Game-Labs Forum

[Pictures] Painted Ships

52 minutes ago, admin said:

you know you can preview them all in port for that ship if you have that ship in dock

Great paints, I may start buying DLC again. 

Can you please give us option to see enemy ship name, as sometimes paints make it really difficult to understand enemy ship type. May be show ship names when spyglass is used in ow and when close to tagging distance just reveal ship name? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Great paints, I may start buying DLC again. 

Can you please give us option to see enemy ship name, as sometimes paints make it really difficult to understand enemy ship type. May be show ship names when spyglass is used in ow and when close to tagging distance just reveal ship name? 

But thats half the point :D 

The ship lines don't change, so people will need to get better at looking for identifying features. Paint was a classic strategy for hunters to disguise them self, and now we can use it here. 

I can't count how many times people have seen an unpainted indiaman and told me its a bellona haha

4 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

But thats half the point :D 

The ship lines don't change, so people will need to get better at looking for identifying features. Paint was a classic strategy for hunters to disguise them self, and now we can use it here. 

I can't count how many times people have seen an unpainted indiaman and told me its a bellona haha

But this makes a camo effect, thus via DLC = P2W for owners? 

10 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

But this makes a camo effect, thus via DLC = P2W for owners? 

You can get them in-game with paint chests, and also you can trade/capture painted ships. 

37 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

...May be show ship names when spyglass is used in ow and when close to tagging distance just reveal ship name? 

Now Tlynx can look almost like default privateer. Best feature ever that player has to identify.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

You can get them in-game with paint chests, and also you can trade/capture painted ships. 

I am not trying to bend the truth, yes DLC paints are now great, but I grinded pve with lots of gold/silver chest, haven't seen any paint, so I do not own paint dlc, I do not have any paints, I feel disadvantaged! 

Yes I will get the dlc asap, but other players will feel the same if they do not own the DLC. I also think exchanging paints/notes in cargo hold, had been fixed. 

So as always I try to be as objective as possible. I am no Vernon :)

11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

At least this one is a cosmetic one. In fact, we should have more of this kind of cosmetic DLC.

I will definitly buy :), I also want sail colour  dlc :)

Free to select any paint plus add sail of my liking yummy... 

it uses brackets [ ]

Ah yes, you can layer them inside, but that's not what i'm referring to. The issue is that sometimes the spoiler I'm creating will include EVERYTHING below it, for no reason, and there is no way to undo this issue. It swallows the rest of the post, and basically kills it. 

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Serk said:

''Montagne'' paint looks stunning. Could someone post pictures of L'Océan with that paint? :)

It seems a bit too dark on my pictures (taken with cloudy skies). In plain sunlight the brown stripe on the side looks more like milk-chocolate color, with a reddish tone.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac