Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

I no longer have perpetual alliances instead I have perpetual war.   The peace treaty button is now greyed out when at war.   Im slaughtering Spain as USA but no offer of peace from them nor can can I offer it anymore.

12 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello Admirals,

This is another small update addressing things you reported the last days,

Hotfix Update v1.2.6 7/3/2023
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069660/view/3645138894517641914

Further financial challenge? Great. I'm currently drowning in my France campaign where I'm only able to stay in the black when I'm at the war, because my 'Centre Party' government has a pathetic modifier for naval funds. I need the hulls in the water to contend with the huge fleets everyone else seems capable of spamming out.

EDIT: I should add that this shouldn't be such a struggle to balance the books; I control most of West Africa, have absorbed all of Spain's Caribbean & European holdings and have taken chunks out of mainland China and Russia's Asian holdings. You'd think that would allow a bit of economic headroom to afford a decent fleet for home waters plus cruisers out in the various sea regions, but apparently not

Edited by AdmiralBert
Further detail
  • Like 1

Monthballed ships are still being recrewed if add crew button is checked. Please ,make engine to prevend adding crew to monthballed ships!

Good thing is that minor allies finally buy monthballed ships. Not only that, but they actually compete to get them!

Edited by Zuikaku
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, AdmiralBert said:

Further financial challenge? Great. I'm currently drowning in my France campaign where I'm only able to stay in the black when I'm at the war, because my 'Centre Party' government has a pathetic modifier for naval funds. I need the hulls in the water to contend with the huge fleets everyone else seems capable of spamming out.

EDIT: I should add that this shouldn't be such a struggle to balance the books; I control most of West Africa, have absorbed all of Spain's Caribbean & European holdings and have taken chunks out of mainland China and Russia's Asian holdings. You'd think that would allow a bit of economic headroom to afford a decent fleet for home waters plus cruisers out in the various sea regions, but apparently not

What is your GDP and GDP growth rate and how much oil do you have vs the others and their GPD?

I contend there is something wrong with the oil calculation for some circumstances.  A few days ago I went through every one of Germany's territories and added the oil up and it didn't get close to what was being displayed.  

I would love to know the formula for GDP and then hand check it.

longest load time I have is from exciting design, wich takes 6-8 seconds late 1890 game. Any other menu time is barely a second, while turn times vary from 3-10 seconds, depending on AI actions.

running on an i9-13900kf on a Z790, samsung pro 990 gaming disc and 64gb ddr5-5200 (and rtx4090)

Never really had load time issues in this game (starting 1.06). But the return from design menu is a bit annoying

4 hours ago, AdmiralBert said:

I just started a new campaign (1920) to see things fresh.  Keeping a balanced budget as the UK will be tough.

I built like 10 BB and then about 170DD (keeping it simple for this right now) and can't max out transports, research and training with the ships 'in being.'

Oh, and the starting point for GDP growth for the USA was 23%.  USSR was 16%.  

8 hours ago, Idean said:

I no longer have perpetual alliances instead I have perpetual war.   The peace treaty button is now greyed out when at war.   Im slaughtering Spain as USA but no offer of peace from them nor can can I offer it anymore.

It's really weird had the inverse kinda would fight one battle, AI would ask for peace few turns later they'd peace out leave their fleets in my waters tension builds back up and I'd have forever wars where I can't take anything because they peace out every 7 turns

Am I the only one dealing with the AI having absurd accuracy, especially with their secondarys? They have half the tech levels I do and double the accuracy on similar class ships with similar size.  It definitely feels like something changed in the last couple patches.

4 hours ago, Schmitty21 said:

Am I the only one dealing with the AI having absurd accuracy, especially with their secondarys? They have half the tech levels I do and double the accuracy on similar class ships with similar size.  It definitely feels like something changed in the last couple patches.

Yes, they just keep peppering me with lower techs and green crews while my ships struggle to land a hit with seasoned crews and better techs. At first I thought it was just unlucky battle but that kept repesting. After that I thought I made some terrible Cl design, but enemy Cls are worse tech and gunwise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fangoriously said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Just started a 1930 AH campaign, and everyone with no oil rich providence, AH, Spain, Japan, has some kind of stack overflow for barrel amount.

I've noticed that too....I didn't pay much attention to it because they should calculate to zero and 9.7*10^-11 is essentially zero; probably a rounding error that they need to clean up and tell it to round to the nearest integer. 

I have been more worried with just wrong calculations and the world production of several trillion barrels per year.  

----------------------------------

So I find myself not wanting to play this game tonight.  It seems some of the patches lately have made some things worse so that they may be robbing the enjoyability out of it.

It looks like it is going to be difficult to balance your budget with any more than a handful of ships.  That is unless you're the USA which gets an economic growth rate that is just bonkers.  

Oil, which I am told is a driver of a nation's economy, makes no sense with the calculations.  

Those ships are apt to get chewed up by the ai in combat using inferior ships.

