Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

16 hours ago, admin said:

The method how goods are delivered to the Caribbean has changed. 

For example we need to deliver 2400 theoretical logs to the caribbean 
Previously goods were delivered in the amount of 10 logs every hour to 10 ports (each port): 2400 in total
Now goods are delivered by NPCs in holds - so one of those ten ports receives the full load of 2400 logs

so parrot cay and tordo still have a chance to get those goods delivered. But if they are delivered it will full indiaman worth of goods. 

An interesting idea, but it has completely killed trade.  nothing has made it up the Atlantic coast to trade in US waters for days... probably because all trade ships are getting killed in the hopes of doubloons, which so far every trade ship I've hit has been empty of doubloons

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Sir texas, you can loot paints now in traders.

Pics or it didn't happen. I heard some folks received paints for inconveniences regarding port battles and maybe they trolled by telling you that they looted them from traders?

19 hours ago, Teutonic said:

So when you find out that they only have to pay 1 doubloon on their alts to your 10 doubloons, is it ok now?

? Is that the case??? If its the case I will quit the game because the amount of P2W has increased, and I will write a review on steam about how a fantastic game is ruined and how a great part of the "players" in this game actually are alts condoned, and helped by the devs.

"This game is a must for you have the time and are willing to pay what it costs to run about 5 games from 5 steam accounts, and buy DLCs that gives you the best ships in the game, which are not achievable by other means. If however you want to play a game where all players are playing as equal opponents......"

I guess you can imagine the rest....

But is that the case???

Edited by Sir Imbriglicated
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Dude; where have you been?   Alts ‘ARE’ the game.  

Those of us without alts are the minority.  

You´re quite right sir. I have been away. But then my review would be precise right? 
But @Teutonics comment is hypothetical? If so, perhaps the devs. are on the right track in order to appeal to people who do not want to run 5 accounts. 

1 hour ago, Sir Imbriglicated said:

? Is that the case??? If its the case I will quit the game because the amount of P2W has increased, and I will write a review on steam about how a fantastic game is ruined and how a great part of the "players" in this game actually are alts condoned, and helped by the devs.

6 hours ago, z4ys said:

Teleport fee depends on rank. Low lvl player don't pay 10 doubloons....

Eco alts are usually not end rank as you delete them to put them in other nations when the port you depended on switched flags. So yeah, the importance would have been increased in that aspect. Another aspect though is that stuff does not magically spawn anymore in ports but in OW AI traders. That might limit your dependence on teleporting through outposts all the time.

See for this:

So....

I sink an AI LGV and get 2300 reals...

Which is enough for 1 hull repair if your lucky as seen them at 2500 each.

Before update had maybe 800k gold..... bought reps and wiped me out without even getting enough for my normal load out on a herc.....

How can anyone afford to fight as prices are at moment? :D

Also ports that dropped resources....  with no teak/white oak/ or whatever resources dropping how will clans pay for timers.

Not trollling just pointing out a few glaring issues currently.

Edited by Dibbler

48 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

So....

I sink an AI LGV and get 2300 reals...

Which is enough for 1 hull repair if your lucky as seen them at 2500 each.

Before update had maybe 800k gold..... bought reps and wiped me out without even getting enough for my normal load out on a herc.....

How can anyone afford to fight as prices are at moment? :D

Also ports that dropped resources....  with no teak/white oak/ or whatever resources dropping how will clans pay for timers.

Not trollling just pointing out a few glaring issues currently.

Sounds like some people are selling repairs for old prices. Give it time and the price should come down. 

• Like 1

Reals      Labor     Doubloons       Labor in Doubloons

Essex           10k        1500              0                             1200

Connie         22k        2400           3600                          1900

Bellona        26k        2900           4150                          2300

Bucket         34k        3300           5400                          2700

Victory         37k        3700           7800                          3000

For teak/teak ships and 1 teak log = 5 reals. Cannons would add about 50% labor and 10-20k reals. 1000 labor = 1 day of passive labor generation.

So a fitted 4th rate takes about 3 days of labor. Question is what amount of reals and doubloons do players earn compared with that. It should be on average about 10k reals and 1200 Doubloons per day. Roughly. 

Edited by Fargo

With the update some base ressources of mine got devalued. Others were kept at the same values.

Hemp: 10 000 became 2949 after the update

Fir: 10 000 became 6451 after the update

Stone: 10 000 became 7194 after the update.

The stacks were left untouched, just that they had the new numbers instead of 10k.

If this is a feature, not a bug, what is the reason behind this?

12 minutes ago, Suppenkelle said:

With the update some base ressources of mine got devalued. Others were kept at the same values.

Hemp: 10 000 became 2949 after the update

Fir: 10 000 became 6451 after the update

Stone: 10 000 became 7194 after the update.

The stacks were left untouched, just that they had the new numbers instead of 10k.

If this is a feature, not a bug, what is the reason behind this?

Maybe these are just new stacks from the materials that were convertered to resources.

@admin

The labor hours needs to be adjusted. I don't think I even had my Food farm full yet and I went and did 2000 Labor hours and I still got 600 food left in it. I get the Level 3's are worth like two old buildings, but we can't ever retract all our resources if one building takes it all, lets not even count 10 buildings.  Not sure if the production is to high, but for sure the labor cost is way to high.

