Game-Labs Forum

Lost a wassa in a fire shock with NPC

Despe

Hello guys, yesterday i opened a post asking for the mechanics of fire shock after 2 fire shock experiences, and today i lost one wassa vs 3 NPCs frigates in a fire shock. I have survival activates as always and my ship put into fire shock suddenly with my ship with only a little bit sides damage, and i cant control it, during some minutes. My magazine was ok.

I make a F11 report for @admin and @Ink NAB-93646

6365712812DC1ABD1E7B353620A6AB76E5DF1784

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wyy said:

if we only knew where the magazine was placed on the ships we sail 😓 @admin @Ink

but if magazine is damage you have a warm like rudder and pump, and that was not my case. I had fire and some seconds after my ship was in fire shock in the same way when you disabble survival crew, but i had activated that. It was as the survival crew did not fight against the fire.

Edited by Despe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Salty Sails said:

i mean his ship.... if you fight against 3 npcs and it looks like this after 11 min..., you did something wrong.

I didn something wrong, i fougth like as always. I was in fire shok 3-4 minutes and finally NPCs sunk me with crew in survival all time, before the fire, during the fire and during the shok.

We’ll add this to the AIs abilities...

Range Finder at 250+ yards.

Steam Power.

Breech Loaders.

Turtleback Armor.

Turret Ships. (Grease production bombed!).

TNT Cannonballs.

Wildfire Cannonballs. 

If you are on fire when facing multiple NPC I have found it best to get away from them till the fire goes out. With 3v1 and with the AI reload rate if you allow them to keep shooting you the fire will only get worse faster than your crew can deal with it.

29 minutes ago, Archaos said:

If you are on fire when facing multiple NPC I have found it best to get away from them till the fire goes out. With 3v1 and with the AI reload rate if you allow them to keep shooting you the fire will only get worse faster than your crew can deal with it.

Yah I don't think the fire was his real problem, but also when your on fire and same with AI and they hit your Mag a second time (first sparks starts the fire) it can put you into shock.  It's rare but happens.

4 hours ago, Wyy said:

if we only knew where the magazine was placed on the ships we sail 😓 @admin @Ink

I actually know the location of a few ships (some have more than one) and can cause fires by hitting those areas.   They are suppose to be in the location of that ship historically so just look up the prints lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I sunk a lot of NPCs and this is the first time that i see something like this.

47 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

what is actually the problem here? Is he asking for his Wasa to be refunded just because he learned the hard way what fire shock is?

Im asking if there are a new mechanics in fire shock because i have some experiences with that in te past days. Im a pvp player, mate, i lost tons of ships all time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I don't think the fire was his real problem, but also when your on fire and same with AI and they hit your Mag a second time (first sparks starts the fire) it can put you into shock.  It's rare but happens.

I agree; I think this is the most likely explanation.  Hitting a magazine a second time is a cheap exploit that you can easily use against the AI; literally the majority of AI fires I cause these days spread and end in fire shock, and in every case it's just because I keep targeting the fire area with cannonballs.  The AI doesn't intentionally do it against players to the best of my knowledge, but it can happen by misfortune.

I don't think they messed with the fireshock system, it's the same as it was, but they could probably have messed with the NPCs. Right now, if you hit the magazine more than once, it will put you straight into fireshock. I've seen firing/fireshock being triggered more easily now, but still works exactly the same way it always were. If you hit between the bottom deck and the lower deck, a little bit to the stern, it's more likely for you to hit the magazine everytime you release a broadside.