A lot of the missions I seem to get are these destroyer attack missions on a BB which I can't withdraw from and then spend several minutes manually withdrawing.  

Right now, I'm willing to overlook the alliance system and the ways wars work or there are circumstances where a submarine seems far too powerful.  

Edited by applegrcoug

Subs shoul'd be more efficient against capital ships and less efficient against destroyers and TBs. 

Also, sub action shoul'd not stop the movement of the TFs, instead of that if TFs pass over sub zone of control subs might get a chance to attack. Either attack occure or not, TFs do not slow down and cover entire distance. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, applegrcoug said:

What is your GDP and GDP growth rate and how much oil do you have vs the others and their GPD?

I contend there is something wrong with the oil calculation for some circumstances.  A few days ago I went through every one of Germany's territories and added the oil up and it didn't get close to what was being displayed.  

I would love to know the formula for GDP and then hand check it.

image.thumb.png.170e3de4ac0c139f331224324cdbb9f7.pngimage.thumb.png.03c2f37360c1dae632c23aed35140f22.png

From looking at the numbers, something seems laughably wrong with my oil figures. It seems to claim I produce 18k ish, despite the fact I control Sumatra which puts out around 52k barrels.

2 hours ago, AdmiralBert said:

image.thumb.png.170e3de4ac0c139f331224324cdbb9f7.pngimage.thumb.png.03c2f37360c1dae632c23aed35140f22.png

From looking at the numbers, something seems laughably wrong with my oil figures. It seems to claim I produce 18k ish, despite the fact I control Sumatra which puts out around 52k barrels.

My gut says France is probably correct.  Sumatra at 52K would then have to be multiplied by the population of Sumatra to get total barrels produced and then divided out by France's entire population to get the effect of Sumatra.  

The one that REALLY looks wonky is Japan.  Seven provinces that average out to 483k?  No way.  You know the Japanese home provinces aren't good for much, so what else do they have giving them that much?  I am starting to think it is a wonky alliance calculation that isn't being handled correctly.

4 hours ago, applegrcoug said:

My gut says France is probably correct.  Sumatra at 52K would then have to be multiplied by the population of Sumatra to get total barrels produced and then divided out by France's entire population to get the effect of Sumatra.  

The one that REALLY looks wonky is Japan.  Seven provinces that average out to 483k?  No way.  You know the Japanese home provinces aren't good for much, so what else do they have giving them that much?  I am starting to think it is a wonky alliance calculation that isn't being handled correctly.

I hadn't really thought about the number shown being influenced by population size. Still, my fuel bill doesn't appear the big issue.

The big issue I'm currently having is seemingly Japan & America have infinite money and a vastly bigger naval budget and there's nothing I can do to influence my own budget to compete. This is where things currently stand:

image.thumb.png.abd3c39a29153c060e8371c7467f292e.png

The US budget seems in proportion to mine once we factor in GDP, but the Japanese have seemingly gone berserk. In the few years since my previous images, they've massively built up their navy and their naval budget is nearly three times mine. They somehow have a +62% bonus to their naval budget from their government being nationalist-dominated, but I have no control of my government makeup so keep getting Centre 'elected' so get no meaningful bonus to make up the difference. My campaign is effectively done now, as Peace Were Declared leaving me with a massive deficit while Japan and the US just keep printing ships. @Nick Thomadis, is this the 'challenge' you are expecting us to deal with?

Edited by AdmiralBert
Details

4 hours ago, AdmiralBert said:

I hadn't really thought about the number shown being influenced by population size. Still, my fuel bill doesn't appear the big issue.

The big issue I'm currently having is seemingly Japan & America have infinite money and a vastly bigger naval budget and there's nothing I can do to influence my own budget to compete. This is where things currently stand:

image.thumb.png.abd3c39a29153c060e8371c7467f292e.png

The US budget seems in proportion to mine once we factor in GDP, but the Japanese have seemingly gone berserk. In the few years since my previous images, they've massively built up their navy and their naval budget is nearly three times mine. They somehow have a +62% bonus to their naval budget from their government being nationalist-dominated, but I have no control of my government makeup so keep getting Centre 'elected' so get no meaningful bonus to make up the difference. My campaign is effectively done now, as Peace Were Declared leaving me with a massive deficit while Japan and the US just keep printing ships. @Nick Thomadis, is this the 'challenge' you are expecting us to deal with?

Hello! from reading your previous posts I was wondering if you knew that your GDP growth is pretty much directly tied to your transport quantity. Usually when a new campaign is started it is highly recommended to put the transport slider to the maximum until you reach 200% (I believe it to be the max) transport quantity. 

Transports directly affect the GDP growth of your country and while yes some governments do get bonuses to naval budget like Japan, they get massive penalties to GDP growth to compensate. While on the other hand France and the USA get a HUGE bonus to GDP growth since they are democratic. So in this case you not putting your transport slider from the start to the max probably cost you around 100.000.000.000 GDP , you would be close to tied with the US if your transport quantity was 200% or at least close to. Since the way GDP works in this game the faster you can get a good GDP growth rate per month, the more you reap the benefits in the later stages of the campaign. For example a 1900 USA start with max sliders on Transports will usually reach the one trillion mark around 1929-30 depending on how many wars your fought!

