Game-Labs Forum

Pirate security (PvP)

FooxLee

On 9/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I never understood why they only depended on one or two ports, they have a good number of high points ports to have as seconds and back ups.

Well they did. There was remedios Nuevitas and Baracoa.  In the past WTF was sketchy and would randomly take people off their friends lists for whatever reason, so hence nuevitas being the main hub.  Rax and the boys tried to build up Remedios and didn’t get very far before they left and Spain took the port.

Pirates are not as lucky as VP or GB in the regards of non capital crafting ports being 45pts.  I have no idea what the rhyme or reason to having some 20k BR ports be 25 or even 15 points is. 

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

Ooof.  So much text.  

Beating the brits once isn’t something to pound your chest over.  And if the stream was correct, especially with that wind.  You say we’ve done nothing, yet you’ve been absent from the game for 2 years.  We were the only pirate clan capable of winning back the ports WTF bungled away during that time, whether it be against Prussia, US, GB, Russia or even Spain.

Will you have the stones to keep the EU timer or will you dodge it with 1-4?  I am glad you figured out how circles work.

I can’t exactly say we were upset, though we’re not fan of cheaters... but that aside we’re more amused than anything with how you failed a couple of times and a allowed us to nuke everything.

Zero attacks on Isla since we’ve been gone, and most of those guys don’t even play anymore.  We found a nation who will attack the Dutch and have been enjoying the content.  

1.  You guys never took any ports when BL4CK was waiting on the release.

2.  Why should you care what port time is set to? Most of us are US players, so we will set it how we see fit!

3.  You nuked a port???and you are showing remorse for Ed, lol.

4.  We dont want Isla, maybe you guys should take it...

5.  Sinking Dutch traders dont count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBaddger said:

1.  You guys never took any ports when BL4CK was waiting on the release.

2.  Why should you care what port time is set to? Most of us are US players, so we will set it how we see fit!

3.  You nuked a port???and you are showing remorse for Ed, lol.

4.  We dont want Isla, maybe you guys should take it...

5.  Sinking Dutch traders dont count.

Never took any ports.....

I mean.. I could just post screenshots, but is it worth trying to refute someone with such a drastically low IQ?  

Nah.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, koltes said:

Go organize their own force, attack national ports. Claim it. Build ports, bonuses. There you have it. Just keep your hands from mine that I worked for. 

But didnt you just arrange with another nation so you could take what they had worked for and invested in from them? Why didnt you go for another port on this large map?

• Like 4

Fine discussion or whatever, but just a personal request... use the proper tags. Don't want to initiate a debate but there's BLACK and there's BL4CK and both are different groups with very much distinct approaches to the game and playing Pirates.

So do try to use the correct tags. Pagan Pete, Koltes and all the chaps of their respective groups will appreciate i'm sure.

Thanks all.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, RubyRose said:

you took santiago de cuba, for the PB fleet only 3 BL4CK players showed up for it majority of the fleet was WTF clan not BL4CK. where were u koltes or 7grams or the other 8 or so veteran players for this PB u set against britian where were ur ships u had simon who is ex dutch, u had seagul and u had masterho, to say u took SdC would be a straight up lie.

If you're going to post on these forums and remain in our clan, we expect you to at least have some idea of what you're talking about.  We kicked Honeybadger for being an utter moron, I don't mind doing it again.  Please note the names with the red underline.  All 12 of them, not 3.  Including Koltes and 7grams.  

524b018a87e7ecd339229c8ca68d12f6.jpg

Trolls are ok and even sometimes fun, fools are not.

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 4

On 9/9/2019 at 5:56 PM, koltes said:

But that is what they always been and ever be. A nuisance. VCO have never done in 2 years in our absence what we have done in 2 moths. They are now biting their lips being butt hurt jealous seeing our results.

VSC contains quite a few members from "BL4CK", and quite a few brand new recruits that make great strides at learning the game.
These former "BL4CK" members are the ones who wanted to play the game from day one. The members who were betrayed by You and 7Grams, by your refusal to plan for release. The members that stuck around in "BL4CK" back in 2017 for many battles longer than either of you "leaders", the ones that didn't get discouraged by losses, the ones that finally crushed WO at PdP. The members that lived in the future, and recognized that you can't keep treating multi-month recruits as "others" just because they didn't participate in your former glory. 

VCO became the #1 largest and most active clan in the Pirates at release, and built up Nuevitas - gathering the absolute majority of the 1000 combat medals and 400K+ doubloons and all the Victory Marks (by showing up at every damned port battle, no matter the time). 

VCO tried desperately to unite the pirates in one capital - Nuevitas, the most central and best defended Port Battle. VCO warned both UWS and WTF that if we don't pool resources into one spot, we will fall behind and WO and others will show up on our shores with a 25 stack or more that we can't counter. UWS, WTF, and now even BL4CK have sacrificed national interest in order to put their names on a crafting port - picking vanity over national interest.

