Game-Labs Forum

Patch 31: Port investments, new hostility and preparation for release

admin

11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

expect to get things done at the same speed as a major clan

This is ok if a smaller clan can get things done at slower speed, which you simply can't because of current mechanics.

• Like 1

So they already had the most power, we all agree here.

So Devs increase that, 

And tell the others to cap crew space ia frigates or craft oak/oak ones.

I think the goal is just to push everybody in the strongest clan alliance, and pray for a contender to magically appear in a rival nation.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Wrong! Only your game play must be improved dramatically.

You make me laugh with your 'our Nation is better than yours' nonsense all the time. Have you nothing else to say? Do you ever have any opinion on game mechanics or development or testing? This is what this thread is supposed to be about.  Don't forget I know you Graf. What game play? All you do all day, is carebear on your Spanish Alt and run Indiaman fleets on your ridiculous number of alts. Click, click, click, yay! Im the winner! Great gameplay mate!

14 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I think the goal is just to push everybody in the strongest clan alliance

We just all decide to join british nation and soon will turn PVP Server into PVE. Everything ok so far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Admiral Isy said:

As a new player I've just been locked out of crafting. Was this intended?

How are you locked out of crafting?  You can do divevery missions and get the doubloons to make a level 1 shipyard very easly just like any one else.  It will take time but you can even save up and go all the way to level 3 but it will take time and cost you.   You can do a lot of what any other players in clans can do but it just might take you way longer cause your doing it by yourself.  Why should you get a participation trophy for the hard work of the clans and you didn't help?   Want certain perks join an RvR clan or a clan that is friends with one or just take longer solo to do things.

2 hours ago, Wyy said:

i agree, that people expect to be able to craft the highest tiered ships in 1 day of playing doesent make sense. Headquarters and main base is a thing when what you own there is actually expensive

I keep telling folks in nation this, every thing we are doing this week is fast passed cause we have 1st rates and stock piles of real, doubloons, CM, and the VM's.   It's not going to be anywhere this fast the first week or even month of the release.

1 hour ago, admin said:

agree and we are going to update battle rewards next week making combat activities more rewarding

Thanks....good to know and I expected it when I saw the numbers in yesterdays hotfix.

1 hour ago, no one said:

Yes. The game mechanics in NA are made to give all power to the clans and nothing to solo players.

Solo players can still do mostly what any clan player can, but at a much slower pace.  Why should a solo player that didn't help capture a port get all the perks as those that worked hard to capture and build the port.  They can also buy things from those clans and if they ask nicely and part of a small clan they can maybe be added to the clan list.

1 hour ago, MacaroniMax said:

can we have a shipyard just for building traders and trader missions for the harder items to aquire,like rare woods,upgrade Materials,(example)Cartegena

Level one even with the new prices can be gained after doing a few delivery missions.   They make the traders you might want or you can just capture them.   Level 2 you might need for indman as it isn't capturedable in OW.   Other wise you can always just buy them off other players, they might even have the new port perks too.

48 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The biggest clan has always had the most power.   Nothing has ever changed that.  If you are a solo or a small clan, you can't reasonably expect to get things done at the same speed as a major clan.  I believe that everyone should eventually be able to get all the resources he needs, but expecting it to happen at the same speed is not reasonable.  We do have the ability to ride the coat tails of a big clan by being on their friends list.  Not my favourite option because it demands permission from another player and I'm against that.  But it will get you there.  In addition, I have seen small clans taking the satellite ports (with the help of outside players.  These ports still fall under the protection of the county capitol as they can't be attacked 1st.  There is a lot of good in the new system and it is not completed yet.  They just need to tweak it under my direction to make it right :D

At least some one gets it.   This game is a multiplayer MMO sandbox with RvR element.  You can play the game how you want, but you might not be able to easily get some content without the help of others. It's like any raids in other games where you need 6-8 players to do them and they can't be done solo.  

45 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The biggest problem.  The ships are going to be too OP.  Plus they haven't nerfed the mods (as they've said).  I still have hope for an adjustment.  There needs to be caps.

I don't think they will be, by time we get ports up and going most of the big clans and nations will be pumping out ships, with the same stats.  Eventually most of the nations will have a port that will have most of the perks unlocked.  Some might get there faster than others. I think US is very close behind Russia cause we are polling all our nations resources into these ports in prep for the release.   If folks don't work together than yes it's going to take some nations longer than others.  That is going to prob be GB's issue cause they are so spread out all over the place.