I can see maybe runing a bunch of level ones, but what is the point of having level 3's if we can't properly retract from them?  Even more what is the point of having 10 slots if I can only harvest from one at a time every three days?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The labor hours needs to be adjusted.

I'm noticing this as well, it's pretty rough. Either an adjustment to the hours generation, or a reduction of labor contract price, would be very helpful for reigniting the economy.

On 10/31/2018 at 8:23 AM, admin said:

it will stabilize once you understand that doubloons are not pvp marks and you can get them by multiple means. 

pvp marks and combat marks are abandoned as a concept.

I have read that comment from you in different forums, and the more you say it the more i realize it doesnt make sense. I for one never used pvp marks in my daily life in naval action. I hauled goods and sold them. Now i have to pay dbs that i dont earn to teleport. And that will make sense once i realize that pvp marks and combat marks not dbs?

Lets get real for a second....that your comment is full of it. Not only do i have to pay a currency i dont earn in trading to teleport, but you also change the weight of items. My Dutch peanut butter used to weight 12 if i remember right. Now it weights 100. Why did you change the weights? So now its harder to make money as a trader. 

38 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Indeed, very costly in labour hours.

For example, we require a bunch of iron ore, due to cannons crafting and shipbuiling, and I extrated 1000 for aprox. 1500 LH.

What is enough iron to craft 10 4th rates...

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The labor hours needs to be adjusted.

If ships/resources are too expensive in general simply needs to be figured out based on real data, not based on what we think. We dont even know how expensive different ships are supposed to be, because devs dont share much information about their "new vision". We cant say anything about it, unless we arent able to leave port anymore with a crafted ship.

I dont know the numbers from last patch. But last time i checked a 3rd rate was 3700 LH, an medium 5th rate 2000 LH. Now its 2900 LH and 1500 LH. Seems it actually decreased.

Labor was redundant prepatch because of inflated CMs, maybe some people got used to this?!

Dont let resource cost fool you. Labor cost of several materials, the major labor cost of ships, was transferred into only resources. Its impossible to tell how the overall labor cost changed, without knowing the numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fargo said:

What is enough iron to craft 10 4th rates...

If ships/resources are too expensive in general simply needs to be figured out based on real data, not based on what we think. We dont even know how expensive different ships are supposed to be, because devs dont share much information about their "new vision". We cant say anything about it, unless we arent able to leave port anymore with a crafted ship.

I dont know the numbers from last patch. But last time i checked a 3rd rate was 3700 LH, an medium 5th rate 2000 LH. Now its 2900 LH and 1500 LH. Seems it actually decreased.

Labor was redundant prepatch because of inflated CMs, maybe some people got used to this?!

Dont let resource cost fool you. Labor cost of several materials, the major labor cost of ships, was transferred into only resources. Its impossible to tell how the overall labor cost changed, without knowing the numbers.

have you done any resource harvest?  Level 3 buddings you can get 1500 out of the 2000 stuff for 2000 Labor hours.  That is one out of all your building just burned up all your labor hours.  Than what is the point of having 5-10 building slots if they are always full cause you can't harvest them?

I didn't meantion anything about cost other than the actuall hours of harvest.  Haven't gotten that far cause I can't harvest from other buildings until I get more resources (I got tons in clan warehouse but trying from fresh).  I'll let you know in a week when I get the resouces gather up.

• Like 1

I like the new economy change, it feels better that large line ships are more rare and valuable. But I think we've gone from one extreme to the other, before it was easy to afford a 1st rate but now it's extremely difficult. I think it would be much better if all battles rewarded some doubloons after battle as they do reals, not a lot of doubloons but some. People would have MUCH less of a problem with the change, currently people desperately want and the drop rate is far too random. Labor contracts also costing doubloons is a terrible idea, I think, because you might as well just add that cost to the cost of the ship. Labor contacts as they are aren't adding anything to the game, just more doubloons to the cost of the ship. 

1 minute ago, Draymoor said:

I like the new economy change, it feels better that large line ships are more rare and valuable. But I think we've gone from one extreme to the other, before it was easy to afford a 1st rate but now it's extremely difficult. I think it would be much better if all battles rewarded some doubloons after battle as they do reals, not a lot of doubloons but some. People would have MUCH less of a problem with the change, currently people desperately want and the drop rate is far too random. Labor contracts also costing doubloons is a terrible idea, I think, because you might as well just add that cost to the cost of the ship. Labor contacts as they are aren't adding anything to the game, just more doubloons to the cost of the ship. 

All we can count on is that devs said there would be a lot of balancing after this patch was implemented.

Crossing fingers (and toes).

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

have you done any resource harvest?  Level 3 buddings you can get 1500 out of the 2000 stuff for 2000 Labor hours.  That is one out of all your building just burned up all your labor hours.  Than what is the point of having 5-10 building slots if they are always full cause you can't harvest them?

I didn't meantion anything about cost other than the actuall hours of harvest.  Haven't gotten that far cause I can't harvest from other buildings until I get more resources (I got tons in clan warehouse but trying from fresh).  I'll let you know in a week when I get the resouces gather up.

I guess you arent supposed to empty your buildings. Why should you? Production rate now just isnt a limiting factor, and thats a good thing. Makes palyers think instead of emptying everything whenever they can.

Harvest cost of resources defines the cost of ships now, sadly materials are gone for no reason. You cant just decrease it until you can empty your buildings.