Game-Labs Forum

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you for once....  

People want to sail all the biggest ships with the best gear, but they are deathly afraid of actually losing it.  

And instead of using ships/gear that they can afford to lose, they'd rather stay in port.

The state of NA 2018/2019

Players who came into the game in Dec did not have your experience, and they are key for online growth. 

They are not afraid to lose ships. They get attacked ask for help and get nothing or cant find battles or else.
2x more players go to pve server now. But those who come to pvp server want pvp and we will give it to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

They are not afraid to lose it. They get attacked ask for help and get nothing. 
2x more players go to pve server now. But those who come to pvp server want pvp and we will give it to them. 

Granted looks like you already decided, please advise how you think to implement this change.

And dont ask ideas.

• Like 2

They are not afraid to lose it. They get attacked ask for help and get nothing. 

I’m dubious.  But ok, let’s test it.   We’ve already seen that players are afraid of losing ships and gear in RvR...  

But let’s see what the stats say after this.  

3 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Granted looks like you already decided, please advise how you think to implement this change.

And dont ask ideas.

the weaker side battle opened (old reversed signalling) is going to be back
the rest can be discussed.

I agree with one poster that Attacker must bear the consequence of his actions. If you attack a player you must fight. I think it could be a good feature and will eliminate a lot of fake combat. And people who are just average (like me)will think twice before attacking a 3rd rate in a light ship just to try and run if something goes wrong. 

• Like 4

I would not like to see the circle of death everywhere in the OW.  Please leave it for the PZ.  Traders need to be able to escape.  Sometimes the defender would rather run, this should be allowed.

The BR based RoE does sound interesting.  I wouldn't mind experimenting with that.

• Like 2

the weaker side battle opened (old reversed signalling) is going to be back
the rest can be discussed.

I agree with one poster that Attacker must bear the consequence of his actions. If you attack a player you must fight. I think it could be a good feature and will eliminate a lot of fake combat. And people who are just average (like me)will think twice before attacking a 3rd rate in a light ship just to try and run if something goes wrong. 

I can see the point.

Still even with circle of death a fore-aft rigged ship can easily kite a SoL.

Secondly retreat should be always possible... Because "shit happens". For both sides.

Thirdly, without minimum distance tag (Hethwill's warning shot distance), so without defensive tag, you are helping gank teams.

Plenty people looks like I am fanatic on that.

But I played a lot both the hunter and the prey role.

I am not a super captain, but quite smart and nice sailor. I know this will be one of the consequencies. Especially without rebalancing of other mechanics.

8 minutes ago, Greysteak said:

The BR based RoE does sound interesting.  I wouldn't mind experimenting with that.

False.

At the moment the "stronger" side between an Endymion and a 3rd rate... is the Endymion.

Not to REPEAT THAT BR BASED ROE WILL BE ANOTHER GIFT TO BEST VETERANS.

Giving totally zero chances to average players against them banning them using numbers (that already very often are not sufficient).

But looks like I am only one of the few foreseeing that.

We'll see who was right.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari

22 minutes ago, admin said:

No thanks.

1 pvp kill in 8 in game hours for an average new pvp player is horrendous and will be fixed. Some tears will just make the soup a bit better - natural salt.
If you attack a weaker ship you will most likely have guests. This is already in test bed builds since last week. Battles will close when BR evens out (reverse automatic signalling)

Lies damn lies and statistics (however said that anyway?)

Players like me may be part of what you are percieving as a problem, I have 2136 hours ingame on my main account during this time I have very rarely actively looked for PVP but I still want to play on the War server are you actually factoring in players like me?

Or people that like to trade? I have 803 hours on my alt account (Creme Anglaise) and I have never looked for PVP with this account because it's for trading/crafting.

Or new players that take one look at combat news and the fact that they can be jumped (I deliberately did not use the g word) right outside their capital port then think I need to get some ship knowledge slots unlocked, some upgrades and a better ship before I go looking for PVP?

Current ROE is not perfect but it's not horrible either please please please make minor changes and let the guys test them, drastic changes make players give up.

• Like 5

Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

False.

At the moment the "stronger" side between an Endymion and a 3rd rate... is the Endymion.

That's not correct (even though in some case it is) but it shouldn't be. This will be fixed with the broadside damage recalculation, and hopefully some musket fire mechanic.

Edited by Slim McSauce

15 minutes ago, admin said:

I fear for the small ship captain that wants to challenge himself with a bigger target.

It just won't happen anymore., in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

That's not correct (even though in some case it is) but it shouldn't be. This will be fixed with the broadside damage recalculation, and hopefully some musket fire mechanic.

I started typing some really patronising BS but managed to stop myself however please reread what LC said and your response to it.

BR based ROE would be awful a single Frigate CURRENTLY has the advantage over a single SOL period, if's and maybes don't trump facts.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, admin said:

We will start with the following.
All battles will be open for the weaker side (vs ai or players does not matter). Attack a weaker ship - prepare for guests.

What if 2 princes attack 1 bellona? Br wise princes can get reinforcement. But very often skill wise the bellona needs reinforcement.

Br system is blind to player skill

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, admin said:

)will think twice before attacking a 3rd rate in a light ship just to try and run if something goes wrong. 

How does that increase pvp? When attacking will become a penalty.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

Not to speak about 6 casuals with Hercules without mods/books facing 2 veterans in same ships... With shiny mods and books.

Br system has to get better and has to take player skill into account. And be closed for exploits by faking personal br rating (playing bad on purpose)

Good gear only for high personal rating instead of dbs.

41 minutes ago, admin said:

If you attack a player you must fight. I think it could be a good feature and will eliminate a lot of fake combat. 

Managing to retreat from a battle that for whatever reason went wrong (outskilled, outnumbered, having a bad day), it not that easy, your sails may be wrecked, you may have several opponents you have to dodge while making your retreat etc etc. 

It's part of combat, also part off combat preventing an opponent that is loosing to be able to retreat. That sometimes require just as much (if not more) skill then sinking your opponent. Calling it "fake" combat is just silly.

Again good combat mechanics is not measured in pvp kills / hour. 

Edited by Castañon del Rey
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Castañon del Rey said:

It's part of combat, also part off combat preventing an opponent that is loosing to be able to retreat. That sometimes require just as much (if not more) skill then sinking your opponent. Calling it "fake" combat is just silly.

You know.

Retreating is for skilless cowards and losers.

That some of greatest and most complex military actions were successful retreats is a #fakenews.

• Like 1