35 minutes ago, mikawa said:

This is ok if a smaller clan can get things done at slower speed, which you simply can't because of current mechanics.

Why can't they?  Also why can't they help the bigger clan and be added to it's friends list. I don't know what nation your in, but I'll tell you in US we got together and is pulling all our resources together big and small clans.   Bigger clans took the capitals to support paying for timers, smaller clans took regional ports and will support the large clans.  It's not our fault other nations aren't working together and helping each other.  That sounds more like an organization problem not game mechanic.

also if your in a small weak nation?  Well you can always go join one of the bigger ones. You choose to play in the nation, clan and with who you play with. If your restricting your self by being in a weak nation or clan that is your own issues not the game mechanics.

We already warned the small 1 man clans they better join other bigger clans or they will be left out of the friends list cause it's limited to only 15 clans.  

18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

also if your in a small weak nation?  Well you can always go join one of the bigger ones. You choose to play in the nation, clan and with who you play with. If your restricting your self by being in a weak nation or clan that is your own issues not the game mechanics.

Really? If someone has to leave their nation to be able to compete, you don't think that's an issue with mechanics?

• Like 1

British is 26.86% of the population and own 84 Ports.   The problem has always been that GB spread out way to far and doesn't help each other.  They loose Bahamas last time to US cause they got no support from most of GB.  They lost the PB this last week cause well they prob didn't get support from enough GB players (though should be able to fill mulit PB and screen fleets).   Russia only has half the ports and they are 9.33% of the population and also have spread out pretty wide.  This making them easy targets for other nations. Instead of complaing any one that has a problem with either nation should just attack them or each other.  Wait GB can't do it cause they can hardly ever get there act together to use there much larger numbers in game compared to most other nations.

• Like 1

Jeez, there you go again. You are a raving Nationalist! lol. I apologise for the alts statement then perhaps I am wrong on that. I don't actually remember you personally ever sinking me and I would duel you any time in reasonably equal ships (not that that really matters), but of course that's not going to be possible now as all your ships will now be super ships because you are in the winning nation. Fyi I contributed ten times that in both dubs and CM's which I attained exclusively from PvPing in 3/5 blue ships. Cos that's what I enjoy doing and I can't even build any ships at the moment, let alone super ships. That doesn't bother me so much. What bothers me is that my and others ability to compete in PvP is now being dictated by the number of alts that North and Anolytic have - 36 on the last count wasn't it? I don't give a toss what nation it is. That's a bad game mechanic.

28 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I'm the guy who tells you this unfriendly truth. You are the guys who are responsible for.

mmm on second thoughts. You do not have access to Anolytic's and North's alts?

Edited by Hullabaloo

2 hours ago, admin said:

agree and we are going to update battle rewards next week making combat activities more rewarding

Please remember that 1st - 3rd rates are not capturable and so we don't get the added benefit of selling those ships to the Admiralty for extra reals. And STS is so right about the upgrades, mostly junk. Books are nice, because we can always help new nation members, but our clan alone has 8,675,309 Congreve's Sights, twice that in Winged Out Ballast, thrice that in Swing Bed and Elevating Screw, etc, etc.

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Will trading also have more rewards because now it's more efficient to just do delivery missions?

Consider doing trade run with these delivery missions. Sometimes I have to because there are no missions headed anywhere I want to go.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The biggest problem.  The ships are going to be too OP.  Plus they haven't nerfed the mods (as they've said).  I still have hope for an adjustment.  There needs to be caps.

Yes please speed caps per ship! Stop Vics and Bellonas from catching frigs in the OW! And yes please, lower the percentage boost from ports.

I am genuinely happy where I am but thank you Graf. Unfortunately you have other clans and in your nation who for some reason are unnecessarily unpleasant in battle chat and are unable to give a gg or show basic respect or politeness to enemy players which I will never understand. Since Russia works so well and so closely together, it would not be possible for me to rejoin REDS anyway as they are not people who I would want to play the game with. We are all supposed to be enjoying ourselves after all. Although Brits have their problems they are have proved to be a very friendly and fun nation to play with. So may I reciprocate, and say that if any REDS players find themselves feeling the same way, they would be very welcome to join BASTDS ;)

Edited by Hullabaloo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Why should a solo player that didn't help capture a port get all the perks as those that worked hard to capture and build the port.

Clans should have rewards / benefits for doing port battles? YES OF COURSE!

