Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, HaMaT said:

With the same explanation, devs could name the game Ultimate Admiral: Submarines. You can't see them, they are overpowered for the AI opponent but they exist in the game.

As for the CVs and CVLs there is even historical fact in the game about the first real Aircraft Carrier. And there were historical events of converting the BB to CV like the Japanese Shinano. So they are closely related to the Dreadnoughts. Also, there is a tech to balance their power - the Fleet's size. You simply won't have too many CVs in your fleet as they will be expensive and thus not overpowered. IMO.

Carriers will 100% be Overpowered no matter what you do, if they're implemented even half correctly, even if you have one carrier in your whole fleet, you can just sit outside guns range and keep attacking with aircraft. not to mention torpedo spam is already bad enough, now imagine dozens of planes coming at you with torpedos and there's little you can do against them except pray to whatever god you believe in that your crew knows how to aim, which is again, how it was irl. so I'm fine with the game being as it currently is, or if they'll implement carriers, perhaps make it a toggleable option .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kerbo said:

Carriers will 100% be Overpowered no matter what you do, if they're implemented even half correctly, even if you have one carrier in your whole fleet, you can just sit outside guns range and keep attacking with aircraft. not to mention torpedo spam is already bad enough, now imagine dozens of planes coming at you with torpedos and there's little you can do against them except pray to whatever god you believe in that your crew knows how to aim, which is again, how it was irl. so I'm fine with the game being as it currently is, or if they'll implement carriers, perhaps make it a toggleable option .

That's why you will need to balance your fleet even more and add more AA ships to it. Planes can't spam your ships with torpedoes as they usually carry only 1 torpedo and are very slow and fragile at the early stages of the game. And when you run out of attack planes your CVs will become useless in a fight but they will still eat part of the TF crew limit which again will balance the game even more.

But, of course, it is up to the devs to decide whether they will add it to the game or not :)

• Like 1

TGnphMd.jpg

Maybe is possible to get feedback from this? I depleted my nation merchant fleet to see if I would notice any difference to the fuel replenish for my ships at sea. I didn't notice any difference.  I also checked several times if it would make any difference to be near a supply port or far away from them. Again, it is irrelevant.

To make things even more strange, I build two similar ships, DDs. One with 4k range, the other with 80k range and set both to travel around the world. And again no difference. The default fuel replenish value is so high in game, that both ships would always travel with too much fuel all the time. And if the ships stop moving, the replenish value will refill the tanks in one turn. This from a nation with no merchant ships, with both ships sailing thousands of miles from the nearest supply port.

• What is the point in telling a player in the campaign map that if a ship is near a supply port or not, if it does not make any difference?
  • What is the point for a player to invest the ship limited displacement and money in increasing the ship range if it will make not any difference to where the ship can sail or to what would be the initial battle conditions in comparison with a ship with limited range?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, o Barão said:
  • What is the point for a player to invest the ship limited displacement and money in increasing the ship range if it will make not any difference to where the ship can sail or to what would be the initial battle conditions in comparison with a ship with limited range?

Maybe ships with higher range get increased chance/distance from port when getting randomly generated missions (convoy raids, etc)... 

Edited by PedroFalcao
spelling

Hahaha, Italy got only 4CLs and a single BB left. I got 8 BBs, 2BCs, 12 CAs, 12CLs and some 50 destroyers all on sea control duties in Adriatic. And guess which mission is generated again?! Got the convoy defense, 1Cl and 1 greek (allied) DD vs. 3 italian CLs. I've got enough of this battle "balancing"! Why even bothering to build more ships if in every generated mission I'm outnumbered?! It isn't interesting when happening all the time!!

Edited by Zuikaku
  • Like 4

Why is completely wiping an enemies navy and tanking their economy declared a minor victory??? I had 42000 VP and they had 3000 and it was a minor victory which netted me 189mil. This was a 6 year war and I GOT SCREWED! Fix the VP system and peace rewards please. War anymore is not worth the time between perpetual war and crap gains it makes the campaign not worth playing.

