Game-Labs Forum

Be nice to have a dedicated Fishing Boat

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

isn't that pretty much what 7th rate trade ships are?  Though minus the bonus but you can get that with a perk.

That's why I said it would be 'nice' ...admittedly it's not vitally needed -just something that might be fun to craft and and add a little diversity to the ship building market, and maybe a little extra benefit to anyone willing to sail one.  :)

• Like 2

Fishing is a prime market, unique in that it's not go to a port a click "collect resource" You have to sail around and find spots to fish. Fish is food, food is the lifeblood. Fishing was a huge business on it's own and it would be great to see a purpose built fishing vessel. Simply a cutter-refit that adds 20% to small fish catch, to a LGV refit for sharks and whales, which can be processed for their resources and sold, as a sort of alternative to the mining you would see in other games.

• Like 2

A dedicated fishing boat would be cool, it would be nice to see AI fishermen sailing around ports. Even better if pirates could attack them to reduce prosperity of hostile ports.

Edited by Capt Aerobane

1 hour ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

A Gommier or Lugger maybe..  That would make something for new captains in 7th rank ships to hunt.

For a lugger, there is the well documented Le Coureur (1776) that participated in the American Revolutionary War.

As for having a new 7th-rate in game, I for one would vote for a small 3-masted one, such as a French corvette built in the middle of the 18th century, also well-documented (L'Amarante, La Sardoine...). Il like it to sail the 6th-rate (corvette) 3-masted Rattlesnake.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

trade lynx and privateer catch me a lot of fish,too bad I have to throw crew overboard just to hold fish..idk if it is a real mechanic but brigs ehh.lgv seems good too.indianman ..big fish.zHercules im always throwing a mate over board just to make room in the hold,they do seem to fill up very fast.

Edited by MacaroniMax
im for real