Game-Labs Forum

Beat to quarters: Port battles return to War Server

admin

Hotfix 23rd July

• Timber stats updated. 
    • Google doc with timber stats updated
    • Acceleration for all ships reduced to cover for acceleration inflation
    • Base Speed for all ships reduced by 7% across the board to cover for speed inflation.
    • Prices for base timbers updated to better correspond to the in game economy
  • Tuned the Home defense fleets logic so they do not venture far from assigned patrol zones (please report if you see them elsewhere again)
  • Conquest flag now can drop from the flag carrier as loot (so you can claim a small reward in the admiralty)
  • Solo NPCs are added to the patrol zones (this will slightly improve situation in the patrol zones on the Peace server as well as will add some targets on the War server)
  • Reduced the time to attack to 5 seconds (experimental) - from previous 8 seconds - This is experimental - please report if it causes issues
  • Increased the attack circle by 50m to cover potential minor desync issues
  • Fixed the problem that did not assign the owner to the conquest flag due to certain actions in port
  • Like 5

It is now 1000 Reals to farm 1 Live Oak log... That makes a Ocean 2mil for the Live Oak alone. This is outside of proportion, especially with the DLC Vic in the game that just 'gets' LO(S)/WO(S).

Do you want us to spend even more time doing boring PVE and Trade on the PVP server? :(
And reducing all speeds by 7% again adds to the time we are wasting doing nothing :(.

Edited by Morgoth
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Morgoth said:

It is now 1000 Reals to farm 1 Live Oak log... That makes a Ocean 2mil for the Live Oak alone. This is outside of proportion, especially with the DLC Vic in the game that just 'gets' LO(S)/WO(S).

I think that's exactly what they want. Hand over $60 for DLC now plz :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, admin said:

Hotfix 23rd July

sht man... imma have to sail Fir / Fir from now on... normal woods are too expensive, and will make people quit cus they have to spend hours on getting money and woods, for just one ship that they can lose in seconds.

• Like 8

Во сколько раз выросла цена на самый ходовой тик? Какой смысл в этом? Новички пришедшие на ПвП сервер должны навозить еще больше бочек и торговых ресурсов, чтобы заработать на Триньку и Агамемнон. Это обязательно поднимет их энтузиазм и желание играть. А поскольку онлайн не ваш приоритет, то и ДЛЦ они покупать не будут. Заработок идет в гору. Все логично. Или вы решили, что нет обычных кораблей и все побегут покупать ДЛЦ? Спорная теория.

Edited by Ars DeSadd
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ars DeSadd said:

Во сколько раз выросла цена на самый ходовой тик? Какой смысл в этом? Новички пришедшие на ПвП сервер должны навозить еще больше бочек и торговых ресурсов, чтобы заработать на Триньку и Агамемнон. Это обязательно поднимет их энтузиазм и желание играть. А поскольку онлайн не ваш приоритет, то и ДЛЦ они покупать не будут. Заработок идет в гору. Все логично. Или вы решили, что нет обычных кораблей и все побегут покупать ДЛЦ? Спорная теория.

заработок тут не причем. Бочки возить не надо - надо идти в пвп. Убийство триньки в среднем дает 1323 дублона если продавать дублоны по 133, то можно торговать реже. 

ходовый тик больше не ходовый. Базовые ель и дуб теперь ходовые 

for the unseasoned timber

• 10 - basic timber - cheap and ok
  • 500 - good timber - better
  • 1000 - heavy frame timber
  • 10000 - rare timber

The best time to add a normal MMO power progression (additional power cost is exponential) was 2 years ago
Second best time to add it is now. 

3 hours ago, admin said:

Hotfix 23rd July

• Timber stats updated. 

To extract 1 teak log now cost 500 reals. Same for Locus, White Oak and I guess Sabicu. Live Oak is 1000 reals per log! Cost of crafting ships just skyrocketed! 

Why did you decide to do this? As far as I'm aware this was not necessary or asked for by the players. The reals grind behind crafted ships just increased massively unless you just craft fir/fir or Oak/Oak ships..  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

As far as I'm aware this was not necessary

It is absolutely necessary to bring proper power progression into the game. Better timber  = more expensive. 

Simple example with teak

Nlg3f5o.jpg

It will continue with other mechanics.

1 minute ago, admin said:

It is absolutely necessary to bring proper power progression into the game. Better timber  = more expensive. 

Simple example with teak

Nlg3f5o.jpg

And how would i get "rare teak" that drops in a uncapturable british port???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nixolai said:

And how would i get "rare teak" that drops in a uncapturable british port???

Bridgetown and Saint joseph for malabar and rangoon
Oranjestad and Fort Baai for African teak

If these ports are not capturable and british - better report the bug by F11. 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2020 at 4:28 PM, Hethwill said:

That's 73 ppl man. Many clans have more than that.

That sample is absurd.

Go offtopic somewhere else...omg...

73 people is around 10% of the peak player numbers as of current, that sample size is MUCH larger than is used in early election polling(YouGov polls for example need much less) for many democratic leaders

26 minutes ago, admin said:

for the unseasoned timber

• 10 - basic timber - cheap and ok
  • 500 - good timber - better
  • 1000 - heavy frame timber
  • 10000 - rare timber

The best time to add a normal MMO power progression (additional power cost is exponential) was 2 years ago
Second best time to add it is now. 

The big issue this means though for the current game patch is that those players who have moved nations or have not stockpiled huge amounts of resources have just been put at a MAJOR disadvantage to those who have. I somewhat agree with the idea of a change like this in the prices of woods(perhaps not these exact figures), however having the change added in so much time after some groups have had time to amass large stockpiles gives them a very unfair advantage to those groups who have moved around

Edited by Prince of Wales

9 minutes ago, admin said:

Oranjestad and Fort Baai for African teak

If these ports are not capturable and british - better report the bug by F11. 

Imagine sailing with a ship to flip Oranjestad but instead we get screened out by home defense fleets... Then i just go to Fort Baai... ahh nvm also the same

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

Simple example with teak

Nlg3f5o.jpg

What do we as playbase gain from a "propper power progression"? This is increasing the equipment advantage (port bonus, wood bonus, ship type, perm upgrade and skill books) for the top 10% richest players in the game. 

The current major issues this game has will just increase: The new players and casuals have no chance on their own to be competitive. We lose the influx of new players and the casuals will stop playing. The old veterans who been abused with this hard core changes so many times in the past are tiered of fighting the same old players again and again.

NA is niche game and looking back every time we get hit with this massive grind/time sinks the active player base takes a imo logical dive. NA is not EVE. So please keep an eye on the player population while your implementing these changes.

• Like 13

One of the fun things in this game was the grind to craft decent ships. For example, I crafted several hundreds of fir/fir Indiamen to keep the three fastest ones for me. Even if those are only 1 knot faster than the ordinary indiaman, it was an achievement I was proud of. Imagine doing that with the new expensive woods. Next to impossible. No fun anymore.