Game-Labs Forum

"Thanks" for removing battle chat, now my PMs are rubbish

So ... they can still send toxic insults in a battle.  Will there be any sanctions to this offending player?

Glad to hear that "ignore" is fixed.  It is a better solution than removing chat types.

Edited by Macjimm

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

So ... they can still send toxic insults in a battle.  Will there be any sanctions to this offending player?

Glad to hear that "ignore" is fixed.  It is a better solution than removing chat types.

No they cannot send insults in battle, he is complaining about receiving insults in PM because they cannot do it in battle.

I dont think the whole removing of battle chat and global chat is going to make any difference to the number of complaints.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

No they cannot send insults in battle, he is complaining about receiving insults in PM because they cannot do it in battle.

I dont think the whole removing of battle chat and global chat is going to make any difference to the number of complaints.

Yeah and insults never bothered me anyway

Here is another battle few minutes after the previous
YvNnPpr.png

End of story assholes are gonna be assholes and good lads are gonna be good lads chats or not

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

then we need a function to ignore the whole other nations too 🙂

That's brilliant. Seriously.

Sending insults by PM, or Nation, or Clan, is still toxic.  Players that want to be rude and offensive in a battle can still do so.

Glad to hear ignore is fixed. It has been an effective solution for me in Nation, Global and Help for years.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

You know what I hate the most. The way peoples responses in the moment are always screenshoted and sent to the forums. What this guy said in chat has nothing to do with his character. He was pissed off. I get it. Imagine if you had a microphone attached to yourself and everytime you lost your temper it was uploaded to social media so the world could see what you were "really like"

This report tells me 2 things. Koltes gets offended at the smallest things and the NotPellow is not always as cool as he seems. Grow up and stop reporting players all the time. 

What I get from this chat is that you were wasting his time so you could get more players to assist you. You provoked someone and then upload his response. IMO you are far worse than he is. It doesnt matter who tagged who. I have provoked players more than anyone here I admit that but I would never ever upload their responses to me. At the end of the day their insults were justified. 

PS: You PM is rubbish.... The title says PMS but the evidence only suggest A PM. Thats not even a number. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Corona Lisa said:

Yeah and griefers gonna be griefers chats or not

He tagged me even though he knew Implac cant hold Trinc in the battle. By deafult he griefed me for 8mins out of those 12 in total. And he spit the dummy because he found consequences of his grief? So yeah griefers gonna be griefers.

5 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

This report tells me 2 things. Koltes gets offended at the smallest things and the NotPellow is not always as cool as he seems. Grow up and stop reporting players all the time. 

Your response tells me 4 things:

1. You cant read posts. This is not in anyway to target NotPellow. This was intended as a msg to devs (@admin) that battle chat sorted nothing, maybe even made it worse as in battle we could have just talk and be cool. Inability to talk also fuels bad temper;

2. You have a problem with forum orientation (would you like assistance?). This is not a reporting section. Its a patch feedback and general discussion. Frankly I dont feel like blurring peoples names if they cant contain themselves but thats a separate issue;

3. You make shit up to “prove” your point as I dont “report players all the time”. Exactly as I stated above - insults dont bother me. But hey, now that I know you cant read its a sure thing you gonna ignore that too;

4. Your opinion that insults can be justified is exactly the reason why battle chat was removed in the first place.

Also FYI title says PMs because its about 4th insult since the patch. And yes you dont see them because... guess what?... I dont report players.

Back with the battle chat ive heard less insults for sure

Therefore I stand my ground - removal of battle chat, renders players unable to explain, talk in battles - influence bad behavior even from “great folks like this guy”

I think removal of Global was justified though

Edited by Koltes

34 minutes ago, Koltes said:

Your response tells me 4 things:

1. You cant read posts. This is not in anyway to target NotPellow. This was intended as a msg to devs (@admin) that battle chat sorted nothing, maybe even made it worse as in battle we could have just talk and be cool. Inability to talk also fuels bad temper;

2. You have a problem with forum orientation (would you like assistance?). This is not a reporting section. Its a patch feedback and general discussion. Frankly I dont feel like blurring peoples names if they cant contain themselves but thats a separate issue;

3. You make shit up to “prove” your point as I dont “report players all the time”. Exactly as I stated above - insults dont bother me. But hey, now that I know you cant read its a sure thing you gonna ignore that too;

4. Your opinion that insults can be justified is exactly the reason why battle chat was removed in the first place.

Also FYI title says PMs because its about 4th insult since the patch. And yes you dont see them because... guess what?... I dont report players.

you think the devs are going to read this and not take action on the player? Even if it wasnt your intention to report him the devs would be hypocrites not to take action. Don't pretend it wasn't your intention. If insults didnt bother you, you would have not posted this. We all know the downsides of this patch and I myself did point out that PMs are I have taken the most "abuse" 

You do report players because you basically just have. 

Just now, HachiRoku said:

you think the devs are going to read this and not take action on the player? Even if it wasnt your intention to report him the devs would be hypocrites not to take action. Don't pretend it wasn't your intention. If insults didnt bother you, you would have not posted this. We all know the downsides of this patch and I myself did point out that PMs are were I have taken the most "abuse" 

6 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

you think the devs are going to read this and not take action on the player? Even if it wasnt your intention to report him the devs would be hypocrites not to take action. Don't pretend it wasn't your intention. If insults didnt bother you, you would have not posted this. We all know the downsides of this patch and I myself did point out that PMs are I have taken the most "abuse" 

I already said my piece. Every one of your sentence have the answers in my previous reply 

Edited by Koltes

In my opinion, the removal of the global and chat in combat is a big step backwards, which nobody wants or has demanded.

The Global Chat is important for communication across national borders and it is not very wise to remove it as long as there is an established diplomatic system in the game. We need a way to communicate with the opponent in the game!

The removal of the chat with the opponent in battle is an equally sad story.
The whole thing is at the expense of the players, who do not abuse this chat and treat other players with respect.

@Admin and Devs: Please think again about whether you really want to keep this. If you are not sure, please take a poll about it.

1 hour ago, hoarmurath said:

Naming and shaming is bad. Last time i checked, there was a button in game to report chat abuse.

And there was one in Battle chat too. So what is the difference between hearing insults in the battle chat from hearing them in PMs?