Edited by Kiknurazz91
  • Like 4

I've got some ship designer feedback here, but it's not exactly a new thing, unfortunately.
A few months ago I put up a post about improper DD design of behalf of the AI, mainly outlining just how dangerous executing a torpedo run on a hostile capital ship could be, and how even the best DD's money can buy would struggle to pull it off without suffering casualties. The main crux of the issue was AI DD's/Torpedo Boats being WAY too slow to actually get into torpedo range before being killed.
A Crux That Has Yet To Be Removed, It Would Seem.
PXpydp5.png

So, here we are again, several months later, discussing the exact same issue, which is still taking a ghastly toll on AI light forces. This is a "Semi-Modern" DD of British make, fitted with most  the components you would expect for something laid down in the early 40's. The glaring issue with it is, of course, the top speed Of Only 31 Knots. ON A 1940'S DD. More than a few capital ships in the Royal navy, as well as Every Single Cruiser in Europe, and Perhaps the World Can Outrun This Thing. Needless to say, the only thing this ship is good at is absorbing shells that might have otherwise mildly inconvenienced another, more capable ship. That's it. That's all this class of ship does. It doesn't do any real damage, it often goes down with all her torpedos still in their launchers, and never returns to port after seeing combat.
In short, The Crew Of This Ship Has Been Sent To Die For No Good Reason. As far as I am aware, the only modern units this thing can run down are a class of 4 BB's I recently built, all of which are armed with 8 530mm guns with a range of ~35km, and 14 (per side) 150mm guns, with a range of just over 20km. Even then, they only have a 3 knot speed advantage, and as anyone who has tried to chase down an enemy using such a small margin of advantage will tell you, it can take quite some time to close the distance, and God forbid you have to close it under fire from guns that could erase your ship from existence with a single hit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

I've got some ship designer feedback here, but it's not exactly a new thing, unfortunately.
A few months ago I put up a post about improper DD design of behalf of the AI, mainly outlining just how dangerous executing a torpedo run on a hostile capital ship could be, and how even the best DD's money can buy would struggle to pull it off without suffering casualties. The main crux of the issue was AI DD's/Torpedo Boats being WAY too slow to actually get into torpedo range before being killed.
A Crux That Has Yet To Be Removed, It Would Seem.
PXpydp5.png

So, here we are again, several months later, discussing the exact same issue, which is still taking a ghastly toll on AI light forces. This is a "Semi-Modern" DD of British make, fitted with most  the components you would expect for something laid down in the early 40's. The glaring issue with it is, of course, the top speed Of Only 31 Knots. ON A 1940'S DD. More than a few capital ships in the Royal navy, as well as Every Single Cruiser in Europe, and Perhaps the World Can Outrun This Thing. Needless to say, the only thing this ship is good at is absorbing shells that might have otherwise mildly inconvenienced another, more capable ship. That's it. That's all this class of ship does. It doesn't do any real damage, it often goes down with all her torpedos still in their launchers, and never returns to port after seeing combat.
In short, The Crew Of This Ship Has Been Sent To Die For No Good Reason. As far as I am aware, the only modern units this thing can run down are a class of 4 BB's I recently built, all of which are armed with 8 530mm guns with a range of ~35km, and 14 (per side) 150mm guns, with a range of just over 20km. Even then, they only have a 3 knot speed advantage, and as anyone who has tried to chase down an enemy using such a small margin of advantage will tell you, it can take quite some time to close the distance, and God forbid you have to close it under fire from guns that could erase your ship from existence with a single hit.

There was a time when TBs and DDs were hard to hit, especially early in the game, but then "I want my big ship bristlin' with guns to be deadly accurate on TBs" players started crying and the devs caved in. Now we got what we got - unreslistic naval wargame with laser guided shells.

Edited by Zuikaku
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

There was a time when TBs and DDs were hard to hit, especially early in the game, but then "I want my big ship bristlin' with guns to be deadly accurate on TBs" players started crying and the devs caved in. Now we got what we got - unreslistic naval wargame with laser guided shells.

