Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

25 minutes ago, Grizli60rus said:

Thanks for the fix! Regarding the release and support of the game, is there a chance or plans for additions to the UAD? (yes, I may be  early, but it's interesting). Scenarios, packages of hulls, maybe aviation and catapults on ships? Convoys and their routes? Several types of other resources? Maybe an extension of the time frame? Officers and their skills? Camouflage of ships? Creating permanent formations of ships (divisions, flirts) with a fixed set of ships and much, much more, what else could improve this wonderful game?

Captains and admirals were planned and announced but nothing was heard of them since then.

• Like 2

1. I don't understand how to start a war, seems like increasing tension with the fleet doesn't work (eg. putting ships on sea control or even moving them around) (So I generally need to spam the Increase tension under Political tab)
2. When playing battles with more than a few ships the game runs at literally 3 FPS = unplayable. (huge issue)
3. Penetration seems better, need more testing.
4. I have too much money in campaign, after a year I'm well over a billion with most nations I played with everything maxed out and building 30+ ships.

Just a few stuff I noticed before I stopped playing until performance in battles gets fixed.

13 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It should be fixed.

I would dare to say  it is overfixed.  I played 17 years yesterday 1890 o 1907 with italy and trying to instigate wars with all I could.. result  Zero wars, not only from me but from any country. Went to sleep because  it was impossible to get any violence to happen.

35 минут назад ТьягоСтейн сказал:

Я бы осмелился сказать, что он завышен. Я играл 17 лет вчера 1890 или 1907 с Италией и пытался спровоцировать войны всеми возможными способами. Результат Нулевых войн не только от меня, но и от любой страны. Лег спать, потому что невозможно было добиться какого-либо насилия.

а я, наоборот, веду всеобщую мировую войну против всех

2 hours ago, Senta95 said:

2. When playing battles with more than a few ships the game runs at literally 3 FPS = unplayable. (huge issue)

So you have a very weak PC. I recommend buying at least some Nvidia 9090 160GB DDR30.

Future Nvidia 9090 - 9GAG

Plus some 128 core processor.
Then it will run like mine at least 10FPS!

(Sadly reported many times - no one helped).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, GronusCZ said:

So you have a very weak PC. I recommend buying at least some Nvidia 9090 160GB DDR30.

Future Nvidia 9090 - 9GAG

Plus some 128 core processor.
Then it will run like mine at least 10FPS!

(Sadly reported many times - no one helped).

Close the  auxiliary window where the guns and ships stats are shown, It consumes 90% of the  CPU in the game.

9 hours ago, anonusername said:

We all want this game to succeed, and it understandable for an EA game to have some problems, but the communication from game labs is very unclear and frequently seems to have a view of the game's state which does not match the experiences of players. It would be very disappointing if this game released in a buggy state and developed a permanent stain of poor post-EA reviews and reputation. I am okay with purchasing the the unimplemented hulls or additional features as DLC, but not with a buggy and frustrating game. I (and I think most players agree) would rather have a polished game with great naval battles even if it meant missing out on campaign features or specific content.

Profit? Game Labs will don't have any profit from polishing this game, they want sell it and close the project as soon as possible. This game is unsuccessfully project from financial perspective, that is why they force adding new features, to be able to "finish" it as soon as possible. If we reach full release it will be good... 

Only mods/players will be able to fix it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Plazma said:

Profit? Game Labs will don't have any profit from polishing this game, they want sell it and close the project as soon as possible. This game is unsuccessfully project from financial perspective, that is why they force adding new features, to be able to "finish" it as soon as possible. If we reach full release it will be good... 

Only mods/players will be able to fix it. 

Seems you have different sources that we do? Non sensical and off topic posts are disallowed in the feedback thread. Please be warned.

• Like 2

Please, for the love of your admirals sanity, fix the issue with clicking on ports (and consequently sending ships to ports). This is even a problem zoomed all the way in.

Mouse over Yokosuka - ok

Mouse over Tokio - not ok

This is only one example of many. It seems the region/sea info window gets in the way, and given priority.

keep up the good work

Edited by MDHansen
Clarify

so Screening destroyers aren't completely hopeless. Most of the time they stay between enemy fleet and your BB/BCs and start charging towards enemies to unload torpedoes then make their way back while reloading. 

There is a few hickups here and there, but all in all not bad.

Biggest issue is if they get too close to their parent BB/BC they eat all incoming shells 😬

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

More things I see...

Sometimes it takes me several tried to move ships to another port.  I click the move ships, then right click the port I want to go and then it is greyed out.  Try again, same result...then after three or four tried I can move them.

Ships moving to ports sometimes almost make it.  They stay parked right outside the port, but don't go in.  When I click the ship and ask it to go to that port, it will still be there the next turn.  I have to ask it to go to another port.