We did all that before BL4CK showed up, while BL4CK sailed lonely trader brigs, while BL4CK did nothing to defend the coasts from raiders, or coordinate shipments, or any other national activity. BL4CK refused to join our TS for battles, despite VCO bringing the most firepower. BL4CK refused to coordinate defenses - letting enemies slip freely into ports during screenings. BL4CK had anti-national policies like never reforming battle groups - making it impossible to re-tag screened fleets after a partial join. The list of ways you hello kittyed with us and the nation to feed your messiah complex is quite long. You personally wanted to lead the Nation into battle, while not playing the game for years, and not knowing basic RvR mechanics. You could have asked someone - but that would require humility.

We allowed you to profit from our great Nuevitas investment, which despite your claims produced less money than one players' regular economy work, and cost money to maintain timers (along with all the other ports we had to pay for because YOU WERE WEEKS LATE). We gave you information to help you grow more efficiently, not holding back any findings. 

We did that despite constant berating and open sabotage by other clans, people who showed up to PB a month after release in a Hercules (!). We had a week where every night we had to defend from WO or Raiders or others, and if we took a break, no one filled the void. The same people who showered us with abuse suddenly demanded we defend their ports. We all realized that we were suffering for nothing, and that people play games for fun. Most of us voted to leave. Some chose to remain Pirates. You couldn't stand that. 

I remember the kind of cold reception I received from 7Grams ON THE DISCORD OF MY CLAN - A CLAN HE QUIT BEFORE I DID, when his "highness" got convinced to play, and realized I didn't wait for him and had to join another clan (with other former "BL4CK" members). I remember gradually losing permissions (why wasn't a "BLACK Veteran" tag provided to replace the one with clan permissions, at least while I was pirate? Oh, you didn't think of it, right). I remember having my messages erased from the lobby, to deny me friendly banter with old clanmates. 

You don't know anything about the current state of VCO, and which people participate in making it a great group to play with. You don't know anything about the effort we put in at release. You operate based on information from 2016 in 2019.

I have so far mostly poked fun at you in a silly manner, using relatively friendly memes. Keep lying about the efforts of me and mine, and these gloves come off.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness, for awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire, that are themselves the mere milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, Tenet said:

VSC contains quite a few members from "BL4CK", and quite a few brand new recruits that make great strides at learning the game.
These former "BL4CK" members are the ones who wanted to play the game from day one. The members who were betrayed by You and 7Grams, by your refusal to plan for release. The members that stuck around in "BL4CK" back in 2017 for many battles longer than either of you "leaders", the ones that didn't get discouraged by losses, the ones that finally crushed WO at PdP. The members that lived in the future, and recognized that you can't keep treating multi-month recruits as "others" just because they didn't participate in your former glory. 

VCO became the #1 largest and most active clan in the Pirates at release, and built up Nuevitas - gathering the absolute majority of the 1000 combat medals and 400K+ doubloons and all the Victory Marks (by showing up at every damned port battle, no matter the time). 

VCO tried desperately to unite the pirates in one capital - Nuevitas, the most central and best defended Port Battle. VCO warned both UWS and WTF that if we don't pool resources into one spot, we will fall behind and WO and others will show up on our shores with a 25 stack or more that we can't counter. UWS, WTF, and now even BL4CK have sacrificed national interest in order to put their names on a crafting port - picking vanity over national interest.

We did all that before BL4CK showed up, while BL4CK sailed lonely trader brigs, while BL4CK did nothing to defend the coasts from raiders, or coordinate shipments, or any other national activity. BL4CK refused to join our TS for battles, despite VCO bringing the most firepower. BL4CK refused to coordinate defenses - letting enemies slip freely into ports during screenings. BL4CK had anti-national policies like never reforming battle groups - making it impossible to re-tag screened fleets after a partial join. The list of ways you hello kittyed with us and the nation to feed your messiah complex is quite long. You personally wanted to lead the Nation into battle, while not playing the game for years, and not knowing basic RvR mechanics. You could have asked someone - but that would require humility.

We allowed you to profit from our great Nuevitas investment, which despite your claims produced less money than one players' regular economy work, and cost money to maintain timers (along with all the other ports we had to pay for because YOU WERE WEEKS LATE). We gave you information to help you grow more efficiently, not holding back any findings. 

We did that despite constant berating and open sabotage by other clans, people who showed up to PB a month after release in a Hercules (!). We had a week where every night we had to defend from WO or Raiders or others, and if we took a break, no one filled the void. The same people who showered us with abuse suddenly demanded we defend their ports. We all realized that we were suffering for nothing, and that people play games for fun. Most of us voted to leave. Some chose to remain Pirates. You couldn't stand that. 