I don't remember them being hard to hit, as much as they were hard to sink because how of damage was distributed (or not) between sections. Being able to pump dozens of 12" shells into a torpedo boat and have it stay afloat and firing back because you keep hitting the superstructure was... ugh.

• Like 3

I'm still getting the "locked turret rotation bug" in the latest version. All guns can rotate without issue at the start of a battle, but some ships will randomly get turrets that lock on a specific bearing and just don't rotate no matter what I do. It's particularly annoying to deal with when half your ship's firepower is stuck pointing to port while the target is on the starboard side. Even if I maneuver my ship to point the "locked" guns at the target...they still don't fire. They are just locked for the duration of the battle, and it happens with torpedo launchers too.

Resetting auto-targeting does nothing
Manually selecting targets does nothing
Switching firemodes between off, save, normal and aggressive does nothing
Aggressive/sporadic maneuvering trying to force guns to rotate and track targets does nothing

It's kinda annoying that we are still dealing with this tbh. Idk if anyone else is still experiencing this, but it has cost me a few ships because the turrets/torpedo launchers won't rotate or haven't been rotating (unbeknownst to me) so I can't take advantage of that golden opportunity to launch a torpedo salvo or catch an enemy broadside...but the enemy takes advantage of my guns refusing to do anything and either blows my DDs out of the water (literally) or rakes the ever-loving hell out of my bigger ships. It happens randomly, and there is no way to fix it/correct it in battle.

• Like 3

Emergency alliance mechanism is broken.

As GB I've been at war with USA for a long time, racking up on the victory points, getting ready to make peace and get some juicy territories. AI does not want to sign peace yet. OK, I'll continue wrecking their fleets. Then France gets in a war with US and I get an emergency alliance with France. Unfortunately that ALSO means I'm now suddenly at war with Germany and Spain. Ok, annoying but I can handle it. Few turns later, SOMEBODY gets in a war with SOMEBOBY (seriously I have no idea, there were like 10 messages) and I get dragged into more emergency alliances, everybody is at war with half the world and allied with the other half. 

But here is the problem: I am now suddenly ALLIED with the USA! So much of my time wasted for victory points that I now can never use. And so much more time wil have to be wasted fighting 5 wars that I never wanted to fight against navies that have no fleets left so are real hard to get points against.

• Like 3

The random events where a major power invades a minor power: the major power should maybe keep trying to invade that minor power while other stuff happens? Or win automatically? Or something?

I'm in a situation now where I've been fighting a war with Russia for four years because I randomly tried to invade Serbia. Fair enough, but I invaded with half their number of troops and my army was swiftly defeated. Seems like four years hence, I should be able to... try and conquer Serbia?

I get that the mechanics aren't set up to interact that way, it just results in a situation that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Some indication of what pressures are effecting GDP growth would also be nice. Since GDP and budget effect your ability to deploy the endgame techs widely, I'd honestly like to know why my peacetime GDP is stuck growing at 5% when everybody else's is doing 10%+. I mean, if it's just the difficulty setting, that's fine, if it's a population constraint, that's cool. Just, like, tell me.

Finally, IMHO if a country that has been broken up is trying to conquer part of their home territory, they should auto-win in one or two turns. In my current campaign, France has been trying to reassert control over Southern France for like 20 years now and I'm not sure what that implies about the French.

Similarly, when an empire collapses, IMO the regional/minor governments should be able to quickly and reliably assert control over their own territory. (Fiji should be able to assert control over Fiji within a few months, instead of it being Ungoverned Territory for decades.)

Edited by Dave P.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HistoricalAccuracyMan said:

I'm still getting the "locked turret rotation bug" in the latest version.

