Game-Labs Forum

Swedish Coast Guard/Privateer Fleet Not Working

Andrei

Today I observed an incident regarding one of our privateer fleets. After some reports by various Swedish players I was able to document the event.

In fact, It took a Swedish player to tag the enemy within the engagement circle before the fleet was pulled by the tag.

The fleet did not pursue the enemy player's leopard once it had left battle with a player's snow. I was able to record this with screenshots because the fleet did not alter course to intercept.

As you can see in the first screenshot the enemy player sailed straight in this direction (outlined in red) and even before then the fleet did not alter course to intercept.

Note: the angles (outlined in red) in which the fleet is pursuing as well as the minute go by in nation chat where the player was not tagged which allowed the player to sail across the privateer fleet's engagement circle.
Also note: the green line where the privateer fleet's trajectory should have been.

1.   Cdapture.thumb.JPG.5cb3344d505b0fd4d278f747443ad065.JPG

2.   Capddture.thumb.JPG.d10f5dbd7bcfbe377eebff62347d1b60.JPG

3.   Capasdadsdasture.thumb.JPG.6891c3af8a8c728a8384f394ad48167d.JPG

4.   ada.thumb.JPG.3a8b1ec84c6680196d2c389c5e3177d5.JPG

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 3

It's not a bug - it's a feature.

Remove crew from any ship and it's BR drops. Basically the Leopard has a BR of 330 so u need to remove about 71% of its crew which comes down to 124 crew.. but since u can remove crew below the treshold to leave port after u enter OW that's not a big issue.

When u tag/gets tagged u just add crew before battle starts. 

Easy.

1 hour ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Remove crew from any ship and it's BR drops. Basically the Leopard has a BR of 330 so u need to remove about 71% of its crew which comes down to 124 crew.. but since u can remove crew below the treshold to leave port after u enter OW that's not a big issue.

Easy.

Lol

Easy.

😮 That is Genius!

But at the same time, I don't think crew should make a difference for BR. If you're undercrewed, that's your problem IMO

• Like 1

Easy.

I think BR and Crew are Not connected, its the rank (or max-crew you can have) that is connected to the BR. In testings months ago i was Not able to lower my BR on Ships by reducing Crew.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

I think BR and Crew are Not connected, its the rank (or max-crew you can have) that is connected to the BR. In testings months ago i was Not able to lower my BR on Ships by reducing Crew.

Then how have I been able to sail past Gustavia? (disregarding that little inciden SE of La Mona)...

Isn't that the same mechanic that allows more ships in portbattles by undercrewing them? I geuss it is not a problem? Or will we have to start carrying rum to replenish crew in open world?

(don't remember where the thread was, somebody asked a question about it a week ago?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

Crew and BR are connected.

I recognized this two weeks ago with my trading Alt. The Alt sailed with two Indias (both 60crew), was tagged by an enemy Trinc. Battle BR on battle cross in open world signed less than 100BR on the swedish side. Normaly one Indiaman has a BR of 140. I expeted 280BR on the swedish side against 260 on the enemy side. As I arrived with my main account to engage the trinc after the battle, I could easily join after 5 min because of the lower BR on the side of my Alt.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2020 at 8:13 AM, Lars Kjaer said:

Easy.

This is not correct, BR only drops when a player with a quite low rank sails a ship with a crew that over exceed the current max crew of the rank.

The case is not reproduced.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:42 AM, Lars Kjaer said:

Then how have I been able to sail past Gustavia? (disregarding that little inciden SE of La Mona)...

On 2/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, Durin said:

observed this too. seems like something that needs to be fixed.

Captains, are you sure you were not under any kind of temporary protection timers? What were the ships and ranks?

3 hours ago, Ink said:

This is not correct, BR only drops when a player with a quite low rank sail a ship with a crew that over exceed the current max crew of the rank.

My Alt had at this time a low rank, therefore this lowered the BR.

Thx for clearing 

Edited by HamBlower

On 2/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, Ink said:

are you sure you were not under any kind of temporary protection timers?

Now that you mention it, yes that Leopard in the screenshots had just left a battle. But others here said they where able to get by privateer fleets this way, or were they just trolling?

23 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

You didnt read inks Post? Or you didnt understand?

I read it, but who knows if I understood it or not. Admin/INK are gods in NA, but they are not perfect. I do not believe Lars Kjaer would post if it was just BS. Maybe was an issue that got fixed in last patch. Who knows, but what is the harm with verifying? :P 

28 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

@Ink what if i have been in a though battle, have only 400 crew left when in OW and no possible way to refill the crew, and i sail a Bellona. Will the BR be 500 or 305?

On 2/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, Ink said:

BR only drops when a player with a quite low rank sail a ship with a crew that over exceed the current max crew of the rank.

So the answer on your question is no, BR will stay the same (500).

• Like 1