I remember the kind of cold reception I received from 7Grams ON THE DISCORD OF MY CLAN - A CLAN HE QUIT BEFORE I DID, when his "highness" got convinced to play, and realized I didn't wait for him and had to join another clan (with other former "BL4CK" members). I remember gradually losing permissions (why wasn't a "BLACK Veteran" tag provided to replace the one with clan permissions, at least while I was pirate? Oh, you didn't think of it, right). I remember having my messages erased from the lobby, to deny me friendly banter with old clanmates. 

You don't know anything about the current state of VCO, and which people participate in making it a great group to play with. You don't know anything about the effort we put in at release. You operate based on information from 2016 in 2019.

I have so far mostly poked fun at you in a silly manner, using relatively friendly memes. Keep lying about the efforts of me and mine, and these gloves come off.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness, for awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire, that are themselves the mere milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Bro...chill out, you act like you dont like it very much over in Russia and and missing the Pirate Islands and the recent success in Cuba. VCO will always be nation hoppers, get used to it. BL4CK will always be pirates. 

Edited by Hethwill
correction of clan tag to avoid confusions

Bro...chill out, you act like you dont like it very much over in Russia and and missing the Pirate Islands and the recent success in Cuba. VCO will always be nation hoppers, get used to it. BL4CK will always be pirates. 

Until they lose once or twice like they did on Global, the rest of the pirates stop playing along with their little games, and then they quit the game with shattered egos just like last time.

It’s just a matter of time.

And how is it possible that the VCO pirate baddies still haven’t been run out of the nation with all that BL4CK influence? Curious. 

• Like 4

you act like you dont like it very much over in Russia

My experience in Russia is entirely positive. 

1. The chief organizers are competent, and received their roles by merit. 

2. Besides BF doing their own thing, everyone tries to work together, most sharing the same TS 

3. PvP is easy to get, and clans in the nation show up in every Patrol Zone. I'm learning a lot from facing some of the toughest clans on the server. 

4. Nation chat is friendly (except a few alts we can ignore) and active - people show up to sink infiltrators and to raid. 

5. Economy is much more efficient, we spend much less time sailing around for shipping. 

I suspect it's a similar situation in the Dutch and Danes, which is why they show up to PvP and RvR in the best ships and at very high numbers relative to the server. It's a game about pixel ships, pixel flags and should just be played for fun. It's not real life patriotic military service. Nostalgia for past accomplishments is an illusion. Carpe Diem!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HoneyBaddger said:

Bro...chill out, you act like you dont like it very much over in Russia and and missing the Pirate Islands and the recent success in Cuba

To anyone watching those port battles I don't think the comments were very appraising of how well the pirates did.  In fact the consensus seems to be that the brits were utterly horrendous in both fights and seem to rely on the tried and true strategy of beaching their ships and holding on tight until the pain stops.  In the battle yesterday Atreides snatched victory from brits when he decided to sail his requin to the topmost circle with the other requin....and sink.  Rather than both choosing a circle and sitting in it as long as they could.  Brits were....terrible.  I am a little bit jealous however.  I enjoy those very close brawling fights with lots of boarding to the constant maneuvering and repairing that seems to happen around Carta.  Sinking GA is a favorite past-time of mine.  

As for Russia.  We very much enjoy being there as we did right after the merge.  North and Anolytic do a good job realizing that sharks need to keep moving to survive and that content needs to be king, even if they must create it.  Clans in Russia, unlike pirates, don't refuse to enter port battles if their terms aren't met.  There's no whining or chest beating in nation chat.  No clan drama.  No one screaming about being sunk outside Mort.  People show up and do what they gotta do.    

More importantly, Russia is willing to fight the dutch.  Pirate clans were not.

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

More importantly, Russia is willing to fight the dutch.  Pirate clans were not.

Lol...you ran from the Dutch, hahahaha you so funny. After you lost Gtown, they had their sight set on Morgans...then you lucked out that you had a superior screening force. If not then you would have for sure had 2 loses to WO. Why have you not taken Isla yet? Scared?

• Like 1

Lol...you ran from the Dutch, hahahaha you so funny. After you lost Gtown, they had their sight set on Morgans...then you lucked out that you had a superior screening force. If not then you would have for sure had 2 loses to WO. Why have you not taken Isla yet? Scared?

Wait what nation are you in now?

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Most of the toughest clans are in Russia, so you are not really facing them.

In my timezone North American- or close to it, I face HAVOC, WO (when they return) and other Dutch clans, along with the remaining Prussians. In PZ we often fight the rest, people who are at or above my experience. What does the word "Most" mean in your post? Did you take an accurate count of the clans and their members, or is your veiled statistic merely in your imagination?

For the record, I advocate openly for Clan Wars:

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 3