I’m seeing this problem as well, I can’t seem to see a definitive pattern but it happens with some ships more than others (especially my light cruisers). Possibly related I’m also seeing the ‘firing only one turret’ behaviour and the ‘target lock’ bug again. Ships sometimes fix themselves but I’ve had more than one battle in my Spanish campaign where these issues have forced me to retreat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brothermunro said:

‘firing only one turret’ behaviour

Yeah, I've been seeing this one too, but it isn't as often as the locked rotation thing.

Though something I have noticed though, the locked rotation thing usually happens on earlier ships (pre-1920s) where turrets/launchers are close together--like when I put two 5 inch guns back to back on the front of a DD to try and cram more firepower on it. The front most gun will always track the target, but the one directly behind it will only track for a few salvoes...then lock up and do nothing. If it is a more "modern" design where you can realistically/easily do AB-XY/AB-X gun layouts or when the guns/torpedo launchers are more spread out, it seems to happen less frequently.

I don't know if the proximity of turrets to each other is potentially causing this, but in the ship designer when I place them down I always manually check and see if the guns are clear/have a clear rotation arc and won't interfere with other guns/towers/funnels.

(Unrelated...but I love your videos!)

• Like 1

Get those damn guns to work. It's been plaguing the game for ages and still the bug is in this game. This should've been fixed two years ago. I'm so tired of having guns that don't shoot for no apparent reasons. 

Edited by Ribba
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 5:13 PM, Zuikaku said:

The complaints were because the devs at the time tried to implement realistic gun performance but hilariously unrealistic torpedo performance, with even very early torpedoes being 100% accurate and reliable all the time without being dependent on crew quality and being able to travel a great deal further than their listed maximum range. 

The other part was that small boats could be insanely durable before changes to the damage model- you could hit a TB/DD with dozens of penetrating 5-6" shells and it wouldn't matter unless you hit different sections of the ship. you could drop all kinds of holy hell on the bow of a 500 ton ship with all manner of guns and it wouldn't matter unless you hit something else.

Edited by StoneofTriumph
  • Like 3

Does anyone else thinks that invade order for TFs is broken? I can park TF right in front of enemy coast, set it to invade and it does nothing. It can just sit there for years, not generating any missions and not sinking any transports, ever. 

If it is working, how it is supposed to be used??!

As for protect order, I'm not sure. When I placed TF with protect order where my transports were slaughtered, losses seemed to drop, but since there is no any in game report about this...

Edited by Zuikaku

1 hour ago, Zuikaku said:

If it is working, how it is supposed to be used??

Naval invasion are set in the politics screen. You need to have 100k plus ship tonnage, in the same sea region where is the enemy province you want to invade, to have that option available to choose.

Invade order in a TF, is to set the default behavior, to hunt enemy merchants and ignore your merchants ships. 

Edited by o Barão

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

Naval invasion are set in the politics screen. You need to have 100k plus ship tonnage, in the same sea region where is the enemy province you want to invade, to have that option available to choose.

Invade order in a TF, is to set the default behavior, to hunt enemy merchants and ignore your merchants ships. 

I'm talking about TF order and it is not doing anything!!

The diplomacy has completely lost track now. Almost every month new alliances are made, making all VP gained on enemies lost and suddenly becoming allied with former enemies that I've fought for years.

As of now, I'm allied with the British (which was my main enemy for years), almost at war with AH (-95) and France (-99), all of whom I were at war with last month, and at war with the rest of the world. The reason for the change is that Spain declared war on me. So of course, I allied up with my main rivals. 

Bilde_2023-04-03_115720583.png

Edited by Ribba
  • Like 4

i had a old bug return today where 2 ai battleships did not move and they did not show up logo above the ships and when i left the battle in loading screen the game freeze and i tried click esc but it would not let me leave so i had to leave the game by click on window 

17 hours ago, Käptn_Flitschauge said:

@Nick Thomadis

Hope I'm not too annoying with this question, but how is the next patch coming along?

We will offer the beta within this week, hopefully, without the new hulls but with the improved campaign loading times, the new weather visuals and various other. From then on we will update the beta frequently, until the patch becomes released fully stable.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1