With an alliance I have with another country, I can not cancel the alliance.  I have to wait for the AI to cancel it.

I still can't initiate a naval invasion.

"A different fate":
- Triple Expansion engines should be available, as well as Nickel-steel armor. The USS Maine used both of these technologies.

- The ten inch turrets should be slightly smaller to fit properly on the ship.

- The six inch turrets are WAY too big. How are they supposed to fit as secondaries on ANY American battleship of this era? They're almost as big as main guns! The only guns that will fit in their 'correct' place on the superstructure are 4 inchers.

Some pet peeves I'd like to see fixed before full release:

1) info windows are huge and are always given priority. It makes it hard to manage my fleet in the fleet tab when the info pop-up takes up half the list! I'd prefer to see a delay before it appears, or maybe make it so you have to mouse over an info column on that table.

2) same as #1 but for the world map. Info windows get in the way a lot.

3) Not being able to move ships to a port is extremely annoying.

4) It's kinda hard to find a ship's range. As far as I'm aware it's only available on in the dockyard and when you're mousing over a fleet that's already in motion.

5) ability to choose whether or not to upgrade guns during a refit would be nice. Sometimes newer guns just don't fit!

6) There's some inconsistencies with the refit mechanic. For example, on a destroyer with 2x dual torpedo tubes, replacing one double tube with a triple tube is a 1 month job, replacing both dual tubes with triple tubes is a 9 month job, which is longer than building a new destroyer from scratch!

Overall I'm happy with the game, but I agree it needs more polish before it should be released! Thanks!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Seems you have different sources that we do? Non sensical and off topic posts are disallowed in the feedback thread. Please be warned.

Then prove it being wrong. That feeling is settled among a not small part of the community. The game is not even remotely close to be ready for release and you better than anyone should know it, calling it "complete"... I won't say how it feels and sound to me because it would do nothing but getting me banned.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

Then prove it being wrong. That feeling is settled among a not small part of the community. The game is not even remotely close to be ready for release and you better than anyone should know it, calling it "complete"... I won't say how it feels and sound to me because it would do nothing but getting me banned.

One more time to say the same thing in this feedback thread will surely bring the same result, this time permanent.

1 minute ago, lordcmdr said:

Nick, can you confirm if there will be more art assets/hulls/superstructures still coming?

We are going to add more hulls and superstructures and more models in general. Not sure why you refer to this path. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lrdplatypus said:

Some pet peeves I'd like to see fixed before full release:

1) info windows are huge and are always given priority. It makes it hard to manage my fleet in the fleet tab when the info pop-up takes up half the list! I'd prefer to see a delay before it appears, or maybe make it so you have to mouse over an info column on that table.

2) same as #1 but for the world map. Info windows get in the way a lot.

3) Not being able to move ships to a port is extremely annoying.

4) It's kinda hard to find a ship's range. As far as I'm aware it's only available on in the dockyard and when you're mousing over a fleet that's already in motion.

5) ability to choose whether or not to upgrade guns during a refit would be nice. Sometimes newer guns just don't fit!

6) There's some inconsistencies with the refit mechanic. For example, on a destroyer with 2x dual torpedo tubes, replacing one double tube with a triple tube is a 1 month job, replacing both dual tubes with triple tubes is a 9 month job, which is longer than building a new destroyer from scratch!

Overall I'm happy with the game, but I agree it needs more polish before it should be released! Thanks!

1, 2 and 3* is crucial! I can not exagerate how much these issues is irritating and annoying.

*zoom in all the way, and it works 100% of the time, BUT if there is a land-/sea area info window it will in many cases block your ability to click the port at all

Edited by MDHansen

How is possible the game to be full release??????

• There are still many, many important hulls and superstructure components missing from the game. These are the important elements that give flavor to each nation.
  • From the hulls we got in game, many have issues with the draught slider.
  • Some hulls have issues with casemates guns and secondary guns.
  • The torpedo cruiser hull still got the funnels issue.
  • The UI is not finished and is still missing some elements and QoL features. As an example, to know how much tonnage my fleet have (important for invasions)

HM1J1mO.jpg

example: description missing

• The AI running away from battles initiated by them is a terrible gameplay experience for the players.
  • Months ago, I made a report explaining what was wrong with the big guns. At that time you, Nick, mentioned you were aware of the issue and that would fix at a later stage when you got the time. But now the game is going full release without this issue fixed?
  • Officers and captains?
  • Is the weather fixed in battle, or you want us to check all the time the report to know what are the battle conditions?
  •  The AI still need more improvements in battle. As an example: to know when to detach a badly damaged ship from a division and retreat from battle would help the AI to save at least some ships.

Many important hulls and superstructure components missing from the game.

Germany:

- Aft superstructure from the H39 is missing that would allow the late BBs & BCs to have two funnels.

