Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information

admin

1 hour ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

why even mention 1-2 weeks if you dont know you can guarantee it? it gives false expectations to your customers

Because you think its two weeks but then you see 2 amazing features you want to add.
Patch will be done when its ready. Its better to have a good patch later than a bad patch earlier. Patch will hit when the patchnotes will be posted. When you see estimated times always look at them with the grain of salt.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Holm Hansen said:

as a counter-example ask your customer service colleagues if they can estimate when they will be able to solve e.g. problems with faulty router firmware. possibly with sporadically occurring errors

thats not related to this subject though because if its a firmware problem it can be rollbacked and fault handled internally, just as if Game-Labs adds a mechanic to Naval Action that creates other bugs, they can temporary remove it, fix it and then re implement it. And even if it had been a real situation the customer would still be kept updated if it was pretty much close to due

55 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Im struggling identifying new posts at those new Proposal topics. Its like I need to read EVERYTHING over and over again to find new post every time someone proposes something.

Sort by date or by votes. Easy, barely an inconvinience. 

• Like 1

@admin considering you giving away special versions of the  ryuter reward to people that help the development by doing the whole proposal stuff on the forum  (this is good)

can you just also release it for crafting to the rest because you promised to do this in febraury and now it seems only way to get it is propose stuff we already wanted years ago that where already popular among most and only 1 person gets a ship that no one else can normaly get is kinda like a gut punch to the rest 

im all for rewards and special version of ships given away but let us have the ship we got promised.

because by playing the game we support yall too and getting our friends to play and i even left an honest review on steam and the people that vote deserve a reward aswell

because they are helping the community so i say reward everyone and not just a single person

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

And even if it had been a real situation the customer would still be kept updated if it was pretty much close to due

NA firmware does not require urgent update, game works, you dont have major bugs. Whats the point of standing with a lighter and asking are we there yet every 5 mins?
Remember the valve time (My previous signature)  maybe i should bring it back
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Best time promise: Shortly, (real delivery in 6 months)

We are not paid for being on time. We are paid for delivering good content. We will miss dates with ease and will not ever be upset about them. We dont have publishers or schedules. We love the sea and work for our enjoyment without any deadlines - forever. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Because you think its two weeks but then you see 2 amazing features you want to add.
Patch will be done when its ready. Its better to have a good patch later than a bad patch earlier. Patch will hit when the patchnotes will be posted. When you see estimated times always look at them with the grain of salt.

We (the community) think its two week because you literally estimate 1-2 weeks, its really not rocket science..........

Great, its done when its ready, thats all we want to hear, but dont give dates you wont update us about if you cant make the due date, and then tell us to lower our expecations.

Just now, erelkivtuadrater said:

We (the community) think its two week because you literally estimate 1-2 weeks, its really not rocket science..........

Here is the table that you can use to estimate what 2 weeks can be. It can be 1 week or it can be NEVER. If you use this table you will never be upset.

9 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

thats not related to this subject though because if its a firmware problem it can be rollbacked and fault handled internally, just as if Game-Labs adds a mechanic to Naval Action that creates other bugs, they can temporary remove it, fix it and then re implement it. And even if it had been a real situation the customer would still be kept updated if it was pretty much close to due

this should only illustrate the different forecastability of different tasks

and in both cases the customers will always ask for a prognosis

1 hour ago, admin said:

Here is the table that you can use to estimate what 2 weeks can be. It can be 1 week or it can be NEVER. If you use this table you will never be upset.

im not gonna go further into it, but if you still want to use that as an excuse for your  customers to lower the expectations, ill let it go and wont expect anything from you from now on :)

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

43 minutes ago, rediii said:

Better start now. I was promised you only read feedback :)

dont worry i started talking about adding the admiraal the ryutrer for everyone for actively helping to create topics and voting  on the new proposal system instead of giving 1 person a reward  he couldent leave this forum quicker

Edited by mexicanbatman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Main post updated to give a proper indication of the time period of possible patch deployment, so nobody has any ideas from the vague indications which we used in the past.

up to 52 weeks is kind of a bold move though 😛 maybe you should write before 1st May, but not stating which year ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

Main post updated to give a proper indication of the time period of possible patch deployment, so nobody has any ideas from the vague indications which we used in the past.

image.png.9f0a27850fde00bdbde05f1726f7c860.png

ok - so in my opinion this is better

at least now you do not paint yourself into a corner with false dates

i would suggest removing the dates altogether and just say:

