Game-Labs Forum

Seasoned Woods poll

Do you like the addition of seasoned woods?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the addition of seasoned woods?

• Yes
    • No
    • I like the general idea but would (slightly) adjust them, by.. (post below)
  2. 2. Do you believe it will create an imbalance?

14 minutes ago, van Veen said:

It's not about accessibility.

It's about the gear imbalance that is increased. More bonus on top means more imbalance. It's as simple as that. 

i simply disagree.

i even can give you more examples : what even can be put in the game..

1 Carved woods.  less strength to the build (justy carved and bend )

2.Selected woods. where knees are already in the shape of the tree... what give you a much stronger build..

We can even use more depth than already is in the game 

the shipbuilding industry is much ,much more than we already have .

but what you want is just a simple  and  rigide build of ships (but thats fine to)

but for the builders of ships this is just the beginning.

Edited by Thonys

Balance means that you have a sweet spot where all things have a meaning. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages, but everything is viable. It's difficult. But the principle should be clear. 

Now what is the point of the unseasoned woods when there is a seasoned variant that is better in every aspect? There is no balance to it. 

2 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i simply disagree.

Do you have any reason to disagree? Any argument? No?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chromey said:

88% of players are afraid of pvp or to leave their care bare areas it seems. Do some port raids and get your season wood!

You don't get seasoned woods by doing port raids. 

The funny thing is, you get seasoned woods by carebearing. Funny, isn't it?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, van Veen said:

Balance means that you have a sweet spot where all things have a meaning. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages, but everything is viable. It's difficult. But the principle should be clear. 

Now what is the point of the unseasoned woods when there is a seasoned variant that is better in every aspect? There is no balance to it. 

Do you have any reason to disagree? Any argument? No?

hold on was not finished yet :)

Edited by Thonys

5 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i simply disagree.

Why that? We have access to all. But let's say you are new. Try to find a clan. Try to get ships for free. If not and you have to pay for each single ship, because the clan can't afford crafting stuff for free than good luck.    You try to make money by trading or pveing and getting ended up as a pvp target. Great job. Makes the work and time even more for 1 ship.   Nah just please don't cut out facts.  Bonuses on top of bonuses will increase everything from stock.  Just start thinking of that we are not only veterans in this game. There are a lot of casuals. Or people limited in time etc.  As easier to gain good ships the more players will play good ships = more rewarding pvp because skill does matter more than equid. 

• Like 1

regarding the topic, when was the last time you saw a small pvp fight where the winner barely survived with about 10% hp? i dont think you will even notice the seasoned wood in small scale pvp until you loot the sunk ship and see it. usually one side is so dominant that some percent more or less hp wont make any difference. now when it comes to big fights, port battles and such, yeah i guess the seasoned wood might make more of a difference, but what has that to do with accessability for new players? nothing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Durin said:

regarding the topic, when was the last time you saw a small pvp fight where the winner barely survived with about 10% hp? i dont think you will even notice the seasoned wood in small scale pvp until you loot the sunk ship and see it. usually one side is so dominant that some percent more or less hp wont make any difference. now when it comes to big fights, port battles and such, yeah i guess the seasoned wood might make more of a difference, but what has that to do with accessability for new players? nothing.

if new players join good clans with access to the woods is see no problem.

just.... give it some time.

Edited by Thonys

39 minutes ago, Durin said:

Are you serious???

In many cases the winner survives with much hp left, but only partly because he or she is better than the defeated.

In most cases such victors are much better equipped as well:

Port boni stacked with upgrades and books which increase the thickness, hp, reload, speed, repair amount, ... up to ridiculous values.

That‘s an important reason for uneven outcome of fights, too!

These seasoned woods widen the gap between good and mid quality equipment even further, so don’t tell me, that they‘ll have no influence on ow PvP!

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 3

Well funny to see people saying join a good clan. After all not all clans take every new member. 2nd not everyone wants to speak over communication Programm. And than most clans say you need to do this and this to get it.

