparently Acapulco is Western Mexico, though placed mid Eastern Mexico 🤔 Saying that, Mexico is a strange situation

Edited by MDHansen

12 hours ago, MDHansen said:

Eastern Mexico didn't change overlay colour when USA successfully invaded

Uh... Apparently Acapulco is Western Mexico, though placed mid Eastern Mexico 🤔 Saying that, Mexico is a strange situation

This is already fixed internally but we need to make this work in a current save without causing exceptions. We will try to offer a fix that will work for everybody.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1.3.9.7 Italy legendary campaign feedback.

damn it, I can't declare war on A-H or french. both of their army will ruin me immediately. and I can't do anything to change army' disadvantage.

I, and my allies, German and Japan can't stop A-H 1.5 million army to capture Northeast Italy.(and A_H didn't have any allies, only itself!)

even I gain enough VP to start peace treaty,my government may not listen it (really? A-H is take 75% Northeast Italy and government still thought that we can push back?). I need keep save/load several times.

I think we need more method to protect home land or at least easy to take homeland back .not just for player, also for NPC. because in my memory, player can't get homeland back in the War reparations. it will not show in the list.

my Italy save from 1890 to now 1915, the China and Spain are dead, and french and A-H are ones most strongest country, and they keep good relationship with USA over 20 years, I can't do anything at this moment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Narbar said:

has anyone noticed the AI building barely any ships?  In my campaign Russia literally just scrapped its while surface fleet and has 9 submarines left lmao

I've observed them building in waves. They'll scrap a good chunk of their navy whenever hulls become obsolete, and then construct large numbers at once

I sincerely hope the British dreadnought hulls are going to get updated at some point. Hulls III, IV, and V don't seem to fit in in any historical sense. There are no hulls with forecastles that fit the Neptune class, or the Orion through Revenge classes. Considering the importance of the Royal Navy in dreadnought design I hope this is remedied.

• Like 3