Clans should have unfair advantages in pvp? NO OF COURSE NOT! That is what completely ruins the game. The game is so unbalance that there is no reason to play unless you are in a big clan. And many already quit playing the game because s-h-i-t like this. What you have now is a dead empty game with some players in clans trying to understand if there is any reason to do RvR. But continue to push with the BIG CLAN agenda and pray for the game to become a sucess, it worked very well in the past 2 years doens't?

Edited by no one
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, no one said:

Clans should have rewards / benefits for doing port battles? YES OF COURSE!

Clans should have unfair advantages in pvp? NO OF COURSE NOT! That is what completely ruins the game. The game is so unbalance that there is no reason to play unless you are in a big clan. And many already quit playing the game because s-h-i-t like this. What you have now is a dead empty game with some players in clans trying to understand if there is any reason to do RvR. But continue to push with the BIG CLAN agenda and pray for the game to become a sucess, it worked very well in the past 2 years doens't?

Oh that is a crop of BULL SHIT.   SOLO players is going to loose to a clan any day of the week cause they are out number not cause of better ships. In a 1 vs 1 it's been proven over and over skill wins over better build.  A shitting player in a decked out gold ship is still a shitty player.  That solo player can still buy a ship off a big clan.  Ships are being posted all the time in ports.  That solo player can capture a ship if he catches one by it self.  Stop making up the pitty me I'm a solo player thing, cause it's there own fault if they don't want to work as a team or with others.  Normally those players are going to do there own thing no matter perks or rewards for RvR and such. 

You look at any big MMO out there they are designed for CLAN/GUILDS first and not the solo players, but they don't stop you from playing solo.  Just like this game doesn't stop you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John Hill Regard said:

Discussion of moderating policies

hello john..
volunteer mods are not devs.. in that particular case the wording for the warning, was not appropriate and was revoked by me just now.

but remember.
you must follow the accepted norms and read the forum rules in case you do not know what is ok and what is not ok here. 

Back on topic.

4 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Small nations are small because of power struggles inside their nations. Danemark-Norge was one of the strongest nations on the server until some inefficient clans opposed the leading clans without having a better concept. Result was, people left and now the nation is unable to take the ports next to its capital. Clanleaders responsible for this mess left game long ago. France struggles with fights inside the nations since years. Result is best players left incompetent loud-mouths alone. Now they had the chance to take over lead and failed terribly. Britain struggles from clan fights as long as France does. As soon as Havoc left game, the nation is unable again to decide about the most vital questions. Unable to defend the port which is really important for the nation. Result is you lost all of your 55 point ports in one evening and struggle with crafting best ships now.

Now you complain in forum that everything is bad, devs changed in the last weeks. Wrong! Only your game play must be improved dramatically.

Nice to hear that this blow was sitting. 😜

I remember your whining VERY HIGH as spaniard when not anything close to the alphadog. Or bragging when still thinking being a powerful nation.
It could be worst now. Because gear-gap will heighten skill gap. And you know which fleet has numbers+skill+gear ATM. Nothing bad: it's a circle.

Because you speak of your nation, my nation, his nation... and how you're good farming resources.

But not a reasoning about game features, how these could help more or less bigger or smaller organizations and so on.

Because I think about game balance. You only about the pride of you (temporary) nation.

Just out curiousity: how do you think Polish could defend or attack a capitol with their numbers?
And I do not enter in the more complex (too complex clearly for you) that's not only matter of numbers, but NUMBERS+(medium)EXPERIENCE+GEAR... like in any MMO.

Later you told a about a "blow"... I have still to underline which one. Definately not very strong if not even perceived.

• Like 5

On 5/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, Licinio Chiavari said:

On other hand

a) frontlines concept, that I consider great, is nothing... so better avoid it at all.

b) the Fortress mentality could lead the alphadogs to expand even more to insure more and more the fortresses. So pushing them to roll the map. If it happens what to do?

Without frontlines there were almost unlimited line to gang up and attack a nation. This way it will be precluded... and alphadog (with stronger bonuses) will be un-beatable.

A single superpower situation is bad in reality. In a game is death of the game.

This could be solved by map wipes every now and then as a feature of the game

Edited by Archipel
  • Like 1

Just now, Archipel said:

This could be solved by map wipes every now and then

Within this RvR, periodic map wipes will be necessary.

Majority likes to "win". So it could end very easily to a nation/coalition almost wiping all others or reducing them to no real threat... "ending the game".

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

At this point I'd be happy to see an end to RvR entirely.  It has never worked, usually been exploited, and always disappointed.  Increase the number of national ports to a substantial percentage, and leave the rest neutral. 

