Game-Labs Forum

Warn Noobs they need trader ship!

Bonjour, Pryvit

Not a day goes by without seeing the same behavior from one or many new players.

1. ohh, I can make some money delivering passengers

2. Let's go

3. WTH, the darn enemy port wont let me in, what a stupid game

Typically at this point they are far from home, alone and friendless. In many cases it leads to atrocity as the passengers are heartlessly thrown overboard in a fit or rage or despair. Surely we are better than this?

My suggestion (s).

1. If a player is lower than command of 180 men or some other cut-off point (just to draw a line in the sand and reduce unnecessary nag screens ), if they have a warship in 'main' when they take a mission they get a warning. (You are loading your mission into a warship - you wont be able to enter enemy ports to deliver it in this vessel. with a simple OK to continue)

2. Another suggestion, give every noob a note for a Trader Lynx.

Thank you for considering my suggestion!

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Kubrat said:

Not a day goes by without seeing the same behavior from one or many new players.

1. ohh, I can make some money delivering passengers

2. Let's go

3. WTH, the darn enemy port wont let me in, what a stupid game

The most popular question of new players in all Chat channels for sure.

But Devs are already in the process of introducing some OW Tutorial missions for new players. Most probably they will solve that issue that way.

5 hours ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

Nah. Why should i be the only one to sail for 2 hours only to find out i can't enter port. This is a rite of passage that every player has to experience! Stop spoiling the noobs

The only thing spoiled is the taste in someone's mouth when they sail across the map only to find the game forgot to mention there is no way to smuggle themselves into a port.