- Superstructure and hulls to design the P, D and O class cruiser and battlecruisers.

- Konigsberg cruiser

- Nuremberg cruiser

- Scharnhorst-class cruiser / Roon-class cruiser / Prinz Adalbert-class cruiser / SMS Prinz Heinrich (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Fürst Bismarck cruiser

- Victoria Louise-class cruiser

- Kaiserin Augusta cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different german destroyers variants.

- Braunschweig battleship

- Wittelsbach battleship

Wiesbaden cruiser / Pillau cruiser / Graudenz cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

Spain:

- Destructor hull (the first destroyer)

- Canarias-class cruiser

- Almirante Cervera-class cruiser (similar to the british Emerald class cruiser)

- Blas de Lezo-class cruiser

- Navarra-class cruiser

France:

- Algérie-class cruiser

- Suffren-class cruiser / Duquesne-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- La Galissonnière-class cruiser / Émile Bertin-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Duguay-Trouin-class cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different french destroyers variants.

Britain:

- N3/G3 superstructure variants are missing. “Rodney battleship”

- York-class cruiser

- County-class cruiser

- Hawkins-class cruiser

- Fiji-class cruiser / Town-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Arethusa-class cruiser / Leander-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Dido-class cruiser

- Emerald-class cruiser / Danae-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure )

- Arethusa-class cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different british destroyers variants.

USA:

- Alaska superstructure is missing.

- Baltimore-class cruiser

- New Orleans-class cruiser

- Portland-class cruiser / Northampton-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)

- Pensacola-class cruiser

- Cleveland-class cruiser

- Brooklyn-class cruiser

- Omaha-class cruiser

- Chester-class cruiser

- Texas battleship (1889)

- Indiana-class battleship

- Iowa battleship (1893)

- Kearsarge-class battleship

- Virginia-class battleship

- Connecticut-class battleship

- Mississippi-class battleship

- Delaware-class battleship

- Florida-class battleship

- Wyoming-class battleship

- Pennsylvania-class battleship

- Lexington-class battlecruiser

- Olympia cruiser

- St.Louis cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different American destroyers variants.

Russia:

- Kirov class cruiser.

- Admiral Nakhimov-class cruiser / Svetlana-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Bayan-class cruiser

- Rurik cruiser

- Gromoboi cruiser

- Dvenadsat Apostolov Battleship

- Petropavlovsk-class battleship / Rostislav-class battleship (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Peresvet battleship

- Potemkin battleship

- Retvizan battleship

- Andrei Pervozvanny battleship

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different russian destroyers variants.

China:

- Ning Hai-class cruiser

- Hai Qi-class cruiser

- Dingyuan-class ironclad (1885 too old???)

Italy:

- Ammiraglio di Saint Bon-class battleship

- Regina Margherita-class battleship

- Dante Alighieri-class battleship

- Campania-class cruiser

- Nino Bixio-class cruiser

- cruiser Quarto

- cruiser Libia

- Regioni-class cruiser

- Folgore-class cruiser (italy torpedo cruiser design)

- Partenope-class cruiser (italy torpedo cruiser design)

- Agordat-class cruiser (italy torpedo cruiser design)

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different italian destroyers variants.

Japan:

-Tone cruiser

- Sendai-class cruiser / Nagara-class cruiser / Kuma-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

How is possible to say the game is full release, and we will only get more 6 months to fix the remaning issues when is clear that there is so much left to do?

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I don't really think you can call something a final release as long as there's still glaring problems with the armor penetration model. I tried my test again with 1901 tech, and the 9" guns weren't able to penetrate even the 3" armor of a light cruiser at good angles and with no inner belt. They were able to penetrate other things on the same target, but for some reason the flimsy main belt remained utterly impenetrable even at 1.5km (all blocks, no partials) by AP shot that should've at least scored an overpen.

Most importantly, aside from the lack of hulls/models, the game lacks fundamental systems (or, in this case, the systems in place are inadequate). From diplomacy, to economy, to balance, to land warfare... The game has come a long way and the devs are dedicated and capable, but I think it's a huge waste of potential to call the game finished, or nearly finished.

32 minutes ago, o Barão said:

How is possible the game to be full release??????

• There are still many, many important hulls and superstructure components missing from the game. These are the important elements that give flavor to each nation.
  • From the hulls we got in game, many have issues with the draught slider.
  • Some hulls have issues with casemates guns and secondary guns.
  • The torpedo cruiser hull still got the funnels issue.
  • The UI is not finished and is still missing some elements and QoL features. As an example, to know how much tonnage my fleet have (important for invasions)

HM1J1mO.jpg

example: description missing

• The AI running away from battles initiated by them is a terrible gameplay experience for the players.
  • Months ago, I made a report explaining what was wrong with the big guns. At that time you, Nick, mentioned you were aware of the issue and that would fix at a later stage when you got the time. But now the game is going full release without this issue fixed?
  • Officers and captains?
  • Is the weather fixed in battle, or you want us to check all the time the report to know what are the battle conditions?
  •  The AI still need more improvements in battle. As an example: to know when to detach a badly damaged ship from a division and retreat from battle would help the AI to save at least some ships.