PBs, their preparation and aftermath are very enjoyable, though

Periodical wipes, imo, work only age progression games. Once the final age has been reached only then is a wipe needed to restart the game.

Say this game had enough ships from every decade that become available only after each decade has passed and technology level has been reached. Say each month is one decade in game.

So start at say 1700, only 1700-1710 ships are available. Hopefully before the next decade arrives your nation kept up on research to reach the next tech level or the game will age progress without you and you will be stuck in older ships trying to catch up while other nations have advanced. Do this for every decade. Once the game reaches 1820, the winner is whichever nation has conquered the most territory and other parameters like kills, ktd, tech unlocks, upgraded ports, etc. At this time the game is reset to 1700 and you restart your nation or new nation and maybe even reset skills and perks (like an age progressed character) and go at it again trying to change last "season's" results. Heck, this could be an on going seasonal tournament style. Jot that down.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Will trading also have more rewards because now it's more efficient to just do delivery missions?

I think changing the standard 100 weight unit for trade goods may help there. Some trade goods are not lucrative enough unless you have 3 Indiamen and trading with shallow ships is not worth it. Just take Passenger missions in your Lynx. I do like the cargo and passenger delivery missions as they add content but as you said trading should have better rewards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh that is a crop of BULL SHIT.   SOLO players is going to loose to a clan any day of the week cause they are out number not cause of better ships. In a 1 vs 1 it's been proven over and over skill wins over better build. 

Oh really? What would happen if it was 1 vs 1 with similar skills but one wih a regular ship and the other with a full upgrade ship, books, woods, clan bonus? So what you are saying here is bull shit.

A shitting player in a decked out gold ship is still a shitty player.  That solo player can still buy a ship off a big clan.

I have no idea what is happening in your faction but in sweden crafting ships to sale is a dead business. And if you think that the new patch will solve the problems you are wrong. It might happen to see some ships crafted by the clans available to buy but because they have acess to the clan bonus and others don't you will see prices rise. Not balanced mechanic translate to a broken game.

Ships are being posted all the time in ports.  That solo player can capture a ship if he catches one by it self. 

And again that fails terrible when you are facing players with  all the good stuff and you in a regular ship.

Stop making up the pitty me I'm a solo player thing, cause it's there own fault if they don't want to work as a team or with others.

Wrong again. If an mmo doens't give an balance game experience it is not the player X,Y or Z fault. It is the game mechanics fault for not providing an interesting and fun game to all.

Normally those players are going to do there own thing no matter perks or rewards for RvR and such. 

You look at any big MMO out there they are designed for CLAN/GUILDS first and not the solo players, but they don't stop you from playing solo.  Just like this game doesn't stop you.

Another big mistake from you. Every good MMO offers many things to do in a balance manner to all. What Naval Action pvp server offers to the solo player? Nothing.

PvP? Solo player can't compete 1 vs 1 against fully upgrade ships from the big clans.

PvE? There is no high sec zone for you to pve without problems. Again this is the main reason why the new player experience is terrible and many quit the game in a few hours.

Crafting? Why? If you can't compete with the ships quality made by the big clans?

Trading? For what? There is anything interested to buy if you know you will always be in an handicap postion playing solo?

But let's say i am wrong , you are goint to tell me now one MMO that f-u-c-k-s so much with the game balance giving all the power to the players in clans that is an HUGE SUCESS with HUGE POPULATION NUMBERS.

• Like 5

Port investment = good idea

Port bonuses = bad implementation. 

Perks like bonueses in port= posible solution.  Once you upgrade 1 bonus, the other must be locked, also they need some downside too, for example if you upgrade thikness you will lose speed and acceleration cause your adding more weight to your ship...  Same for other bonuses. 

Specialization must be added soon and wipe the previews upgrades cause if you fight a ship with all port upgrades, all elite mods and books you had NO CHANCE at all. Is imposible, i taste this thing myself yesterday and now im not in the mood in eve log into the game, is totally pointless. 

Having no ships, crafting way to expensive, enemy port upgrade to max and pvp against those and add they will not fight alone... Is a imposible task. 

And this pole for alliances will kill pvp at all. 

Im thinking to unistall and wait

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Carlos_Condell said:

if you think this is OK, the game is SUPER BROKEN

gold Locean.png

looks like that Russian, Prussian and Poland have some kind of crafting chance improoved.   me and many others in regular nation never crafted ships like this so frequently like them