'we are working on the next update(s) which include the following:

(text of patch/update details)

we cannot give you an exact release date because often there is additional work needed that wasn't originally apparent. 
we are, as always, dedicated to trying to improve the gaming experience for our player base as a whole, and so balancing and testing can also add unknown amounts of time to the development cycle
what we can say is we will try our hardest to get the update to you  as soon as possible, without compromising on the quality of the update which we firmly believe is in the best interests of everybody

as always thank you to all of the captains out there supporting us - without you this game wouldn't exist

safe sailing, and as soon as we have any further news we will let you know

copy/paste that to each update and you are keeping the payer base informed and excited as to what you are working on next, without setting ANY expectations for time of delievery

feel free to use it/modify it etc

• Like 2

13 hours ago, admin said:

I like this comment most Kenway. I already responded to it. You think we were able to make a top selling early access release of 2019 (Valve opinion) by driving blind. This is would be a tremendous achievement and you should praise us and bend your knee ;). Its impossible to do anything without playing. And all our actions are focused on raising online and raising retention. Grind is part of it by the way. Its a nature of an MMO. If you want grind free games dont play MMOs.

Thanks

On the feedback issue. We have committed. If individual feedback is great it will be pushed up by the community. 
So we confirm. We no longer read individual posts and will only read this section. 

https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/69-feature-proposals-and-gameplay-help-qa/

Previous method gave too much false hopes and dissapointment like "my post was not responded to - bad developers". It also gave too much trouble due to language differences. For example your post might be constructive but i read it as attacking and hostile. I would better read your highly voted feature proposal and i no longer wish to read your opinions on any matter because they are irrelevant to great feature ideas you might have. 

Before you speak any further: do you still play the game? I mean, do you really? And even if you play: for how long? Are you in a clan? Do you know the grind? Do you know the daily issues? Why does it take so long for you to react when someone is insulting on chat if you play the game? Uh? Question, questions, questions. What is your clan? How many ports do you hold? I want to know IF YOU REALLY PLAY YOUR OWN GAME ON A DAILY BASE????

And I play MMO for over 20 years now, maybe longer than you do. Thanks. For how long do YOU play MMO????

And by your statement: it's YOU who choose if a comment is great or not. Not the community even if it's the majority. Even if only one member is pointing something out you don't feel comfortable with but alot of members agree. Thanks. For that statement.

I am not talking about single postings. But if you are really THAT exeperienced and you really play your own game why are you ignoring a majority? What's about the Wrecker/De Ruyter for example? Answer me. I am curious.

One example: why does you game telling me, if I have a fleet, when I want to hire my max of crew and man my ship on max of 1500 that I can't do that? Why? Tell me.

Why do I heave to send my main ship to fleet before I can send it to port? Tell me.

Why do I have to man my ships when I once switched them in my port? Tell me.

Why do I have to select books everytime for a ship? Tell me.

These are just simple basics every dev should know about his game to fix. Just simple things and yet you still fail to do so. Why is it like that? And don't come with a thread about proposals.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

11 hours ago, FKL 1982 said:

How hello kittying entitled can one person be?

This has nothing to do with entitlement.  If any other company ran there business this way they would be in the ground and out of business. It's not the first time they said a week or two, gave zero updates and than you get the patch 6 months later and half of it is not even what was suppose to be on the patch in the first place or they totally change stuff that was working just fine.   

Right now if my company told the customers we can deliver something in 1-2 weeks and we don't....than we don't give a reason why or when a new ETA is than they would pull ever contract they have and take there business some where else.   Game Labs is providing a service, that service needs to be on a timely manor and truthful with it's customers.  Other wise they should stop expecting us to give good reviews and such.  I show my support with my wallet, not with reviews.  I have spent well over 500-600 bucks on this game and expect that the money should be going towards in game content and to make the game better, not items they feel to make DLC or hide behind event content when such items was promised to us as craft able.

and that isn't even the last update they where suppose to do.....they had a whole list of stuff early this year....and I say early this year cause we are all ready into the 2Q of the year and nearing soon half the year gone by.  WHY WASN'T THE MONEY FOR DLC SPENT ON EXTRA PROGRAMMER?   It seems we get that told to use once a year and still they only have one programmer (ti was 2 at one time way back in the days).   I'm going to bet they made a pretty penny off the last DLC and will make it off the next so there is no excuse for them to hold back in game Continent that was promised to be craftable or to be dragging patches they need to implement  to deal with balance issues.   