EDIT : I went to check my Germany campaign that I started about 3 weeks ago in 1900, I'm currently in 1924 and 371.013.300.000 GDP with a 15.4633% GDP growth per year or 1.205% per month. So yeah Transport pretty good! Imagine if I was France or the USA probably close to 600-700 

Edited by Deathbringer221

1 hour ago, Deathbringer221 said:

Hello! from reading your previous posts I was wondering if you knew that your GDP growth is pretty much directly tied to your transport quantity. Usually when a new campaign is started it is highly recommended to put the transport slider to the maximum until you reach 200% (I believe it to be the max) transport quantity. 

Transports directly affect the GDP growth of your country and while yes some governments do get bonuses to naval budget like Japan, they get massive penalties to GDP growth to compensate. While on the other hand France and the USA get a HUGE bonus to GDP growth since they are democratic. So in this case you not putting your transport slider from the start to the max probably cost you around 100.000.000.000 GDP , you would be close to tied with the US if your transport quantity was 200% or at least close to. Since the way GDP works in this game the faster you can get a good GDP growth rate per month, the more you reap the benefits in the later stages of the campaign. For example a 1900 USA start with max sliders on Transports will usually reach the one trillion mark around 1929-30 depending on how many wars your fought!

EDIT : I went to check my Germany campaign that I started about 3 weeks ago in 1900, I'm currently in 1924 and 371.013.300.000 GDP with a 15.4633% GDP growth per year or 1.205% per month. So yeah Transport pretty good! Imagine if I was France or the USA probably close to 600-700 

Yes, transports are important.  I think the max is 190% as that is high as mine got and stayed there for years...

However, there is something else going on with the economic situation.  After my investigations last night, I'm not sure it has much to do with oil.  I have just noticed the oil calcs can't be right/representative.  Either they are just wrong or oil is being double/triple counted.  

In the campaign I started in 1910 by the 1940s the USA was over $3 trillion in GDP.  No other country eclipsed $1 trillion.  In fact, if you added everyone else up, you wouldn't even get to $1.5 trillion.  In the real world, if you were to look at the first half of the 20th century, the GDPs of western Europe would be more than that of the USA.  And yes, the USA was at war just as much as everyone else.  So what is going on?  

What I think that is going on has to do with the economic and population growth coefficients for each individual territory.  I looked in a fresh save file that I created and was looking at the wealth growth numbers and I think they are over doing the USA in relation to the other industrialized regions of the world.  What I may try tonight is giving all of them the exact same value and see what happens.  

It seems that once we initiate a naval invasion, a usually dormant enemy suddenly loves to engage us. Most of the time, sending a DD that starts the engagement but immediately turns away and run and the TF that just engage the DD and suffer no damage at all then return to the home port, which takes 4 turns (Pillau to Adriatic Ionian Sea) instantly.
AI has a considerable amount of ships (even British, which reemerge after the collapse, has 1/4th of my GDP but wields 4 times as much). Low tech, and still using Pre Dreadnought hull in 1910.

I still cannot comprehend how to initiate a ground attack/invasion at war; it seems like it's RNG/random chances? Just before this playthrough, I always defending when at war with AH, but now I am the one who constantly attacks. Diplomacy on minor is also lacking, how do I influence our government invade other minors?

Ok, so now I'm just getting more and more confused with my new 1920 test campaign...

I started writing down territories and population and income...there are things that just seem whacky.  For the most part, the population figures aren't screaming out at me, but the GDP stuff sure is.

Here are just a few juicy ones:

Scotland 

6,484,860 people 

$ 1,408,637,000 Income

$217 per person

Southern England

23,986,520 people

$ 1,737,846,000 Income

$72.45/person

Western Germany

26,972,390 people

$ 1,778,139,000 Income

$65.92/person

Heligoland

1,450 people

$ 45,148,570 Income

$31,136.94/person

Eastern USA

33,159,650 people

$ 718,831,500 Income

$ 21.68/person

Eastern Aleutians

1,740 people

$ 74,465,900 Income

$ 42,796.49/person

• Like 1

I think the main thing is we need a bit more tooltip-based transparency for how the economy mechanics work.  All things should not be equal, but it should be clear what is going on. 

These factors are important when it comes to planning how we fight wars (or it should be), and it should work towards limited blockade mechanics involving controlling sea lanes between home countries and overseas territories.  It's all well and good to have a global empire, but you shouldn't be able to collect the money from that empire if your super valuable clay cannot be reached because an enemy fleet is sitting on the route to it.  This could help force fights at sea rather than sitting around with thumbs up asses doing naval invasions, and the same system could effect army reinforcement of overseas territories. 

Also, ever fix the hello kittying tooltips so they stop displaying beyond screen boundaries.  This isn't hard to do in Unity.

• Like 1