Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

5 hours ago, smsvu said:

It really likes to put secondarys on large and/or useless and/or impeding barbettes.

I have to correct myself, it also puts bigger guns on smaller barbettes. I don't know how it got the idea to just use the larger barbette for the smaller gun and vice versa. Weight distribution is not an argument it's 23.6.20230128055100_1.thumb.jpg.5088b5870a8d60490def537c50d33de1.jpg..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

The problem with this, is that even if they were refitted, AI still pretty much fails at doing refits. In my experience, AI refitted ships still more often than not are somehow worse than the original ones. Something that has not been adressed at all despite being a reported issue since refit was introduced.

This is very noticeable on ships from SD. The AI should simply improve fire control, replace shells, etc like IRL.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, anonusername said:

TBs not firing is usually a result of the rotation on their torpedos being too slow. Could also be a bug. It is often hard to tell if something is bugged, or if the UI is just bad at communicating to the player what is happening.

Yes, you are correct. This record started after my TBs reached the target and fail to launch the torpedoes when they were still sailing in a straight line. So is still a bug.  Or maybe they are refusing to launch the torpedoes because there are friendlies in the area? Maybe.

could use some awnser no matter what type of shells i cant seem to pen germans stupid cruisers no metter from what angle not even when the ships a about 1 km out from my ship battleship have seen the stupid c ruisers do more damage to my bb then my bb do damage to germany cruiser

Minor bug report

• academy missions
  • design ship process

hmpSJsc.jpg

Sometimes I choose to create a new design just to get a different nation and components. However, if I delete that design and go to the first one, the game will not allow me to edit the ship. I will need to go out to the mission list and open again the dockyard.

2 hours ago, kineuhansen said:

could use some awnser no matter what type of shells i cant seem to pen germans stupid cruisers no metter from what angle not even when the ships a about 1 km out from my ship battleship have seen the stupid cruisers do more damage to my bb then my bb do damage to germany cruiser

THis is how the game felt for me last week before the last update. Now things work for me. What age you are  fighting on? It might be something specific, as the last bug was related to the citadel inner belt. Or might be something that did not update correctly

Also test from further away, around  4km. I noticed battleships higher level makes them  have horrible shots at point blank range against smaller ships sometimes (but even with that problem my battleships usually murder CAs unless they are hit by torpedoes.

Edited by TiagoStein

17 minutes ago, TiagoStein said:

THis is how the game felt for me last week before the last update. Now things work for me. What age you are  fighting on? It might be something specific, as the last bug was related to the citadel inner belt. Or might be something that did not update correctly

I've still been having the same kinds of problems, even with the latest update, fighting against light cruisers with thin armor and no inner belt. The belt armor, especially the main belt, just refuses to get penetrated. by 9"+ guns.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StoneofTriumph said:

I've still been having the same kinds of problems, even with the latest update, fighting against light cruisers with thin armor and no inner belt. The belt armor, especially the main belt, just refuses to get penetrated. by 9"+ guns.

I do  believe in the bug, because I faced it, what amazes me is  why for me they were fixed (seriously yesterday I had an amazing sequence where 3 CA blew up  4 CL in less than 10 minutes (1908 tech). I am starting to believe there is more than one bug and possible related to tech level (I only ply up to  1917 tech level or something wrogn with the update process.

1 hour ago, TiagoStein said:

I do  believe in the bug, because I faced it, what amazes me is  why for me they were fixed (seriously yesterday I had an amazing sequence where 3 CA blew up  4 CL in less than 10 minutes (1908 tech). I am starting to believe there is more than one bug and possible related to tech level (I only ply up to  1917 tech level or something wrogn with the update process.

I was playing with 1901 tech myself.

2 hours ago, TiagoStein said:

I agree. I have noticed the bug become noticeably less severe after the update. I have the problem come up vs CAs in the 1890 start, who will get penetrated by 5" AP but block 12" AP on their main belt. You can also replicate it easily in custom battle by designing a BB within minimum armor on AoN and fighting it with a super-BB with 18" AP guns.

2 hours ago, StoneofTriumph said:

Can you pen with smaller guns? When I am unable to pen CLs and CAs with big guns, I usually find that the 5" or less smaller guns have a chance to pen. I suspect there is something off with the overpen logic interacting with the Citadel logic.