Many important hulls and superstructure components missing from the game.

Germany:

- Aft superstructure from the H39 is missing that would allow the late BBs & BCs to have two funnels.

- Superstructure and hulls to design the P, D and O class cruiser and battlecruisers.

- Konigsberg cruiser

- Nuremberg cruiser

- Scharnhorst-class cruiser / Roon-class cruiser / Prinz Adalbert-class cruiser / SMS Prinz Heinrich (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Fürst Bismarck cruiser

- Victoria Louise-class cruiser

- Kaiserin Augusta cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different german destroyers variants.

- Braunschweig battleship

- Wittelsbach battleship

Wiesbaden cruiser / Pillau cruiser / Graudenz cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

Spain:

- Destructor hull (the first destroyer)

- Canarias-class cruiser

- Almirante Cervera-class cruiser (similar to the british Emerald class cruiser)

- Blas de Lezo-class cruiser

- Navarra-class cruiser

France:

- Algérie-class cruiser

- Suffren-class cruiser / Duquesne-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- La Galissonnière-class cruiser / Émile Bertin-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Duguay-Trouin-class cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different french destroyers variants.

Britain:

- N3/G3 superstructure variants are missing. “Rodney battleship”

- York-class cruiser

- County-class cruiser

- Hawkins-class cruiser

- Fiji-class cruiser / Town-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Arethusa-class cruiser / Leander-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Dido-class cruiser

- Emerald-class cruiser / Danae-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure )

- Arethusa-class cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different british destroyers variants.

USA:

- Alaska superstructure is missing.

- Baltimore-class cruiser

- New Orleans-class cruiser

- Portland-class cruiser / Northampton-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)

- Pensacola-class cruiser

- Cleveland-class cruiser

- Brooklyn-class cruiser

- Omaha-class cruiser

- Chester-class cruiser

- Texas battleship (1889)

- Indiana-class battleship

- Iowa battleship (1893)

- Kearsarge-class battleship

- Virginia-class battleship

- Connecticut-class battleship

- Mississippi-class battleship

- Delaware-class battleship

- Florida-class battleship

- Wyoming-class battleship

- Pennsylvania-class battleship

- Lexington-class battlecruiser

- Olympia cruiser

- St.Louis cruiser

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different American destroyers variants.

Russia:

- Kirov class cruiser.

- Admiral Nakhimov-class cruiser / Svetlana-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Bayan-class cruiser

- Rurik cruiser

- Gromoboi cruiser

- Dvenadsat Apostolov Battleship

- Petropavlovsk-class battleship / Rostislav-class battleship (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

- Peresvet battleship

- Potemkin battleship

- Retvizan battleship

- Andrei Pervozvanny battleship

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different russian destroyers variants.

China:

- Ning Hai-class cruiser

- Hai Qi-class cruiser

- Dingyuan-class ironclad (1885 too old???)

Italy:

- Ammiraglio di Saint Bon-class battleship

- Regina Margherita-class battleship

- Dante Alighieri-class battleship

- Campania-class cruiser

- Nino Bixio-class cruiser

- cruiser Quarto

- cruiser Libia

- Regioni-class cruiser

- Folgore-class cruiser (italy torpedo cruiser design)

- Partenope-class cruiser (italy torpedo cruiser design)

- Agordat-class cruiser (italy torpedo cruiser design)

- Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different italian destroyers variants.

Japan:

-Tone cruiser

- Sendai-class cruiser / Nagara-class cruiser / Kuma-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure)

How is possible to say the game is full release, and we will only get more 6 months to fix the remaning issues when is clear that there is so much left to do?

The Logistics tooltip on the Politics is something very minor and will be fixed in the next update (Help section is already including the necessary information). If you find something else similar found, please show us to fix or else please do not generalize.

As for all the rest... we already offer the ability to design so many different hulls that can replicate +/- most if not all your recommendation of hulls. Should we continue to add models more than any other naval game combined in the universe, to have a game fully released, already offering much more content than most naval games?

There are naval games which charge more than $40 for a reskinned 3D model ship with different stats, not a full game with so many unique aspects. I am sorry, I am personally sorry for all these I read.

You, the gamers will define what you will get from this game in the future. We already plan to make more, including graphics, UI, weathers, new ship models. Good and rational feedback helps everyone to improve the game you all currently own. Negativity and sometimes evil manners, do the exact opposite. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1