Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

1 minute ago, Zuikaku said:

AI learned how to win. It's not so easy anymore. There are more draws and sometimes I just have to pop up the smokescreen and try to withdraw. Great improvements so far!

I would not say it learned how to win, most hat it learned to not lemming itself into the abyss at least.

Damage bleed is cool, but not from unarmored sections to the citadel. Ok, they blew my bow off with HE because they can't pen my citadel. That's absolutely fair. But because they keep landing hits on the destroyed extended sections, it should NOT destroy protected sections deeper in the ship. That's absurd.

dOHoQrB.png

This is the fourth capital ship I've lost in this campaign to enemy battlecruisers shooting <12" HE.

I'm going to start putting exactly 0 armor on extended sections and see if that saves it.

We need a front/back box to the citadel.

https://imgur.com/dOHoQ

• Like 5

Another, related example. Clearly, my opponent's 14.1" shells are only getting partials. Good!

So why is it that when the main tower is hit, suddenly the entire front of the ship explodes, down into the machinery spaces? All this damage is from a single hit... to the superstructure.

You can observe the same issue with funnels. Frequently, my battleships will hit an enemy's funnel & the whole ship goes up. It's not right.

Damage bleed is good, but not from outside the citadel to inside the citadel.

MpUdZjL.png

Edited by neph
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, neph said:

Damage bleed is cool, but not from unarmored sections to the citadel. Ok, they blew my bow off with HE because they can't pen my citadel. That's absolutely fair. But because they keep landing hits on the destroyed extended sections, it should NOT destroy protected sections deeper in the ship. That's absurd.

dOHoQrB.png

This is the fourth capital ship I've lost in this campaign to enemy battlecruisers shooting <12" HE.

I'm going to start putting exactly 0 armor on extended sections and see if that saves it.

We need a front/back box to the citadel.

https://imgur.com/dOHoQ

What age you are playing? I have been facing no such issues.  My battleships  are really impervious to  CA weapons and I only need to avoid their torpedoes (in my case WW1 level tech). But I do use fore and Aft belt  ALWAYS above 7 inch

2 minutes ago, TiagoStein said:

What age you are playing? I have been facing no such issues.  My battleships  are really impervious to  CA weapons and I only need to avoid their torpedoes (in my case WW1 level tech). But I do use fore and Aft belt  ALWAYS above 7 inch

I think you misread. Battlecruiser weapons (11-12") that have semi-ballistic or other high-penetration HE, will fire HE at me because their AP cannot pen.

When they do, their high-penetration, high caliber HE achieves a full penetration on my stern/bow. When that happens, components inside my citadel are damaged. They will quickly kill the entire ship by shooting at my bow, without ever being able to achieve a main penetrating hit.

This is unrealistic because in real life, the citadel has a front & back to it, so explosions in the bow/stern do not damage the interior of the citadel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, neph said:

I think you misread. Battlecruiser weapons (11-12") that have semi-ballistic or other high-penetration HE, will fire HE at me because their AP cannot pen.

When they do, their high-penetration, high caliber HE achieves a full penetration on my stern/bow. When that happens, components inside my citadel are damaged. They will quickly kill the entire ship by shooting at my bow, without ever being able to achieve a main penetrating hit.

This is unrealistic because in real life, the citadel has a front & back to it, so explosions in the bow/stern do not damage the interior of the citadel.

Maybe your crew forgot to close all of the hatches and bulkhead doors ;)

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

That solution would def require less work. But what he was suggesting would require a change to how gun models get associated. 

What I need is the gun model, I can live without the upgrade, and make up for using an older version of a gun with other upgrades to fire-control and loading arrangements. This solution is probably the best we can we can get.

10 hours ago, AdmiralBert said:

Having run into this recently (1903ish vintage light cruisers no longer being able to mount 4 inch batteries once MK4 versions are unlocked)....

I'm actually fine with it. Sometimes you need the push to design a replacement vessel. By the time gun tech advances to the point where the new version cannot fit where the old one was, you are likely looking at a long list of other upgrades (up to and including completely replacing the powerplant, changing the armour plate and other such things). As it stands, such work seems to be magically possible in a month or two, when in reality such jobs would be a major project requiring the ship to be out of action for the best part of a year, or wouldn't be done because the money could just be spent on an entirely new vessel. If they have to delve into the refit system to 'fix' the imposition of new gun marks (for the sake of realism), would you be happy for them to apply the same realism to the rest of it?

No the problem is every other component on a ship has to be manually upgraded, but guns are automatic.

Simple fix is to stop the automatic upgrade in keeping with how other components are not upgraded automatically.

