Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Timber. Shipbuilding, Conquest flag testing.

admin

6 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Don't you get 250 crew when you complete the tutorial? Do you have to finish the master exam for that or not? I can't remember. 

280 rank after finishing the exams. And yes,  the exact same problems the author of that review describes  "how do I get more crew" "how do I equip guns" .... is asked in pve chat almost daily.

(maybe a big ! near your rank when you try to use a ship without having enough crew and  a pop up, in cas of newbye, that remind you to complete the tutorial)

Talking about the new woods...is planned somehting for the seasoned one? i mead reduce the cost of production to make them more friendly?

Edited by Conte D. Catellani

2 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

280 rank after finishing the exams. And yes,  the exact same problems the author of that review describes  "how do I get more crew" "how do I equip guns" .... is asked in pve chat almost daily.

Then maybe new guys should get more crew without the need for the harder exams. Afterall light frigates are the easiest ships to sail. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Then maybe new guys should get more crew without the need for the harder exams. Afterall light frigates are the easiest ships to sail. 

I disagree about this, the game should rather be encouraging gameplay in light ships instead of forcing people onto to largest ones because all what they see are dlc 3rd and 1st rates, but this has been discussed so many times and the same problem appears each month with new players

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

I disagree about this, the game should rather be encouraging gameplay in light ships instead of forcing people onto to largest ones because all what they see are dlc 3rd and 1st rates, but this has been discussed so many times and the same problem appears each month with new players

Encouraging and forcing are 2 different things. The bigger the ship, the bigger the reward so players will want bigger. I'm not sure how you can encourage people to sail smaller ships without making large ships really expensive or reducing rewards in them. The devs have tryed it with making larger ships extremely expensive but the backlash was huge. Removing rewards or reducing them on larger ships would probably not go very well either. Its easy to say we need to encourage players to sail smaller ships but ideas on how to do it have never been well received by the community including myself. I'm sure the devs would be very open to ideas that reduce sol spam. It has been an issue since before the DLC ships too so we don't have to blame every issue on them either. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Encouraging and forcing are 2 different things. The bigger the ship, the bigger the reward so players will want bigger. I'm not sure how you can encourage people to sail smaller ships without making large ships really expensive or reducing rewards in them. The devs have tryed it with making larger ships extremely expensive but the backlash was huge. Removing rewards or reducing them on larger ships would probably not go very well either. Its easy to say we need to encourage players to sail smaller ships but ideas on how to do it have never been well received by the community including myself. I'm sure the devs would be very open to ideas that reduce sol spam. It has been an issue since before the DLC ships too so we don't have to blame every issue on them either. 

nothing would help at this point because they have to remove the ship dlc's :P

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Sad to read a review like that from a new player.

Confusion is still part of the initial experience.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198326264850/recommended/311310/

I cant imagine how life must be for this guy. He just purchased a game, jumped it disregarded the giant book with the question mark he got on the top left next to leave port, probably asked someone for money and then purchased the first ship of the line he saw on sale... 

Then got frustrated and left a bad review...
Took him almost 2 hours to figure out he has to do the exams before he sets sail. He must be one of the people that think Call of Duty is a realistic tactical 1st person shooter game...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Henry Long Castle said:

Took him almost 2 hours to figure out he has to do the exams before he sets sail. He must be one of the people that think Call of Duty is a realistic tactical 1st person shooter game...

I think we don't have the right to judge over him without more background knowledge about this case. But it shows once again we actually cannot ignore issues about new players.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mikawa said:

I think we don't have the right to judge over him without more background knowledge about this case. But it shows once again we actually cannot ignore issues about new players.

Correct. We, the players, cannot ignore the new players. You are right ! We the players may be ignoring all the new players ?...

But this is a completely different subject from the Timber, Ship building, Conquest flag, Testing subject which is the main focus of this thread.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Quiet Assassin said:

It's too expensive & time-consuming to craft a good ship with competitive mods. Are devs trying to "kill crafting" in order to sell DLC's? 

Probably, yes. 

16 hours ago, Quiet Assassin said:

Or are we just wanting no new players?

New players are probably still wanted for they are the potential DLC buyers. 

• Like 1