35 minutes ago, anonusername said:

I suspect there is something off with the overpen logic interacting with the Citadel logic.

yup, that was my suspect since my first time reporting it because ships without citadel never fail to explode under 12 inch guns. Well might be simply the case of citadels working as intended and just these are reported as overpens ( a missclassification  issue). What that does not explain is why StoneoTriumph still   face completely unpenetrable ships as if the fix had never happened. I do get some weird  here and there  blocks but they are rare enough that I  take them as absurd position impacts that result in weird geometry of penetration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiagoStein said:

yup, that was my suspect since my first time reporting it because ships without citadel never fail to explode under 12 inch guns. Well might be simply the case of citadels working as intended and just these are reported as overpens ( a missclassification  issue). What that does not explain is why StoneoTriumph still   face completely unpenetrable ships as if the fix had never happened. I do get some weird  here and there  blocks but they are rare enough that I  take them as absurd position impacts that result in weird geometry of penetration.

I would be fine with citadel giving partial pens, but not with totally blocking all damage. Esp. when I get full penetration with 5" guns... The reason it only happens to some people is that you need a substantially bigger difference in penetration vs. effective armor now. Previously even relatively small amounts of pen would trigger the bug. Now you need to have 3x or maybe even 4x penetration, which is dependent on your designs and the AI designs. e.g. If you build BBs with max length main guns and AP shells, while the AI builds swarms of shitty CAs (*cough* Spain *cough*), this is more likely to be an issue.

Edited by anonusername

another problem is that if you hit the superstructure, the funnel or the secondary turrets the damage will be transmitted to the hull without being decreased, also if you continue to hit these points with more hits the damage will not be saturated thus leading to the destruction of the ship by hitting only these points

• Like 1

I think the corrections to AI turning have proven excessive. Previously, the turning was underdamped and would the AI would repeatedly overshoot the turn. Now, the turning is overdamped the AI makes turns extremely slowly to avoid even 1 overshoot. The AI should be allowed to overshoot a turn moderately and then correct back. So long as it only overshoots 1-3 times and not a dozen times, it won't look weird and will solve the issue of slow turns. Currently, I have to micro turns by manually overshooting and then changing the turn back to the actual intended direction.

9 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,
Please note that the game has just received the following fixes and improvements:

Hotfix Update v1.1.4 28/1/2023
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069660/view/3653017023930307716 

I am sure the penetration calculation is further improved (I haven't had time to properly test in campaign and other realistic scenarios), but the calculation is still bugged in the custom battle config I use for testing it. (I have an 18" 1940 BB tuned for maximum penetration vs. a 1915 BB with minimal belt armor, but the best 1915 citadel tech.) The penetration estimator shows all belt sections as "green" at a range of 2km, but the 18" AP shells are still blocked by 9" of main belt armor. Aft and forward belt penetration works as expected.

Just now, anonusername said:

I am sure the penetration calculation is further improved (I haven't had time to properly test in campaign and other realistic scenarios), but the calculation is still bugged in the custom battle config I use for testing it. (I have an 18" 1940 BB tuned for maximum penetration vs. a 1915 BB with minimal belt armor, but the best 1915 citadel tech.) The penetration estimator shows all belt sections as "green" at a range of 2km, but the 18" AP shells are still blocked by 9" of main belt armor. Aft and forward belt penetration works as expected.

Take screenshots or in game bug reports if you haven't already. 

My campaign was corrupted by a glitch after taking all the Austrian ports in a naval invasion. It seems to have caused a problem because the ships which in port when the invasion concluded have no where to go. My log is full of critical errors. e.g.

[CRITICAL ERROR] Move <color=#B2AE7F>XX Klosterneuburg</color> of <color=#B2AE7F>Austria-Hungary</color> to port Spalato of <color=#7FA9CC>United States</color>
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
VesselEntity:SetPortLocation(PortElement, Guid, Boolean, Boolean)
VesselEntity:FromBaseStore(VesselEntityStore, Boolean)
Ship:FromStore(Store, Nullable`1, Ship, Player, Boolean)
<LoadCampaign>d__98:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Edit: Deleting the affected ships from my save file resolved the problem. It appears the error is also raised for ottoman ships in ports which have been lost to rebellion, but that the game is able to recover by sending the ottoman ships to their remaining ports.

Edited by anonusername