PS:   @admin Oh I updated that review, while I gave it thumbs up I didn't change it, just added more info.  I can't lie and tell them something isn't true when it's not.  You did take 6 months to update the paints when you said in only 30 days and you continue to do this over and over with things promised to come.   As a business it's your job to provide good service to your customer, not our job to kiss your arse and hope you give us what you promise.  Now I don't give a crap if content is delayed to make it better, what I do give a crap about is proper information to let your customers (WE THE PLAYERS) know of the delays if there are some.  Delays are expected, but lack of information or miss information cause you change your mind is not.

It's funny I've played other GL games and don't have this issue with the dev teams on those games.  Some of them are actually hot fixing patching stuff daily and posting notes up and giving updates.  So it's not a Company thing, it's the team involved with this game.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

up to 52 weeks is kind of a bold move though 😛 maybe you should write before 1st May, but not stating which year ;)

I mean it's more honest, look at the history of most there updates they state would be in a month or two but end up being 6 months later.    

37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This has nothing to do with entitlement.  If any other company ran there business this way they would be in the ground and out of business. It's not the first time they said a week or two, gave zero updates and than you get the patch 6 months later and half of it is not even what was suppose to be on the patch in the first place or they totally change stuff that was working just fine.   

Right now if my company told the customers we can deliver something in 1-2 weeks and we don't....than we don't give a reason why or when a new ETA is than they would pull ever contract they have and take there business some where else.   Game Labs is providing a service, that service needs to be on a timely manor and truthful with it's customers.  Other wise they should stop expecting us to give good reviews and such.  I show my support with my wallet, not with reviews.  I have spent well over 500-600 bucks on this game and expect that the money should be going towards in game content and to make the game better, not items they feel to make DLC or hide behind event content when such items was promised to us as craft able.

and that isn't even the last update they where suppose to do.....they had a whole list of stuff early this year....and I say early this year cause we are all ready into the 2Q of the year and nearing soon half the year gone by.  WHY WASN'T THE MONEY FOR DLC SPENT ON EXTRA PROGRAMMER?   It seems we get that told to use once a year and still they only have one programmer (ti was 2 at one time way back in the days).   I'm going to bet they made a pretty penny off the last DLC and will make it off the next so there is no excuse for them to hold back in game Continent that was promised to be craftable or to be dragging patches they need to implement  to deal with balance issues.   

PS:   @admin Oh I updated that review, while I gave it thumbs up I didn't change it, just added more info.  I can't lie and tell them something isn't true when it's not.  You did take 6 months to update the paints when you said in only 30 days and you continue to do this over and over with things promised to come.   As a business it's your job to provide good service to your customer, not our job to kiss your arse and hope you give us what you promise.  Now I don't give a crap if content is delayed to make it better, what I do give a crap about is proper information to let your customers (WE THE PLAYERS) know of the delays if there are some.  Delays are expected, but lack of information or miss information cause you change your mind is not.

It's funny I've played other GL games and don't have this issue with the dev teams on those games.  Some of them are actually hot fixing patching stuff daily and posting notes up and giving updates.  So it's not a Company thing, it's the team involved with this game.

Exactly.

If you are a supermarket you would see me only once and never again. Think about it. You want good reviews? Work for it. I already wrote mine 4 years ago and it was not a good one. And nothing has changed. Just the looks changed, but not the main issues. They are still the same and still accurate. For four bloody years.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CptEdwardKenway said:

If you are a supermarket you would see me only once and never again. Think about it.

I thought about it.

I came to the conclusion supermarkets are nothing special and exchangable. You don't like "A" chain? Go to "B" chain.

Now this game. It's unique.

You can of course leave it and play another. But it won't be close in experience. Not like supermarket type A resembles B ... and C and D...

So... no. You did not leave, you still play it.

Guessing that its uniqueness is why you apparently stayed for that long.

With a review, four years old, still negative (as I deducted from your text, I did not look it up).

I advise you to have a milder view on something which captivates you for those four years...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Borch said:

It is spent on other GL projects.

Also nothing wrong with that, if true.

The other GL projects are looking just as promising as Naval Action, in fact most of them (Legends, Dreadnoughts) are aiming at the same naval-loving community, so a wish they succeed with them and use more ressources on them, financed by sales of NA, is in order.

• Like 2