Then someone can decide if they want to manually upgrade the guns to the new version by removing/replacing. Ever noticed how if some tech becomes obsolete, you can still complete a refit with it if you didn't change that component? (ex. propellant). This applies to torpedo tubes as well, but they don't seem to scale with higher marks. 

Refit realism is a whole other subject which could use many fixes.  

Edited by madham82
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, madham82 said:

No the problem is every other component on a ship has to be manually upgraded, but guns are automatic.

Simple fix is to stop the automatic upgrade in keeping with how other components are not upgraded automatically.

Then someone can decide if they want to manually upgrade the guns to the new version by removing/replacing. Ever noticed how if some tech becomes obsolete, you can still complete a refit with it if you didn't change that component? (ex. propellant). This applies to torpedo tubes as well, but they don't seem to scale with higher marks. 

Refit realism is a whole other subject which could use many fixes.  

Torpedo tubes auto upgrades  now (although a bit buggy) and it creates the same problem as upgrading guns

Edited by Terminus Est
  • Like 3

Had a problem getting no vp from taking land with a naval invasion.  Failed landings gave China 60k vp twice in a row which then caused a rebellion in  korea.  The military conflict mission also never went away after the 7 months was up .  Quit campaign  for  the  night and tried to load save yesterday  and it crashes now.

1 hour ago, neph said:

Bug with invasions.

I am invading a province. A revolt starts. I win it. Soon, the revolt succeeds (against the weak former controller) & I lose the province.

U need to have a ship in that port so that the people no u care about them its a show of power as well

Tried my third campaign since the 1.1.4 update. All three save files have become corrupted, and are no longer playable. This makes the campaign unplayable. Is anyone else having this issue?

Edited by Josh

This or at least variations of this seem to have been reportet before, but just to reaffirm: 

After I conquered Croatia, cutting off Austro- Hungary from the sea, initially a final battle with most of their remaining fleet (Which was only 10 Cruisers and a few Torpedo Boats) was activated. After the battle (in which a few TBs escaped) the game crashed on loading. 
Ever since then, the last save (which was, judging from the time, at the beginning of the turn but before the battle) also always produces a crash in the "loading world"- phase. 

Since the campaign is inaccessible, I can not send an ingame bug report, so just wanted to chime in here. 

Other than that, I really liked the changes so far, although only being able to launch 1 Naval Invasion simultaneously feels weird. 
Also I frequently had a bug where Naval Invasions don't start because of other diplomatic actions (esp. the NPC nation failing to "force" a peace treaty), effectively delaying it for two turns, since the cooldown for initiating an invasion still applies. 

Edited by ColonelZoom
Forgot to specify the enemy fleet wasnt wiped out

1 hour ago, Dave P. said:

I know this has been talked to death but any chance I could at least enough of a boost to spotting when somebody's shooting at me and I have line-of-sight so I can occasionally shoot back?

Check out admiralsnackbars balance mod 🙏

• Like 3

Just lost another campaign save because of the Austro-Hungarian Navy losing all of its ports. Please, for the love of God, find a fix for this. I know it's not realistic for the Empire to collapse outright if it loses Croatia and Montenegro, but please make an exception just to stop this bug from happening. Adding ports to Bosnia-Herzegovina and Slovenia would also help, just so they can have a bit more breathing room before being completely knocked out of the game. Also, for the sake of realism maybe consider making the Austro-Hungarian Empire collapse if they no longer own Austria or Hungary? Or change the name to something that makes a bit more sense like Yugoslavia?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

Just lost another campaign save because of the Austro-Hungarian Navy losing all of its ports. Please, for the love of God, find a fix for this. I know it's not realistic for the Empire to collapse outright if it loses Croatia and Montenegro, but please make an exception just to stop this bug from happening. Adding ports to Bosnia-Herzegovina and Slovenia would also help, just so they can have a bit more breathing room before being completely knocked out of the game. Also, for the sake of realism maybe consider making the Austro-Hungarian Empire collapse if they no longer own Austria or Hungary? Or change the name to something that makes a bit more sense like Yugoslavia?

Italy can't take a breath. Even if you defeat this monster, it will blow up your game.

16 hours ago, neph said:

more or less  fire still is a problem. Although the components inside the citadel should indeed nto be damaged (just the ship before that stop being a ship and become a coffin)

28 minutes ago, Lima said:

It looks like the eternal war is back. I'm fighting against Britain and France. Britain made peace, but remained an ally with France. The next turn is war. Works and vice versa.

Sure is, that's why I stopped playing my current campaign.