When I was in LACO as pirate we always took every member. No requirements where made. They just grinde with us and did pvp a bit and so one. But as I could see and tell it was hard to make them better players. Because every human is different and learns faster or less fast.   So it went most of the time that they lose ships. OK nothing to worry about because we build only cheap ships like pfrig. Surprise etc. But count that in bigger ships with that amount of people you will realised that you have to kick members or force them really hard to put out cm dB woods for an time period to keep things alive. So if you transform this into bigger ships you will see its not gonna working. If you now transform it into upgrades I don't wanna talk. If we transform this now to an s wood ship things will pretty hard go out of hands.    That creates a scissor. The bad players or casuals feeling more teribble than before if they see that there boardside didn't do anything or just bounces off.  The morale on this will go down and people will leave because the super strong ships are even stronger. I mean in forum is a Screenshot where a wasa has atleast close the same thickness as a 1st rate. That's like you would upgrade a 3rd into a 1st just from armor point of view.   So if the not so good stock players go pvp in a 5th rate vs a s wood 5th rate that is from stats (armor) actually a 4th rate. There is no point to keep this pvp business alive for them. Yes   a group could make things better. But just you are more doesn't give you a advantage or the needed skill to kill this player 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, admin said:

Costs of power growth will no longer be gradual and will be exponential. This is the only way to balance power in MMOs.

In my opinion, a better way to do this, would be:

1. Limit crafting RNG to one or maybe two additional upgrade slots and no trim. (than from 3-4, or maybe from 3-5)

2. For the same cost of the current seasoned woods, give the possibility to add a slot plus trim of your choice. On existing ships.

The additional slots are not as imbalanced as the new wood. Also, no new items and woodtypes come into the game, which make the crafting even more confusing.
(and the problem with the DLC ships would be solved with it, too)

Edited by Holm Hansen

cmmon guys, its like youre saying "that fully epic equipped warrior is so much better in everything compared to my blue and green crap equipment, its so unfair. yeah he spend hundreds of hours in high end doungeon raids to get the stuff, but i as a new player should have all that epic goodness instantly so i dont have to fight an uphill battle"

1 hour ago, Durin said:

How can you say that? Let's give you a harsh example.   NA is kind of an mmo. Put now world of Warcraft instead and let the max lvl will all equidment farm the newer players in there capitol.  You actually said euqid doesn't matte. I guess you can agree that it matters when I did pvp and was able to kill an pvp hardcore player it always made me pride of it. Ohhhh no can't kill him he popt a repair and a second ship appears.   Oh I can't rep my ship because upgrades and books at emissing. Yes the ship itself isn't that problem durin m but you have to add all aspects. No experience. No upgrades. No books. Not s ship vs a fully highly skilled vessel. That's not working mate 

And the problem an all is  you need time to train.   You can't train when you get pvped when you try to kill a npc or Co.  I am a player I don't give up fast. I made it in leader boards more often. And kill players. No fear vs 1vs1s anymore and so one. But I am not the esample for the entire player base 

15 hours ago, Never said:

You can't base an opinion on seasoned woods based on a shallow PB where the forts have 42p guns. Off course to a 42p square fort what kind of wood small 6th or 5th rate is made of is not too relevant. 

My point was that they already have them.  The fact that they lost has nothing to do with it.  Some players are already deploying seasoned woods ships while other players are looking at that mountain and wondering if they will ever climb it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Durin said:

cmmon guys, its like youre saying "that fully epic equipped warrior is so much better in everything compared to my blue and green crap equipment, its so unfair. yeah he spend hundreds of hours in high end doungeon raids to get the stuff, but i as a new player should have all that epic goodness instantly so i dont have to fight an uphill battle"

literally Raid Finder? :P 

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

if new players join good clans with access to the woods is see no problem.

This is what I have a problem with.  We are forcing players (not just new ones) into the big rich clans, in order to get the best gear.  Russia is already sailing SW ships so lets all join them?  This game can be so much more than just big clan play.  And frankly, I don't see that it would cost any more in coding to make more solo/casual friendly.  I completely understand that the bigger groups will achieve more quickly, but since that will happen regardless, make it not-impossible for the casual-solo. It hurts nothing and puts more targets at sea.  There are several big clans that will get every advantage that is available no matter what.  By making it challenging for them, you murder half the population. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Durin said:

You can have that epic goodness instantly by joining the biggest clans. 

54 minutes ago, Lukas97Austria said:

Lol well you made a point.  I personally would more enjoy when everyone has easy access to everything. Yes. It's like giving free candy's. But pvp would be more fun for me atleast 

the game gets so shallow though if all you do is undock and pvp, and there is nothing in between, hence why i think that the most competitive and high end and rare ships should drop permits from events to encourage players to do them. We see now that seasoned shed permit drop from privateer chests, privateer chests are dropped from capital lineships e.g. people are encouraged to kill them.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

2 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

We see now that seasoned shed permit drop from privateer chests, privateer chests and dropped from capital lineships e.g. people are encouraged to kill them.

Too bad they don't drop from chests you get from PVP...on the PVP server...

• Like 3